Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Help Test New Site Host

Hello all, would like to request a hand testing out our web host configuration. We're going to move the site to another host where it will be easier for me to push updates without taking down Lax's awesome empire.

To test the new host Add these 2 lines to your computer's hosts file:

Code:
    96.126.118.22 dual-boxing.com
    96.126.118.22 www.dual-boxing.com
    You will need to open your hosts file as a text file, likely from a elevated privileged application (Run as admin / sudo).

Not sure where your hosts file is?

Windows:
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Mac / Linux:
    /etc/hosts
    Once you have made this change and saved the file, you should be able to open a command line console and run:

Code:
    ping dual-boxing.com
    You should see the IP that is returned is "96.126.118.22"

When you're done testing and want to revert changes to your hosts file, simple remove the two lines you added before:

Code:
    96.126.118.22 dual-boxing.com
    96.126.118.22 www.dual-boxing.com
    Testing

Now simply browse the site as you normally would. You may notice it is a bit slower, this is because it's still using the live database. The lag you see won't be there once we migrate the database over as well.

The only known issue is the front page Mumble block isn't working. This is because we haven't migrated the mumble server over as well.

If you see any other strange things please post here and let me know what you're seeing, and the theme you're using. (Screenshots also help!)

Thanks!

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...977#post400977
    yields
    Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...976#post400976
    yields
    Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode_alt.php on line 522

Similar errors, display formatting issues and basic inability to edit posts in Win10+Firefox 42.

Seems like the problem above is mainly with the advanced editor.

Reply to post -> "Go Advanced" =

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 402

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Test edit 2 in TF Ideal instead of dark gray.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 11-30-2015 at 10:27 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Seems like the problem above is mainly with the advanced editor.

Reply to post -> "Go Advanced" =

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 402

None of these warnings should prevent you from editing. Can you swap themes and see if it's just that theme? Thanks!

Yeah, the theme doesn't seem to matter. Advanced editor cannot quote the post text you're trying to edit. It'll save your new text but the old stuff is gone.

Reply with quote won't quote anything either.

Well, I can manually quote things with tags but editor won't auto-quote.
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 11-30-2015 at 10:27 PM

All of the warnings should no longer be showing up. Please let me know if you run across any.

Well, I can manually quote things with tags but editor won't auto-quote.
    I clicked on reply with quote, clicked on go advanced, and it copied the quote over as expected. Using Chrome on Windows 7 using the TF Ideal theme.
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 11-30-2015 at 10:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    I clicked on reply with quote, clicked on go advanced, and it copied the quote over as expected. Using Chrome on Windows 7 using the TF Ideal theme.
    Reply with quote now seems to be working.

[edit] Looks like the editing in-situ is working again, too.

[edit2] Advanced editor seems to be OK as well.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 11-30-2015 at 09:50 PM

Reply with quote now seems to be working.

[edit] Looks like the editing in-situ is working again, too.

[edit2] Advanced editor seems to be OK as well.

Interesting, I was wrong about the warnings, the output of the warnings themselves was causing issues.

I did as you asked, no problems at all for me