Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Is There Anything Worthwhile You Can Do With a Group of 3?

I've been running a few 3-man groups lately, and while I'm still in the process of leveling them, I'm starting to feel the desire to try running a 5 man group. I've been receiving a surprising amount of abuse in random dungeons, even when my characters are far away the highest dps in the group. People just seem to hate a multi-boxer, no matter how well they're doing. And I have to think this would only be worse at level cap if I was trying to do random dungeons.

So is there anything worthwhile to do with a group of 3 at level cap? Or does most of the challenge really come from trying to do heroic dungeons and whatnot when you're multi-boxing? Unlike MOP, there really aren't any areas you can grind for gold or any big reps like Emperor. Or am I just missing some obvious activities people do with teams? I really enjoy multi-boxing, but I'm just trying to figure out what to do when they're level capped.

Do you enjoy PvP Arena? You can do that with 3. I enjoy PvE dungeons, for that I need 5. If you enjoy questing, 2 is usually good.

I think you've been bitten by the 5-box bug and you should just go for it. Just wait until the 10-box bug bites you.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalbrock View Post
    I've been receiving a surprising amount of abuse in random dungeons, even when my characters are far away the highest dps in the group.
    Just dump Recount to chat and if they're still at it, drop and re-queue. <aintnobodygottimeforthat.jpg> That said, having your own 5-man queueable[sic] group is quite the convenience.

So is there anything worthwhile to do with a group of 3 at level cap? Or does most of the challenge really come from trying to do heroic dungeons and whatnot when you're multi-boxing? Unlike MOP, there really aren't any areas you can grind for gold or any big reps like Emperor. Or am I just missing some obvious activities people do with teams? I really enjoy multi-boxing, but I'm just trying to figure out what to do when they're level capped.
    Eh, I've been working on garrison stuff (re-training a bunch of noobs with the Treasure Gathering skill and eventually getting barns on everyone), farming Apex Crystals for the 695 gear, achievements in old raids (I am STILL too derpy to down Will of the Emperor), faction mounts/etc. Pretty standard stuff. Kinda depends on whether you're the explorer, achiever, or bleeding-edge type.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Would depend entirely on your definition of worthwhile. 3 toons is good for PVP (both arenas and BGs), you can run most of the PVE content and I would assume even some of the harder raid difficulties are viable to 3-box with a competent raid group. Finding one to take all of your toons along is most likely an issue though.

You're not very limited in what you can and can not do really. Some things will be much harder than others naturally, but it's pretty much all out there for you.

My first 1-80 multiboxing experience was with 3 shaman. I did a lot of questing and a lot of dungeons. Like Ughmahedhurtz said: <aintnobodygottimeforthat.jpg> just kick them or drop and reque.

I found collection quests *much* more tolerable 3x instead of 5x (and this was back in BC/WotLK before shared quest drops) and I honestly enjoyed every minute of it.

Leveling my new Paladin & 4x Shaman team has been much more about doing dungeons, which is ultimately what I was doing at 80 with my 3 shaman and existing other 80s at the time.

Figure out what you like doing and do that. Ultimately that's what's going to hold your interest and keep you playing.

I'm starting to feel the desire to try running a 5 man group. I've been receiving a surprising amount of abuse in random dungeons, even when my characters are far away the highest dps in the group. People just seem to hate a multi-boxer, no matter how well they're doing.
    I've been getting called a bot or AFK running two toons. Keep getting my second toon kicked. Its a pain. I guess with 3 you have the advantage of not being vote kickable. Am I right?

I think it might be fun to try running 5-mans with only 3 for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by SauliusPlays View Post
    running 5-mans with only 3 for the challenge.
    Full heirlooms while leveling trivializes even that, especially with non-squishy classes. And past a certain gear point, that's also true for current-level 5-man content.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by SauliusPlays View Post
    I think it might be fun to try running 5-mans with only 3 for the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Full heirlooms while leveling trivializes even that, especially with non-squishy classes. And past a certain gear point, that's also true for current-level 5-man content.
    Definitely.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology