Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Where to start?

Default Where to start?

Hello everyone! Looking to recruit myself and level up some alts using RAF. Just plan on dual boxing but don't know where to begin, but looking to level up some alts during my 2 month period.

1. Is there a free program that works good enough for just leveling up?

2. Is there a certain class that is the easiest to box to start with?

3. Any certain info I need before just trying to hop right into this?

Thanks for any and all help.

Welcome to the jungle...

Quote Originally Posted by gamegenie View Post
    1. Is there a free program that works good enough for just leveling up?
    Probably HotKeyNet, but you will need to learn how to script it. Normally we point new people to this thread which covers a handful of things.

2. Is there a certain class that is the easiest to box to start with?
    Ranged classes are generally the easiest to learn with since they don't really require any positioning.

3. Any certain info I need before just trying to hop right into this?
    It might depend on the software you end up picking, but I guess a bit of general advice is that you should probably expect multiboxing to be awkward and frustrating while learning how everything works--less so with only two characters, however.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

You might like to watch MiRai's wonderful introduction videos to multiboxing on YouTube here. While it goes beyond a team of just two characters, it does introduce the basic concepts to help get your bearings.

Also, if you're concerned it might take you a while to figure things and get things up and running, you can set up some Starter Edition accounts to play and experiment for free without having the figurative clock ticking.

I don't mean to sound like my grandfather who had to walk 25 miles to school everyday through 10 feet of snow, but I started out 2-boxing with a rogue and a holy priest pocket healer on follow alt-tabbing when I needed heals.

Seriously though you'll have fun, its really really fun, just don't try to over-extend. Either 2-box mixed classes or 5-box all the same ranged class. Starting out with a mixed team or a melee team will be very frustrating. You need to ease into that.

I use IsBoxer and if the sub cost is not a problem I suggest just starting with that. The quick start wizard will have your first boxing team up and running in like 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    don't try to over-extend. Either 2-box mixed classes or 5-box all the same ranged class. Starting out with a mixed team or a melee team will be very frustrating. You need to ease into that.
    Excellent advice, this. You'll want to reduce your variables at first so when something breaks, you aren't trying to herd three different cats.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I started with HotkeyNet 2 boxing across 2 pcs, then I went to 3 chars and 3 pcs, moving to isboxer was like starting from scratch again, but isboxer I run 5 accounts on 1 pc, and as a result I sold one of my gaming systems.

I would also recommend getting Isboxer as JohnGabriel suggests.