Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Mixed Classes Questions

I've been boxing diablo 3 since there was an AH, however, when they got rid of it, I stopped really pushing myself. Now, I mostly multibox each season for rewards then stop. However, back then, there really wasn't as much incentive to optimize that much because lack of seasons, etc.

This season I wouldn't mind trying to push myself, especially since all of a sudden a bunch of my real life friends have started playing in S4 and we were having fun competing with each other. However, playing 4x really limited myself last season when I know I could have done better.

My main focus is to learn how people are handling multi-classes.

I understand isboxer pretty well from playing WoW, and have gotten good at customizing layouts for different classes with round robins, special hotkeys, etc, but I am curious when I read about s5 mixed classes, and boxers playing them, how you are getting around some of the benefits of playing a 4x class.

For instance:

• How are you mixing ranged/melee? Are you speccing ranged to be melee focused, or, are you just running up to mobs based around the melee character and just shit clicking to keep them stacked and not worrying about range?
    • How are you handling escape mechanics (teleport for instance) if one of your characters is missing said mechanic
    • I have never played support barb, so not sure how that mixes well with ranged WD/DH/Wiz.

I just want to make sure I am not missing something obvious after wasting so much time just playing 4x classes.

I was thinking about just doing 4xDH or 4xCrus this season, but now i am thinking I should master mix classes.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Quote Originally Posted by wakasm View Post
    I've been boxing diablo 3 since there was an AH, however, when they got rid of it, I stopped really pushing myself. Now, I mostly multibox each season for rewards then stop. However, back then, there really wasn't as much incentive to optimize that much because lack of seasons, etc.

This season I wouldn't mind trying to push myself, especially since all of a sudden a bunch of my real life friends have started playing in S4 and we were having fun competing with each other. However, playing 4x really limited myself last season when I know I could have done better.

My main focus is to learn how people are handling multi-classes.

I understand isboxer pretty well from playing WoW, and have gotten good at customizing layouts for different classes with round robins, special hotkeys, etc, but I am curious when I read about s5 mixed classes, and boxers playing them, how you are getting around some of the benefits of playing a 4x class.

For instance:

• How are you mixing ranged/melee? Are you speccing ranged to be melee focused, or, are you just running up to mobs based around the melee character and just shit clicking to keep them stacked and not worrying about range?
    • How are you handling escape mechanics (teleport for instance) if one of your characters is missing said mechanic
    • I have never played support barb, so not sure how that mixes well with ranged WD/DH/Wiz.

I just want to make sure I am not missing something obvious after wasting so much time just playing 4x classes.

I was thinking about just doing 4xDH or 4xCrus this season, but now i am thinking I should master mix classes.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Mixing classes can boost drastically your party DPS but from a multiboxing point of view, it can be a bit complex depending on the classes and builds u choose. In general u can do fine with single class, but u wont be able to push GR90s any time soon. Now to your questions:

• In general u should avoid mixing melee and ranged, but if it's part of what u want, then u can just make the ranged play in melee range or pull mobs to melee range (Cyclone Strike monk, Condemn Crusader, etc.). Also u can make the melee play ranged, specially if its a support and u dont really mind its dps ... whatever makes it work with the rest.
    • Teleport? Avoid it. Unless u are really good with resyncing your chars, forget about teleports. Those work with 4x classes and with the same CDR. Replace teleport with another useful skill, say a damage buff. Since u are going to lack a escape mechanism, find something else. Let's say Laws of Hope Wings of Angels from a Crusader so u can move thru mobs and walls. Or Wizard Blackhole Event Horizon so u can absorb walls, molten explosions, frozen, etc. Or add some CC to the mix so u can stun/freeze whatever is making u wanna escape. Or add perma immunity + toughness (Ignore Pain) and tank the damage.
    • It mixes perfect. If I'm mixing it with Ranged classes, I just use Weapon Throw Stupefy and it works just like any other ranged class. Remember u just need the perma Ignore Pain, WarCry and Sprint. Threatening Shout is nice and has a decent range but if u dont wanna be too close, use something else. For example this was the support Barb I was using with my Wizards to farm DBs: http://www.d3planner.com/304292450

My suggestion? Play 4x DHs or 4x Crusaders and wait to see the new meta for high GR. Then see if u can replicate it and work from there. Any of those classes will get u easily to 70s. Playing 4x chars from the same class makes easy/fast to gear them. From there u can powerlevel whatever new class u need.

That or go with 3x any class + support barb. Support barb is a constant in all high level parties until Blizzard nerfs it.
    Last edited by Devile : 01-13-2016 at 10:30 PM

The same as Devile on the 3 points.

- You can't really mix melee and ranged class, however some ranged classes have melee templates now (DH with a dagger, WD with Firebats, etc.)

- Unless you are playing 4x the same class, don't teleport. Multiboxing has its advantages, but it's one of its flaws. Also you need to know (but you already do, since you are multiboxing WoW) that you won't do better than 4 real players teaming. Well... it depends on the players tho

- I haven't tried a Barb as support, but I generally play 3x same class and one support. The Maths are here... 4x1M DPS = 4M DPS but 3x1M DPS and 50% damage buff from last character equals 4.5M DPS... Plus other advantages, like ressource regeneration, protection, etc.

I haven't decided yet which combo I'll play this era. DHs have a very high DPS but they are still weak compared to other classes. At the moment I'm gathering new legendaries and farming materials with 4xWD (for rifts) and 4xDH (for bounties and rifts).