Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Question [WoW] Having trouble getting {FTL} macro to work.

Hey everyone, so here's the issue. At some point (probably when I ran ISBoxer the first time and was even more clueless) I must have changed some part of the /targetexact {FTL} macro that was generated through the Quick Setup Wizard. Because I'm trying to use it now and after an hour of tinkering around, changing this property and that, I'm still not able to fix it myself.

The other Quick Setup macros such as assist or follow work fine so the problem is localized to targetexact and I just can't figure out why.

If anyone can point me at what I can do it'd be great, thanks.

Here's my config (pastebin)

Name:  targetexact.png
Views: 339
Size:  53.1 KB

That's what mine looks like. Not at home or I'd peek at yours.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Møg View Post
    Because I'm trying to use it now and after an hour of tinkering around, changing this property and that, I'm still not able to fix it myself.
    Trying to use it where, to do what? The default keybinding, as shown in UMHH's screenshot, is left bracket ( [ ), but I don't see why Num* would make it not work.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I think I may have figured out what is going on, it may be that the default quick setup macro may be incompatible with the corresponding keymap in my second team's non-combat group.

if I can't get it figured out I may just erase it all and generate a completely new setup with the wizard. Which would suck but eventually I would make it less potato.

I ended up going another direction because the former way I was trying to do it was a cumbersome. My goal with my 3 man team is to have the master mount a two-person mount, second slot targets master, interacts to mount on backseat, and slot 3 is a druid and takes care of himself. I made a two step map with WoW macro actions but not able to test it out until later.

Anyone see any problems with this map? If you ctrl+F it's named X-53 Touring Rocket"under Non-combat on my 2nd Character Set (Alpha)

http://pastebin.com/zgtjRUKF

Well, at a glance, with no keystroke bound to either the TargetFTL variable keystroke (on any char or charset) or the /targetexact {FTL} macro, I can't see how this would even export, let alone work.

Also, what's the purpose behind using deprecated calls rather than the Named WoW Macro Actions? Was that a conscious decision or did it just end up that way? Trying to understand your thought process and/or mechanical direction, here. I'm pretty sure I could make a mapped key that does what you're trying to do as an example but before I go and do that, I'd like to understand how you got where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Møg View Post
    Anyone see any problems with this map? If you ctrl+F it's named X-53 Touring Rocket"under Non-combat on my 2nd Character Set (Alpha)
    1) WoW Macro Actions are superseded by Named WoW Macro Actions (it states this at the top of the Action's options), and right now you're potentially assigning macros to characters who are never going to use them, as well as eating up a key to do it.

2) TargetFTL is a Variable Keystroke, not a macro, and unless that key combination (Ctrl+RAlt+Space) is assigned to something in game it's going to do nothing (except maybe make your character jump).

3) You have F1 double, or even triple bound to your characters across multiple Mapped Keys.

4) I do not believe that your mod: lines will pass to the characters for dismounting due to the old, deprecated WoW Macro Action.

5) I do not know if using the same key for both the Hotkey of the Mapped and the macro bindings are going to conflict. Normally, they wouldn't, but I haven't used the old WoW Macro Action in a very long time.

Backing up even further from before...

6) Looking at other Mapped Keys in your profile, I can see that you've used WoW Macro Actions elsewhere, and have bound left bracket—the default key binding for the TargetExact {FTL} macro. Looking back at the profile you posted originally, you're also using left bracket several times, as both a Hotkey and a WoW Macro Action binding. Unfortunately, I do not know why Num* didn't work for you, as it works just fine as a binding in the game.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks for both your responses. It's pretty clear that I'm in the stage of learning where I did get some stuff to work in the way I want, but I don't understand most of it and since it was done in such a shoddy manner it will totally conflict with the rest of the program and if I just continued on it would get progressively worse and worse.

In all honesty there wasn't much thought process to be had when I was setting it up like I did. I've been watching videos, reading the various help sections and cruising forums but I only have a very generalized comprehension of how I should correctly go about making an optimal profile. With stuff like this I usually learn through a sort of trial and error method, it seems most effective personally to learn through mistakes and what NOT to do.

One of the parts most confusing to me is I have been having trouble assigning mapped keys to their proper section/group. These groups are ambiguous to me and I'm having trouble associating some types of groups with what they're specifically made for and what they definitely can't do. Only today did I finally get a better understanding of Variable Keystrokes. I know I can create a macro action to cast Spell A, bound to Shift+1...but it will tell the game I'm hitting Shift+Alt+1 if I have Spell A bound to Shift+Alt+1 under the Variable Macros section in the upper left menu. But originally I didn't actually know which ISBoxer actions have to be assigned keys that match the same action/keybind in Wow's interface.

Another thing I've been searching for and cannot seem to find anything of is threads or directories where people share their profiles or their keymaps. This thread at dual-boxing.com is precisely what I wish I could find more of. Seeing several established examples of how other people configure their profiles would help me troubleshoot the trickier bits and help out tremendously, however there doesn't seem to be much profile-sharing going on.

I'd like to have some actual playtime today instead of the hours of creating keymaps, fixing keymaps, and fixing fixes I spent yesterday and the day before....but it may have to wait because I'm just going to delete the abomination I currently have and start with default settings in an attempt to get on the right track here.
    Last edited by Møg : 01-05-2016 at 06:52 PM

Yeah. I feel your pain. What I've taken to doing is working on a little at a time, getting that little bit working, and then saving the next change to a new xml file. So I have the following files in My Documents:

mixedteams_garona_v1.xml
    mixedteams_garona_v17.xml

Basically, I manually version my setups so that if I completely fubar things, I can just start over but from the last Known Good/Working config. It is, as you observed, time consuming to get into the habit and be diligent about it, but it saves all kinds of headaches later on when you just completely fat-finger something.

You'll also get used to where you can make changes without things potentially going way off the rails on you and when you really, REALLY need to make a backup first.

I'm gonna be more diligent with backups. I went ahead and just saved the old retarded config for reference and I'm doing a new setup, which gives me the advantage of having a slightly better idea of exactly how to make the proper choices. Originally I had no idea that clear understanding of how the tree system of commands works is pretty crucial. Thanks for the input, having the errors pointed out goes a long way towards my being able to fix them.