Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Smile Coming back soon after some years break, got some questions.

Heyhey all. 40 y old bloke here.

I used to multibox 1 paladin (tank) and 9 shamans (2 of them as resto) back in the days.
    One of the main reasons i quit was that they changed "crusader aura" on the paladin, so it became a passive i couldnt turn off. The shamans quickly lost /follow and i didnt want to change the leading toon.

Fast forward to today:

I did a quick look on wowhead and it seems paladins, monk and deathknights have a passive "speed aura".
    This is a bummer. Are there any other classes that have a speed aura?

I really want to 10box again to run raids etc on my own.

1: Which toon would you suggest to lead with, so i dont loose /follow?
    (i was thinking guardian druid, and change it to balance specc or even healer specc when doing easier content).
    This would be a range only team, with various classes).

2. If i were to lead with my main, the paladin (as either tank or healer or ret specc), it seems i'm limited to a "melee" only team, to avoid loosing /follow ? 4 paladins and 1 dk (for battle res? lol) for a 5man group?.
    Anyone else here that primarly plays a melee team? How is it?

3. I read that its only possible to merge max 8 accounts into one battlenet account. So... two toons wont have all the mounts and draenor flying.. this might convince me to cut to from 10 to 8 accounts all in all.

Got my new pc parts incoming shortly.

Cyas
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 12-07-2015 at 03:38 PM

While I understand the annoyance of Crusader Aura not keeping your team synced in flight speed, I don't think it's a huge problem. I run a mixed ranged team with a Prot Pally lead and while the rest of the toons are indeed slower, you only need to do a quick stop every 26 seconds (I timed it) to avoid dropping follow. And this is while flying in a straight line. If you were to zigzag a bit, they would keep up ever longer. Alternatively, you could also just lead from another, slower toon while flying long distances.

Hunters have a major glyph that makes their Aspect of the Cheetah and Aspect of the Party increase their own mount speed by 10% as well, so they do keep up with pallies a bit better

If you want to do current content, other than in Looking For Raid, I would not recommend a melee team. Ranged generally seem to work better for PVE purposes due to the freedom of movement and positioning. Melee is in turn fantastic for PVP in my opinnion, as they don't get "shut down" quite as easy when people get on them. This is especially true with the super tanky DKs with CC breakers for days.

I suppose my recommendation would be not to compromise on your class choises, as atleast for me a lot of the enjoyment I get from the game is highly dependant on liking my team and toons (especially the usual lead). For example there was just something bugging me about my mixed team for ages. At that time I was leading from a monk tank. Tried switching it to healing and leading from a prot pally and instantly started enjoying the team a lot more, even if there was no real noticeable difference in overall performance.

Hi there and thanks a lot for your feedback.

Its definitely a hard choice for me which toons i will be playing.

How fast does your slaves break follow when you are just running around (not mounted?).

I took a look on all the toons i got on my account at the moment, this is without any talents/glyphs/enchants:

Me as healer with ranged team:

Holy Paladin On foot: run 130 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    .................on mount: run 220 flight 430 swim 67 with 0% speed

Beast M hunter On foot: run 140 flight 110 swim 74 with 0% speed
    .....................On mount: run 220 flight 430 swim 74 with 0% speed

Ele shaman On foot: run 130 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    ................on mount: run 210 flight 420 swim 67 with 0% speed

Aff warlock On foot: run 100 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed (surprisingly low run speed)
    ...............On mount: run 210 flight 390 swim 67 with 0% speed

shadow priest On foot: run 130 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    ...................On mount: run 210 flight 390 swim 67 with 0% speed

Balance druid On foot: run 145 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    ...................On mount: run 210 flight 390 swim 67 with 0% speed

Arcane mage On foot: run 130 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    ..................On mount: run 210 flight 390 swim 67 with 0% speed
    ¨

Seems running with a warlock as main will make the slaves not loose follow.

But if i want to play with my paladin i probably should ditch the warlock and get a different ranged in.
    (and enchant only all the slaves cloaks with +10 speed).

Lmao i just realized something.. what if i made a new paladin and not bought "high flying speed ability on it", but bought it on the slaves only.. food for thought.

Potensial melee team:

Ret Paladin On foot: run 140 flight 110 swim 74 with 0% speed
    ...............On mount: run 220 flight 430 swim 74 with 0% speed

Assassi rogue On foot: run 145 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    ...................on mount: run 210 flight 420 swim 67 with 0% speed

Frost DK: On foot: run 140 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    ............On mount: run 220 flight 400 swim 67 with 0% speed

Arms warrior On foot: run 130 flight 110 swim 67 with 0% speed
    .................On mount: run 210 flight 390 swim 67 with 0% speed

Windwalker monk On foot: run 140 flight 110 swim 74 with 0% speed
    ..........................On mount: run 210 flight 390 swim 74 with 0% speed

oh i totally forgot a question:
    Is it possible to quest now while in a raid, or do we still have to go in two parties of max 5 toons in each?
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 12-08-2015 at 01:52 PM

Just don't enchant your leads cloak and you should be fine.

Hi, i forgot the cloak, my paladin did indeed have the "+100 mastery and +10% speed" enchant. I updated the previous post. Removing the cloak only affected the running and swim speed (well, it affected swimming while mounted). Thanks!
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 12-08-2015 at 01:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by WOWBOX40 View Post
    How fast does your slaves break follow when you are just running around (not mounted?).
    In zones where phasing exists, they break follow every time I cross a boundary, regardless of speed. As for the rest, I lead with a slower character or just pause my lead every so often. Flight is the only one I notice is a marked speed difference when your main has max riding and your alts have two tiers back. Honestly, taking into consideration the phase boundaries and pausing your faster lead every so often, my experience leads me to believe followers breaking follow is usually more a function of your internet latency than anything else.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I lead from my Paladin(s) all the time and just make sure I zigzag every so often. It's rarely ever an issue unless I want to fly in a straight line for a long distance, but then I'll either just lead with another character or take a....... wait for it......... flight path! ::gasp::
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    flight path! ::gasp::
    That's ghetto, even for you!

Germane as of last expansion:
    Name:  rollin.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  42.8 KB
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 12-09-2015 at 12:04 AM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)