Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Blues on Boxing conflict?

Hi guys, I've been multiboxing with HotKeyNet for a bit now. I've kept the broadcasting simple. What I mean is 1 key press = 1 action on one or more WoW clients. I've reached a point where I'd like to try and make rotations easier. I know ISBoxer can easily do this via "Do Mapped Key Actions". I have an idea of how to do this on HotKeyNet, but I'm afraid I'd be violating the ToS.

My concern comes from reading the Blues on Boxing thread. Please read the following quotations:

Quote Originally Posted by Malkatorix, Blizzard Poster
    The moment that [a] single keypress initiates a string of actions not normally possible via our base macro system for an individual character, then that is a different matter. It is also a separate offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkatorix, Blizzard Poster
    So, to expand your definition: ‘safe’ multi-boxing commands are one button press = one action per character.”
    After looking at how rotations are made in ISBoxer, I'm confused by what "safe" multiboxing is. In MiRai's Building a Rotation guide, he sets up his paladin to spam 2, 3, and Shift + 3 via one button. This sounds like multiple actions from one button and also something not normally possible via WoW's ingame macros (excluding trinkets, racials, and spells/items off GCD).

Since it conflicts with some old Blue posts, I'm hesitant to try the same thing on HotKeyNet. ISBoxer is clearly all fine and dandy with Blizzard, which is great, but I don't understand why. While multiple actions are being spammed from one key press, each char will only perform one of them at a time. Since the GCD limits you by default to one action, does that somehow (in Blizzard's eyes) make it okay for software to send multiple keys?

Thanks for reading. I hope it wasn't confusing x.x

I understand why it does indeed sound like you're performing multiple actions from a single button. But as you've rightly concluded yourself, only a single action will be performed, simply because the first available ability will get triggered and the game won't handle anything more until the next time it's ready to receive input after that global cooldown - which you'll have to press another button for, because all other input is discarded, the same way it would if you'd press multiple keys simultaneously on a keyboard with your fingers.

So the end result is that by pressing one button, you are still only executing one action per character, and you'd have to press yet another button to have your character do anything else, so there is no automation involved.

One key press meens you can not press 2 and then use a timer to keep pressing 2 over and over. even with more then one keys getting sent to the game at the same time as soon as you do press that button nothing happens.

If you watch the complete video, you are shown that you can do exactly what happens with the keypresses, by way of using a castsequence macro (at about 6m50s), so the end result is effectively the same by using the in game macro system.

Also, anyone can mash multiple keys on their keyboard, so it's not like you need special software for that. It's just that instead of mashing 3 keys, you just hit one. People can also setup their gamer keyboards to do that too, so again, not something which is excluded from the masses and proving an unfair advantage (there are probably still people that would whinge about how they can't afford that either so its unfair, but then they might as well complain that they don't get the fancy graphical effects on their Hercules CGA card too).

Great, that alleviates my concerns. Thanks for responding. ^_^

Hi, just being paranoid again... what about IWT? Since IWT isn't limited to a GCD, would it be against ToS to have IWT + DPS macro spammed from 1 button press?
    Last edited by Curryman : 12-28-2015 at 02:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Curryman View Post
    Hi, just being paranoid again... what about IWT? Since IWT isn't limited to a GCD, would it be against ToS to have IWT + DPS macro spammed from 1 button press?
    nope.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    nope.
    Agreed. If that were the case, you'd have to ban people for repeatedly pressing movement keys, too. I can't even...
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    nope.
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Agreed. If that were the case, you'd have to ban people for repeatedly pressing movement keys, too. I can't even...
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    It's a built-in function that the wow client explicitly provides. Much like the macro/addon functionality they've decided is Bad(tm) -- they just hotfix disable it in the client. I don't recall them ever banning anyone for that stuff.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)