Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default What's the Easiest Melee Class to Macro?

I started dual boxing due to boredom in WOD, and I instantly loved it. I'm moving up to three boxing now, and I want to try some melee classes, but I've been having a heck of a time macroing their attacks. It seems that ranged generally have pretty specific rotations, but melee tends to be a lot harder to set up a rotation. I've tried rogues and shammies, and I wanted to pull my hair out by level 30.

So I thought I'd put the question to the great multiboxing minds on the forum - what are the easiest melee classes to multibox/macro? All of the answers I found through searching were ancient, so I wanted to see what the current consensus is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalbrock View Post
    I started dual boxing due to boredom in WOD, and I instantly loved it. I'm moving up to three boxing now, and I want to try some melee classes, but I've been having a heck of a time macroing their attacks. It seems that ranged generally have pretty specific rotations, but melee tends to be a lot harder to set up a rotation. I've tried rogues and shammies, and I wanted to pull my hair out by level 30.

So I thought I'd put the question to the great multiboxing minds on the forum - what are the easiest melee classes to multibox/macro? All of the answers I found through searching were ancient, so I wanted to see what the current consensus is here.
    The classes that dont have conditionals in their rotation i.e. combo points or procs. Easiest classes are the ones that have the "hit the button that lights up" rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    The classes that dont have conditionals in their rotation i.e. combo points or procs. Easiest classes are the ones that have the "hit the button that lights up" rotation.
    He means DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    He means DKs.
    Or hunters, largely.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Ehn sham are not to hard paladins as well are very easy to box.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Ehn sham are not to hard paladins as well are very easy to box.
    Ret too?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Ret too?
    Nowadays, yes. Unlike before, you can not use Templar's Verdict/Divine Storm (or Shield of The Righteous when running as Prot) with anything other than 3 holy power and there is no more inquisition to keep up. So, in essence the rotation is down to a hit-what-is-available priority que. The only thing that breaks the pattern is the Divine Crusader (free Divine Storm) proc. But I found it easy enough to try and time using the proc after you hit a holy power spender.

Frost DK is fairly similar, but with far less spells. After having applied dots, the rotation consists of spamming obliterate and frost strike and a proc of a free Howling Blast. I suppose you will not get the maximum out of killing machine procs and whatnot, but I would not expect to have 100% efficiency from any multiboxed toon.

Not played enhancement in ages so not quite sure how that would work nowadays. Can't imagine it being too bad though.

Rogues and Ferals, while much much more doable than before, could still be problematic so they might not be the ones to start with. While warrior has a simple resource builder/spender mechanic, optimizing it might be problematic as the correct playstyle calls for gathering resources for burst of damage rather than spending it as it comes (from what I last read anyways).

Thanks for all the replies. I had never even thought of using rets since they have a fair number of procs. But it does seem much of their rotation is proc free when I think about it.

I might also give dks a try, though I have very little experience with that class. Maybe I'll eventually work up to other classes when I get the hang of it.

I have an awesome macro for bear tank.. 1 button for single 1 for aoe and it's pretty good (if you needed a tank that is)

Single:

Code:
    /startattack
    /cast Wild Charge
    /castsequence reset=7 Lacerate,Thrash, Lacerate, Thrash, Lacerate, Thrash
    /cast !Mangle
    /cast Maul
    /cast !Savage Defense
    /use Berserk
    /use Barkskin
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    AOE:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Maul, Thrash, Thrash, Maul, Lacerate, Thrash, Thrash, Maul, Thrash, Thrash, Lacerate, Thrash, Thrash
    /castsequence reset=15 !Barkskin, !Berserk
    /cast Savage Defense
    /cast Faerie Fire

or though if you want max dps then use gnome Marcos isboxer avd or m6 addon that skips spells that are on cooldown. So procs would get used more.

I play kitty cats and love them the combo is not to hard to mange with jamba. and i can go boomy if i need to. Or though pallys are a fun class to play. just i find melee can be a pain in some parts of pve.