Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default [ISBoxer] Brand new, need help troubleshooting the setup

Hello so I'm completely new to multiboxing, the idea only crossed my mind a few days ago and now here I am. Of course, I'm having issues because why would anything as technical as this, just run smoothly first shot.

What I'm attempting to do:
    Dual box WoW -(control 2 toons simultaneously)

What Program am I using to do this:
    ISBoxer

What exactly is my issue?
    My main box is experiencing stability issues. Frame rate is all over the place. However, the 2nd box is running mint! if I swap to the 2nd WoW process it runs fine whether its the active or inactive window. Now, I suspect this has to be a configuration issue with ISBoxer. I'm unsure what else it could be possibly be.

Some potentially useful details of things I've done/checked:
    While running ISBoxer I opened task manager to view my resources. I'm only using 9-10% CPU, and 20% Memory. I've tried different window layouts aswell. One thing I havent done, is create two separate folders for the WoW directory to boot separate config files.

My PC specs:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 46 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
    Motherboard
    MSI Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917) 37 °C
    Graphics
    LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@60Hz)
    GN246HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
    8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (MSI) 61 °C
    Storage
    465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 29 °C
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I'd really appreciate any constructive support I receive here. I'm truly noob at this point.

----Thanks

Three things to check off the top of my head:

1) /console set maxfpsbk 30
    2) /console set maxfps 60 (both of these can be set in graphics options as well)
    3) Go change both clients to either DX11 or DX9 and set the graphics sliders to the same settings.

When you set up the group, I presume you used the ISBoxer wizard? If you do think it's an ISBoxer issue, try pasting your config in here and let us have a look.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thank you.

In regards to 1) and 2), I have played with the fps throttle settings in both ISBoxer and Inner Space to no avail. My graphic options in WoW do not throttle my fps.

In regards to 3) I have both clients set to DX11 and I do remember trying to switch them to DX9 in my testing. Graphics sliders are both set to ultra, although I have tested it with them both on "Good" aswell.

When doing my original setup yes I followed the wizard, as mentioned in the Starting Guide on these forums.

Here is my config, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4I...14bFhoZWc/view

I don't see anything obvious. Something you can try doing: Go into Character Sets -> Shapeshifters -> Slot 1 -> Performance tab -> Select only cores 1-4. Select only cores 5-8 on slot 2 and see if that helps.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

First, I'll say that if you're experiencing issues with ISBoxer, that the fastest way to get help is to post on the ISBoxer forum because there are people over there, who don't normally post over here.

Second, you will need to provide a diagnostic.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

First of all, thank you both for your replies.

@Ughmahedhurtz - tested your advice. Sadly, that did not solve the issue.

@MiRai Sup man, I enjoyed your YouTube videos! I like your monitor setup. That aside, I am going to take your advice and ask for more support over at the ISBoxer website. However here is a link to view my diagnostic report in the event that you may derive a solution from it with your experience.

ISBoxerDiagnostic - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4I...ew?usp=sharing

If I find the solution to this issue, I will post a more detailed description of what the problem was and how it was resolved here for any other new users who might experience the same thing.

EDIT: SOLUTION

I found the solution here http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

Reading the section titled "Other Running Software" I found I had a program installed that was conflicting with ISBoxer. In my case the culprit was AMD Raptr (aka AMD Gaming Evolved).
    Last edited by craz : 01-05-2016 at 03:09 AM Reason: solution