Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Wink Multiboxing D3 4 crusaders + Need advice for Recording and/or streaming (to twitch)

Please help with advice on how to maximize on both recording quality and streaming quality while minimizing impact to PC performance!
    I am not new to multiboxing, I have been doing it for a few years on WOW x 5 and Diablo x 4. Finally quit WOW last year, and I am eager to play more DIABLO 3! This is my first post here.

I am having a few issues when launching D3 x 4 crusaders, but while I am working on that (should see a post on this and another forum tonight with my D3errorlogthingy) I would love to here from people who have experience recording D3 multiboxing and/or people with experience streaming it. They are level 69 and on Act 5 about to kill Malthiel for the first time so I want to record and stream it if I can going forward. From my research I want to be level 70 before killing him especially in patch 2.4!!!!!!!!

Based on my research so far, I can use Nvidia Shadowplay to either manually record it or save the last X minutes (up to 20). I have D3 running on a 1tb SSD on Win 7 x64 with 32gb system memory with an I5-2500k @3.3ghz and the video card is 750ti w/2gb. It runs the 4 copies of D3 (when I can get them to launch together) @ 1080p pretty well @30fps foreground/8fps background (for mouse cursor issues it is 30/30 in ISBOXER). I have not tested this yet but my understanding is Shadowplay will not impact the performance much if at all, especially since I set the Saved Videos folder for Shadowplay to a (non C system drive) USB3 HD, and the temp files for it to another separate SSD. These recorded videos would go on a new youtube channel. I saw a camera option on there not sure if Shadowplay also can record your webcam, that would be cool.

I actually have another exact copy of this machine except has 16gb system memory to use if it is needed for streaming. I am hoping it will not be needed for that, that OBS can run also with the above running but sounds a bit too hopeful. I plan on setting up OBS to stream, probably to twitch. Speedtest reveals @17ms ping, downloads @30mbps, uploads @ 5mbps. I really do not know how to set up OBS to do this but I am investigating, I heard people have templates and some people even make them. I have only used OBS to capture Hearthstone games so far.

I plan on upgrading my NVidia cards this 2016 when the new generation comes out using less electricity and having more power and memory. I plan to edit the videos (if needed) on my homebuilt Mac Pro with an I7-2600k with 32gb ram.

Thanks in advance!
    SteelAce

After playing D3 and multiboxing for quite a while, I noticed the game doesn't care or use much GPU, but it EATS CPU. If u are going to upgrade just to improve your D3 experience, then invest in a really good CPU + motherboard, and even overclock it. U will notice a big improvement in performance compared to getting a kickass GPU with the same i5 2500k. U can test this really easy. Overclock your GPU and see if there are any noticeable performance improvements. Then do the same with the CPU. Chances are, u will notice a big differece with CPU overclocking.

I overclocked my i7 4770k and got a nice 15-20% FPS increase.

I'm recording with ObsProject and I think it's easy to broadcast live with it, since that's what it's made for. I never tried the broadcast thing however.

I upgraded my AMD 3 core CPU to a 6-core, same motherboard, same graphic card, same SSD, same everything else. Difference was night and day better.

Blog Entries

When I was streaming, I used XSplit. It is a really easy program to set up and doesn't take a lot of resources.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Since D3 is so CPU intensive, you might want to consider taking the streaming load away from your CPU too, using a capture card to handle all of the rendering for you.