Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Blog Entries

Default Starting Up Again

It's been a long time coming, I've spent months preparing and now that my hardware situation seems to be in order it's time to really start thinking about my team(s). Before I get into team comp, a few things. First, I haven't boxed since Wrath. Originally I was boxing a Paladin and 4 Shamans during BC. Then I swapped the Pali for my DK, who became my guild's main tank (hence why I quit boxing, though I did box Ulduar with 2 tanks and a Shaman a few times when we were short handed).

Additionally, I've decided to start completely from scratch and get out of my comfort zone. SO, I'm rolling Alliance on a new server with no gold, or anything really. I've been looking at servers and narrowed things down to these: Alexstrasza, Hellscream, Rexxar, Staghelm, or Thunderhorn. Atm, Staghelm is looking like the major contender.

Now, for the team...

I'm seriously considering moving up to 10 boxing at a later date. For now, though I'm thinking

Warrior
    Hunter (MM)
    Shaman (ELE)
    Warlock (AFF or DESTRO)
    Priest (Disc)

Alternatively, I'm thinking of Mage instead of Lock as a possibility. That having a taxi built in and food/water on tap is always nice. But I also really like having stones of both flavors available. So, any and all feedback is welcome.
    My Blog: SRS Business

You shouldn't have trouble with that team. I am running Pali, Disc priest, Frost mage, Dest Warlock, Ele shaman.

Destro warlock has great dps as does the hunter, ele shaman not so much, like really bad compared to hunter and warlock. I have no issues healing at all with the Disc priest.

I wouldn't worry too much about gold. If you have any old characters someplace with gold on another server, you can just buy an expensive pet from AH then cage it and sell it on your new character.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be too bad. Just not as easy mode as running Pali tank for sure. But I like the mobility of the Warrior. Hunter is definitely sticking around, same for Priest. I like Ele Shaman for the heals in a pinch, and extra wipe recovery more than anything else. A little extra damage is a bonus (I miss the days of the totem spam). I think I'm probably going to make up several sets of alts while I've got RAF going, and experiment with some different combinations before I use my 90 and 100 boosts.

I'm a big fan of Warrior mobility, as well. I haven't had the chance to multibox one at top level, but I imagine it's entirely do-able.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I dont see any real issues with your comp. All classes/spec listed are perfectly viable. While something like stacking hunters could generally be better performance wise, I also prefer variety and flexibility in these types of teams. IE: some annoying aoe gives you trouble, swap shammy to resto and power through it.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, I created my team yesterday and started settings things up. Still a lot of config to iron out, but the new rig is running everything beautifully so far. I settled on Staghelm, Alliance side as my server. Running Warrior (Prot/Arms), Hunter (MM/BM), Warlock (Destro/Demo), Shaman (Ele/Resto), Priest (Disc/Holy). I made level 10 in short order, but I'm still waiting on my upgrade from Trial Account to Standard on 3 of my RAFd accounts. Hopefully that will come off today, otherwise I'll just get to 20, then start my second set of characters.

Blog Entries

Well, so far I've spent most of my day tinkering with settings. And now I'm back to square 1. So, I haven't done any levelling at all...

Trying to set things up so that I can use more than just the 1 - = keys. Setting up ` as my Interact with Target and having it on at all times, rather than toggle broadcast. I'm trying to set it up in fact so that I can include a variety of keys as clickable at all times so I don't have to completely redo my UI. But now it's looking like I'm going to end up doing both before I get back to work.

You'll be back to square 1 a few more dozen times. I doubt that even the long timers are done tinkering with settings.

Don't fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    You'll be back to square 1 a few more dozen times. I doubt that even the long timers are done tinkering with settings.

Don't fight it.
    Amen to that. It's a sickness^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hlife-long hobby.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

I decided to make 2 profiles, one basic and one pro. The basic is for levelling, the pro for later farming instances and such. I'm definitely going to be redoing my UI now. But, fortunately my machine is running everything beautifully so I'm not running into issues there.

Also, day 1 starting fresh = 1k gold.
    Day 2 = 3k.

So, it looks like my realm scouting paid off.