Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Black Desert Online?!?

So i was reading the B&S Reddit forums and someone posted a "Blade and Soul vs Black Desert online" article. The game looks Amazing! Anyone play it?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I played some of the Korean open beta, but I didn't too much other than run around a bit and kill some things. Everyone was praising the game for its looks and environment, but everything was so aliased and I felt that really took away from things. It also didn't seem to run very well beyond 1920x1080, including ultra-wide resolutions, and getting SLI to work required a 'hack' at the time.

This was obviously, like... a year ago, so anything could have changed since then.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I will be on release, or CBT2 if i prepurchase

Thankfully Trion is not the company releasing it so that is something in itself

A fair while ago on the Korean forum there was a proof of concept on multiboxing it, syncing in a 3d world with the auto run feature of their map, and no friendly collision - if this still works, or if they don't use hackshield or a similar program (though they probably will) i'll be very excited

I might try it while waiting for Crowfall & Camelot Unchained.

PS B&S is just not MMO enough for my taste, more like co-op arena queue sim But I like it for what it is.

Playing it. Almost 50 and think it's the best mmo release in quite some time. I don't think boxing would do much though as it's very action based and you can't trade most items so not much use even for a crafting account. I did the dual computer thing a long time ago and that's the only thing they allow it seems. I might if I could come up with any real profit from it but so far not finding one.

Here's their stance on boxing. One of the better statements I've seen from a game company at least.
    Posted yesterday at 9:22 AM (edited)
    Dear players,

We noticed that some players running around in group, all characters from the same class, executing the exact same actions.

As stated under Section 12.1.3 of our Terms of Use, we do not allow players to use "software or code allowing the player to play the Game in ways which would not have been otherwise possible."

This means that we do allow players to run several accounts at the same time but we do not allow them to use programs to reproduce instructions on several accounts ("multi boxing").

Multi boxing consists in the use of a program in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players, since you can control several characters at the same time. Not only is it forbidden by our Terms of Use, but it is also unfair and game breaking.

We allow you to play several characters at the same time, as long as you feel ready to struggle with several keyboards and mice. You can have one of your characters on auto-follow behind your main character for instance.

We do not allow you to play several characters with a single keyboard which instructions are duplicated on several accounts at the same time . If you are caught doing this, we will take appropriate action against your accounts.

If you believe you cannot play Black Desert Online without multi boxing, we will, exceptionally, allow you to file a refund claim until the 6th of March, provided that you purchased multiple accounts before the launch of the game and that you do not get caught mutli boxing as from the launch of the game.

If you are caught multi boxing, before or after the launch, we will take appropriate action against your account pursuant to our Terms of Use.
    Edited yesterday at 10:35 AM by GM Tokaji

While it sucks they aren't allowing multiboxing, at least they're up front about it.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I want to check it out but after reading more on it I don't think it will suit me. I did buy it though and am in the process of downloading it. I'm not terribly bothered by them not allowing multiboxing but I am pretty bothered by the complaints that the game is 99% single player doable.

That to me disqualifies it as an MMO. But we'll see.

That's probably not what you're looking for I guess. I'll check back in once I've had some time with it.

I'm not sure what to think about it now. I looks great, plays great. Combat is fun, lots of stuff to do ( almost too much to do actually ) I only played a few days and am now playing The Division and still playing ESO. I plan to come back to it later.

I am starting to worry that there will be no new MMOs that are boxer friendly in the future. It seems like they all take hard stances against our style of game play. Good thing is, at least for now, WoW, EQ1&2,Rift etc..are still great games to box.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

Personally I am not a big fan of BDO, but to be honest it does not play well on my machine (4k,SLI) so I am a bit biased. The UI scaling even when pumped all the way up is terrible for a 4k screen as well. I think at 1080p it would be a great game.
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com