Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Druids!

Default Druids!

With the weather turning to crap, I'm back to my indoor winter habit of multi-boxing. This time, I started fresh (except for heirlooms) on a new realm. Druids it is!

Right now I'm level 52 or so and everyone is in Guardian spec - it's absurd how quickly things die to 5x Lacerate followed up by 5x Mangle, or just spamming thrash if it's a multi-mob fight. Also very nice to be able to use stealth.

I wonder if this is going to be a reasonable approach longer term - I mean, druids are very versatile which is why I want to play with them, and I can always change spec for fights where all Guardian won't work, but I wonder if at some point I'm going to hit a wall where I'll need to go back to the holy trinity style of play or, at least, having an actual healer.

Anyone run this comp and have experience with level 100 dungeons enough to say?

You will have no problem getting to 100 with 5 Guardians. And normals aren't a problem there after.

personally I haven't tried any heroics any other way than tank healer 3 boomies I suspect at full 630+ shit will melt just as well as it did in the stockades 😂.

Jim.

My experience is that any setup can easily make it to 100. 5x tanks works OK at-level until you hit the MoP instances and later that have all the gratuitous AoE everywhere; at that point, not having any group heals makes things painful. Some instances are pretty easy depending on the group where some are just miserable.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

well i found hc hard in 700+ ilvl and as healer/tank/boomy the boomly to get a real dps out of them for boss fights is just to low to burst and kill + moving on a boss your not really doing much dmg in the end i normaly wipe due to much aoe on the floor and nowhere to go. with 3 hunters though at 670 ilvl hc's seems really easy.

nromaly i just play them all as cats for wpvp.

I wonder if this is going to be a reasonable approach longer term - I mean, druids are very versatile which is why I want to play with them, and I can always change spec for fights where all Guardian won't work, but I wonder if at some point I'm going to hit a wall where I'll need to go back to the holy trinity style of play or, at least, having an actual healer.
    All druids sound so fun, I might start up another team again. I used to love running around as all trees, thought it looked cool. I also liked to do this thing when I 10 boxed where 5 toons switched to cat and 5 switched to trees and the cats looked like pets of the trees. My druid team was years ago though, think up to level 90.

The closer you get to 100 the less likely you'll stay all tank, stuff starts taking too long to kill. But I don't think you will ever have to change, you can 5 tank or 5 dps or even 5 heal dungeons at end game.

I'm a fan of hunters this expansion.

The druids are super fun - I haven't really spent any time macroing them up other than some stuff I posted in a different thread, but now that I've hit 60 I'm going to spend some time playing ISBoxer and getting them well tuned.

I'm definitely interested in hunters, but I want to wait until I can make them as gnomes - gotta get my mechs! What spec are you running for your hunters?

I'm playing x3 Balance Druids and I'm totally in love! Got to 100 with no new gear from Draenor as I powerlevelled.. got x3 tank companions and went nuts in Tanaan Starfall and Moonfire/Sunfire spam is amazing!

I know Starfall is going to be a targeted aoe in the next expac, but it's also got a talent to increase it's damage and range in Legion & that pesky Eclipse bar will be gone - happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    that pesky Eclipse bar will be gone - happy days!
    Yea! its why i boosted my 5 boomies! Also they will be gathering wonders! 5x mining and herbs! ( nodes can be looted by multiple people )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I'm playing x3 Balance Druids and I'm totally in love! Got to 100 with no new gear from Draenor as I powerlevelled.. got x3 tank companions and went nuts in Tanaan Starfall and Moonfire/Sunfire spam is amazing!

I know Starfall is going to be a targeted aoe in the next expac, but it's also got a talent to increase it's damage and range in Legion & that pesky Eclipse bar will be gone - happy days!
    Loving the boomkin/moonkin spec so far started playing it last few days.

The xpac looks really really good for them as well and can not wait to play it as a offspec or main spec or even as a cat and pop into the forum for that little player that runs away!. goes down to how well cats play.

I love the new exata dot that take both sun/moon fun for a big DOT!

Just got my 5 druids to level 85 super fun thus far.