Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Well, that out-of-memory popup makes perfect sense if 4 work but adding the 5th causes FPS issues. I would review what other programs are running. Chrome is well known for sucking up all available resources for its own ends. I ran 5 in MoP at 1920x1080 with a GTX460 and 12GB of RAM and would occasionally see the OOM warning. You can drop the renderer back from DX11 to DX9 to free up ~15% of client memory which will stave off the OOM warnings for a bit but it should still gripe after several hours of play as the clients grow.

What's different about the "master" account?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Well, there should shouldnt be any difference theres nothing i have conciously done to make it different.

Would dropping another 16gig memory just fix the problem instantly ?

Well, question is, have you tried shutting down all unnecessary software/apps (like all those Chrome tabs) while multiboxing to see if that fixes it? If that has no effect, then I doubt adding more RAM will help.

Next up would be to verify per-core what's assigned. Most folks have good luck with letting ISBoxer assign all cores to all processes but my experience has not been quite so clear-cut. I've usually had to go in and spread cores around to even out the loads. http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...-good-enough-O has some info on thread balancing and experiences some of us have had. Might give you an idear.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 01-26-2016 at 08:00 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

well, if sticking more memory in the rig fixes it. I'd rather do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimshaman View Post
    well, if sticking more memory in the rig fixes it. I'd rather do that.
    Wouldn't it be quicker (and easier) to just shut down all the other applications that aren't necessary for multiboxing to see if freeing up memory fixes the issue? As Ugh already mentioned, Chrome eats up a ton of RAM, and it's running in the screenshot you posted.

WoW is going to eat up 2GB per game client, so five game clients is 10GB right off of the bat. Add in an additional 2-3GB for the OS, and you're quickly running out of memory for anything else to sit around idle in the background.

Lyonheart reported memory issues in the hardware forum (using 16GB) and someone else chimed in to say they had a memory leak. At least a few people have mentioned 16GB not being enough for them on the ISBoxer forum, as well. Also the Details tab of the Task Manager will tell you what is eating up memory, and how much it's eating up.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology