Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Dead PC

Default Dead PC

Well apparently while 5 boxing and streaming on twitch last night my PC said no.

So now its stuck in and endless loop of off and on. This is a common problem i guess with the MSI boards.

Pulled another PSU I had and still in same loop. The only thing I don't know anything about is the water cooler that was put in it. Pulled everything from the board all the way to the CPU. No evidence of a short or burn marks anywhere. Fans come on for a few seconds, disc drive spins, all blue lights on, and then shuts off.

So I have an older I7 2700k 3.5ghz. What would be the appropriate board to throw in there? Want some quality, but not looking to throw a ton of money into the machine. It has enough power for my needs, just trying to get it back on its feet.

EVGA GTX 580
    MSI p67a-gd55(b3)
    I7 2700k 3.5ghz
    16 gb RAM on 64 bit OS
    Antec KHuler H2o 620
    SSD and a HDD
    1k Watt PSU Thermaltake
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    What would be the appropriate board to throw in there? Want some quality, but not looking to throw a ton of money into the machine. It has enough power for my needs, just trying to get it back on its feet.
    I don't think you have much of a choice, and any four-year-old P67 or Z68 board should fill the role of the one you have.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Well they are almost as much as a new set. What mobo processor combo would you recommend instead?
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

get a quality ASUS board next time
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I don't move much in vendors myself, but looking up the available boards for a LGA1155 socket you are fairly limited. Although, with the items you've listed, you could even get away with a mini ITX/micro ATX board, as even they provide a single PCIE 16x slot, and even on the Z77 chipset (the top of the line chipset for the LGA1155 series). Hopefully your 16GB is across 2x 8GB sticks.....

Well apparently while 5 boxing and streaming on twitch last night my PC said no.

So now its stuck in and endless loop of off and on. This is a common problem i guess with the MSI boards.

Pulled another PSU I had and still in same loop. The only thing I don't know anything about is the water cooler that was put in it. Pulled everything from the board all the way to the CPU. No evidence of a short or burn marks anywhere. Fans come on for a few seconds, disc drive spins, all blue lights on, and then shuts off.

So I have an older I7 2700k 3.5ghz. What would be the appropriate board to throw in there? Want some quality, but not looking to throw a ton of money into the machine. It has enough power for my needs, just trying to get it back on its feet.

EVGA GTX 580
    MSI p67a-gd55(b3)
    I7 2700k 3.5ghz
    16 gb RAM on 64 bit OS
    Antec KHuler H2o 620
    SSD and a HDD
    1k Watt PSU Thermaltake
    Mine just did exactly that last weekend after putting in a 980Ti and EVGA PSU. I was running an Intel DP67DE mobo with an i7-2600k as well, with a 2TB HDD, 2x 840 Pro SSDs in RAID-0, and a Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 850w. Aside from that, I've had no complaints about the board. I'm guessing one of the motherboard's electrolytic caps finally died but that's conjecture.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    get a quality ASUS board next time
    LOL hey now i love my asus ROP gamers laptop.

First off I have built about 13 pc's over the years. So this one my wife was like...oh let them build a nice one...which was a mistake.

Looking through my parts...lol i have for RAM.... SUPER TALENT s77 DDR3 1600 EG(2X4G) x 4

Anyways I see now where they got away with the low price of the build just by all the off brand parts...which surprisingly work well.

So if i scrap the motherboard and CPU...what would be the best board/cpu to throw in there....that wouldn't kill me....only looking to spend 350ish or so.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Aww come on...you guys are the super nerds.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Aww come on...you guys are the super nerds.
    Seeing as you've built 13 PCs (which is more than I have) you could also be doing some of your own research. >_>

You're not going to get a motherboard and a CPU to multibox on for $350 unless you go AMD, or find someone to sell you used Intel parts for that cheap.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

You can't SUPER-NERD POWERS COMBINE! and get a cheaper price. Well, you can, but you end up with something that burns down, falls over, and sinks into the swamp immediately after the short and overpriced warranty expires. Like my granpappy always sed, "Yeh don't always git what yeh pay fer, but yeh always pay fer what yeh git."

01010011 01110101 01110000 01100101 01110010 00101101 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00101110
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)