Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Odd crash freeze?!

I have had this re-occurring crash/freeze when launching teams.. Windows 10..never had this before on older OSs. Seems to happen after having launched a few teams. As a team is launching it will just freeze with a buzzing/audio sound..no blue screens etc.. but i cant alt-tab out or cntr/alt/delete.. i have to do a hard reboot. Also, it seems to happen only when i have had my PC on for awhile. After fresh reboots it does not seem to happen.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

How much RAM in your machine? You run an overnight stress test e.g. Prime95 Torture Test recently?

[edit] Also, do your event logs show any interesting warnings/errors?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

16G ram..have not run any tests yet.. was hoping someone else had this issue and knew of a fix before i dig deeper. Ill try that tonight. ( how do i check event logs?)

Easiest access is WIN+R (aka Start -> Run) -> eventvwr.msc

Then look under Custom Views -> Administrative Events.

I actually get this randomly too, windows 10. Although I just reboot and pretend it didn't happen ;P
    Next time it happens I will check the event logs and see if something pops up.

Oddly enough, when I was fiddling with my new graphics card and swapping cable modules around, I ended up plugging both PCI-E power adapters for my 580 Ti into the same bank on my PSU. The result of this was an immediate crash when logging into the game; launch didn't crash but as soon as I typed in the passwords and pressed enter, hard-core vegas lockup. I moved the 6-pin adapter to the other PCI-E bank and it's been stable since. Just one of those things where if you're hitting the power limits on your PSU, it can cause bat-shit crazy effects that make NO sense from a software/config/etc. perspective.

Which is a good point. Sadly I've stress tested them and they don't crash the system under full load -- it's a weird one.

So ill keep an aye on it but when it happens i get this loud buzzing sound until I reboot.. i thought maybe it had somthing to do with audio..so i checked the box in isboxer to mute background windows..and i did not have another crash all day yesterday. So i'm hoping it was that. Ill update if i make through another day of cycling my teams through the holiday dailiy ( last day for that today )

I've been having these problems on/off, it never bothered me until I started doing the whole wPvP thing srsly.

Going through all the event logs it turns out it was various Microsoft startups, that I had no idea were for what. After googling it was apparently all the 'bloatware' (I don't know which exactly as there was a lot). People behind HWinfo have a script that removes as much as it can do.

Been a few weeks and not a single crash no matter what I do, event error messages are no more.
    http://www.hwinfo.com/misc/RemoveW10Bloat.htm

Your results may vary :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kayley View Post
    I've been having these problems on/off, it never bothered me until I started doing the whole wPvP thing srsly.

Going through all the event logs it turns out it was various Microsoft startups, that I had no idea were for what. After googling it was apparently all the 'bloatware' (I don't know which exactly as there was a lot). People behind HWinfo have a script that removes as much as it can do.

Been a few weeks and not a single crash no matter what I do, event error messages are no more.
    http://www.hwinfo.com/misc/RemoveW10Bloat.htm

Your results may vary :P
    Caveat emptor: READ that script first before you run it. The "bloatware" apps that it removes en toto includes:

* OneNote

Some of the stuff in there is excellent (a fair bit I've done manually) but there are parts that apparently even the author doesn't understand the implications of removing. Just be careful.