Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Elvui and Jamba

Question Elvui and Jamba

Greeting,

I am new to using any addon for my two accounts and always have gone back and forth between windows. I have ElvUI that I really love, but I don't know if that is the issue or something else is going on. Nothing changed when I removed elvUI in the addon section.

I followed a video for set up, I read the intro to it but my main Master toon has this Box with 10 boxes in the middle of the screen and I have no idea what it is. It holds spells, and that is all I know about it. I can not move it.

Second issue, the toon is not auto following so I don't know if I need to use my /follow macro for it. Which then leads to the fact it is not attacking the same target as the master. Even if I use the spell in the middle of the screen box. Nothing is happening. Or do I need to use a macro for the attack same target. Any advice would be great... or do I need a different addon or additional macros.

Name:  WoWScrnShot_122815_162242.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  551.1 KB

Sincerely Confused Sommer

1. The gang can correct me but I think that's Jamba's button bar. You can put quest items in that bar and when you click it, it will use it on the rest of your team at the same time. I don't think it works with spells/abilities but I don't use it at all so I might be completely mistaken.

2. Yes, anytime you want your toon to follow, either use a /follow macro (mine is tied to the same button as my "Move Forward" button so alts always follow me when I run) or turn on Jamba's autofollow strobe.

3. You'll need to /assist your main to attack the same target. What are you using for your multiboxing? HotKeyNet? ISBoxer? Something else? You'll want to configure your attack keys (or use a clickbar if you're a clicker) so that when you press an attack key or click an attack button, your alt first /assist <main> and then casts the spells/macros.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
    Second issue, the toon is not auto following so I don't know if I need to use my /follow macro for it. Which then leads to the fact it is not attacking the same target as the master. Even if I use the spell in the middle of the screen box. Nothing is happening. Or do I need to use a macro for the attack same target. Any advice would be great... or do I need a different addon or additional macros.
    Just to clarify... You are using either software or hardware to broadcast keystrokes to and from each game client, correct? You cannot multibox with just JAMBA alone.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

So Jamba is for quests only - Ok That makes sense. So HotKeyNet is a multiboxing addon software?

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
    So Jamba is for quests only - Ok That makes sense. So HotKeyNet is a multiboxing addon software?

Hotkeynet and I sboxer are multi boxing software that allow you to broadcast keystrokes and mouse from one wow screen to another. I don't want to recommend one over another but I use Isboxer...and I'm a noob - so it's pretty easy to use.

Jamba handles things like group quest tracking, auto quest acceptance and completion, quest reward selection, looting, following/follow strobing, flight path selection, item use, trading, chat forwarding, resurrect accepting, group accepting, duel declining, group proc tracking, and probably a lot more but that's all I use it for.

sorry for crap formatting/grammar/autocorrect. Posting from my phone.
    Last edited by Xixillia : 12-29-2015 at 12:57 AM
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    Hotkeynet and I sboxer are multi boxing software that allow you to broadcast keystrokes and mouse from one wow screen to another. I don't want to recommend one over another but I use Isboxer...and I'm a noob - so it's pretty easy to use.

Jamba handles things like group quest tracking, auto quest acceptance and completion, quest reward selection, looting, following/follow strobing, flight path selection, item use, trading, chat forwarding, resurrect accepting, group accepting, duel declining, group proc tracking, and probably a lot more but that's all I use it for.

sorry for crap formatting/grammar/autocorrect. Posting from my phone.
    Yep. Put more simply, Jamba is for multiboxing quality-of-life improvements, whereas multiboxing software like ISBoxer/HKN/etc. is for the actual movement/fighting/clicking/etc. mechanics of multiboxing. There are some crossover points between the two but it generally holds.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)