Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default XP Farm Team (viable both now and in 2.4)

As the title says, now that season ended I am debating farming some experience before they nerf the +xp - I got access to most classes with at least starter gear for many builds (wizard and monks are best geared).

Considerations are:

-) Able to run reasonably high GRs (for me that is 50s) fast

-) Decently able to farm keys and loot in T7+ (I could just solo this with my u6 monk with the others looting the key at the end I suppose, but most likely I will need to farm for gear anyways)

-) Minimal hassle in terms of skill staggering and timings etc

-) Should work pre 2.4 and post 2.4 (I do have a somewhat ok setup for SC, but I really rather gear something else as that will be gone in 2.4)

I was almost thinking just go 4x WD's just for the simplicity, but it would be nice to get some ideas and thoughts.
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Perrigrin View Post
    As the title says, now that season ended I am debating farming some experience before they nerf the +xp - I got access to most classes with at least starter gear for many builds (wizard and monks are best geared).

Considerations are:

-) Able to run reasonably high GRs (for me that is 50s) fast

-) Decently able to farm keys and loot in T7+ (I could just solo this with my u6 monk with the others looting the key at the end I suppose, but most likely I will need to farm for gear anyways)

-) Minimal hassle in terms of skill staggering and timings etc

-) Should work pre 2.4 and post 2.4 (I do have a somewhat ok setup for SC, but I really rather gear something else as that will be gone in 2.4)

I was almost thinking just go 4x WD's just for the simplicity, but it would be nice to get some ideas and thoughts.
    Barbs can do 50s fairly easy and fast with Bane of the Stricken. Will work pre and post 2.4 but won't be the ideal setup for 2.4. WW is not in a good place right now for 2.4 compared to other builds. WDs with Helltooth could be an amazing option if it wasn't for the amazing LAG.

I like WD lazy builds based on locust swarm but those can do T7-T8 pre 2.4. 2.4 can do T10 easy.

thanks, I was thinking most 4x barb setups would be harder to control, but I guess WW isnt so bad?
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

Without lag its very good. With lag, it's very hard to play. Not using barbs tho. Just my regular SC party for speed 60s til 2.4 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Without lag its very good. With lag, it's very hard to play. Not using barbs tho. Just my regular SC party for speed 60s til 2.4 hits.
    Yeah, lag has killed quite a few rifts for me.
    I got as high as 72 this season with SC, but that point is moot now.

Thinking WD, WIZ, or DH for next season, but not entirely sure yet.

Guys you've seen this ? I could use 4 of those and speed-farm T10 and GR 45's...

I rather go with a lazy build like these 2:

HUGE AOE. Less mobility but amazing AoE.

Interesting. However this build is 1 month old so I hope it won't be nerfed at 2.4 release... also, I might want to use WDs as a main team (for high level GRs). But we'll see.

Anyway the speed-farming builds have a flaw that I can't really solve, which is : legendaries appear with some second of delay in the mini-maps (I mean the maps from characters 2, 3 and 4) so by the time they pop I'll be far away. Unless of course Blizzard fixes the lag with 2.4, which I doubt...

Don't know if you've tried it but having VideoFX of the other characters maps on your main screen help a lot when it comes to farming.

Here's a picture of my setup for it, when I switch char the current character's map is a hole in the 2x2 map area. Making it toggleable is also a good idea.
    http://i.imgur.com/Xp3fYbc.jpg?1

Yep, I do the same. VideoFX of the minimaps plus audio. That takes care of the problem. Took me a little while to get used to it, but now I dont miss any legendaries.