Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default ATG swapping - Was this ever fixed?

A very long time ago some of us on IRC asked if the Action Target Groups commands were working in keysets. I think the answer then was that they were broken.

Does anyone know if this functionality works now? I'm specifically referring to the 'Target Group Action' you can put on a keymap to have a target group join or leave another group.

I don't remember the exact conversation but the basic summary of my need is:

I am 5 boxing: RSHM + 2xWAR + 2xHNT

I want for one of the WAR to go Fury, one of the WAR to go Prot, both of the HNT to go MM when I am doing PvE content ( dungeons ).
    I want for both the WAR to go Arms, both the HNT to go BM when I am doing PvP or world content as I am on a PvP server.

I figured I would be able to make a toggle menu button that would automatically reload the interfaces after being clicked.

Thanks.

This is an odd place to ask (only in that IRC or ISBoxer.com would seem more appropriate), but yes, that action functions correctly and has done for the last few years in the current and past releases. Of course you mention keysets and keymaps, which is the wrong terminology (you are really talking about actions in a mapped key), but you did say it was a "very long time ago".
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 11-26-2015 at 07:11 PM

Thanks. I asked here because the IRC format was either too short to get my question across or nobody was on when I asked it.

So to be clear, when you run it as an action and then reload the GUI they should be in the correct ATGs?

There is no need to reload any gui. When the action runs, the characters change ATG.

You can verify this by checking via the console which windows are in which ATG. From the ISBoxer WIKI - http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Target

Testing Advanced TargetsAs of Inner Space build 6066, it is possible to try out Advanced Targets and see exactly what window(s) will be a part of the Target.

1. Right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Console
    2. In the console, enter in: RelayTargets "<Advanced Target here>", for example RelayTargets "@all" or RelayTargets "healers&paladins" or RelayTargets "@isboxer&~dxnothing"

In your case it would just be entering RelayTargets "ATGNAME" and it will list the InnerSpace sessions as a list.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    There is no need to reload any gui. When the action runs, the characters change ATG.

You can verify this by checking via the console which windows are in which ATG. From the ISBoxer WIKI - http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Target

Testing Advanced TargetsAs of Inner Space build 6066, it is possible to try out Advanced Targets and see exactly what window(s) will be a part of the Target.

1. Right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Console
    2. In the console, enter in: RelayTargets "<Advanced Target here>", for example RelayTargets "@all" or RelayTargets "healers&paladins" or RelayTargets "@isboxer&~dxnothing"

In your case it would just be entering RelayTargets "ATGNAME" and it will list the InnerSpace sessions as a list.

Ok so I think I understand where the confusion is ( again! )..

The reason I put a reload GUI in there is because I was under the impression that at some point IS would resend the macros to the WoW client. Because the important macros are named macros utilizing the ATGs to determine who gets what, a reload would be necessary after the switch.

Is there a command to tell isboxer / innerspace to resend the macros to the clients from within the client?

There is no confusion here.
    ATGs are in ISBoxer.
    Macros are in the ISBoxer Addon.

When you change a character from one ATG to another, that change is immediate. If ISBoxer executes an action targeted at an ATG that action will execute on the characters (InnerSpace sessions) currently assigned to the ATG. If that action happens to execute an ISBoxer Game Helper WoW Macro which is not assigned to that Character, then it wont be in that characters ISBoxer Addon, so it wont do anything. This means that if you will be changing Macro Sets on the fly, then the character will need to have all of them up front.

The only point that WoW Macros are sent to the game (well, generated in the ISBoxer Addon) is when you Export To InnerSpace in ISBoxer. At this time it creates the ISBoxer Addon for each Character, and this will include all of the appropriate macros for the given configuration.

It is also worth noting that if you happen to have a configuration which is using the legacy Wow Macro Actions, rather than a Named WoW Macro Action, then these behave differently again. A WoW Macro Action is effectively hard coded to the specified Target at the time of Export. If your Target is an ATG, then any new members of the ATG will not receive that action, because they need to be a member of the Target Group at the time of Export. This is why Named WoW Macro Actions and the Game Helper macro libraries were created; to resolve this very issue.
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 11-26-2015 at 09:00 PM

So if I understand you correctly we need to send a wide array of both spec macros to the client at the time of the export? Why? This seems wasteful and inefficient. This means a warrior that has to do both Arms and Prot needs macros for both at the time of the export instead of just one.

Would it not be better to have the option of triggering an export via the isboxer menu in game?

I guess the better option then is to put the macros in WoW itself and have isboxer only press keys? I don't particularly like this approach as moving characters around, renaming them etc causes a lot of headaches with the stored macros on that side.

ISBoxer can only work with the interfaces that are provided by WoW. Yes, it would be really nice if you could just push a whole macro at an interface and the game just execute that on the fly, but that doesn't exist.

If you will be changing spec mid session then yes, the character will need to have all the potential macros up front because of when the ISBoxer Addon is generated. There is no dynamic creation of the ISBoxer Addon because WoW itself does not dynamically load addons (you can trigger it, but it is slow), and the in game ISBoxer GUI is a representation of the ISBoxer scripts, and it does not read or manage your ISBoxer Toolkit profile. The ISBoxer Toolkit is a separate, but related piece of the ISBoxer system, and is not the same thing as the in game GUI.

The ATG issue you described sounds more like you are using WoW Macro Actions in ISBoxer, rather than setting up your macros in the Game Helper -> World of Warcraft macro libraries, and using Named Wow Macro Actions to trigger them.
    The difference between them is basically where in ISBoxer they are configured, and how they are assigned to characters (and written into the characters Addon). WoW Macro Actions are assigned based on the Targets of the Mapped Keys. Macro Sets (Named WoW Macro Actions) are assigned to a character set or specific characters.

You can configure Macro Sets (Game Helper node in ISBoxer) as separate "branches" for organisational purposes, although you need to ensure the Key Combination will be unique if you are assigning multiple Macro Sets to each character (nothing more annoying that having two separate macros on the same keybind trying to do different things). This is to avoid the need to configure them all in WoW directly. That would be a PITA for multiboxing purposes, and prevent the portability and ease of management (do you really want to have to configure the same macro 15 times???). Some people even manage with only a single Macro Set (there are 150+ key combinations you can use if we exclude the basic no modifier options).

For the most part, people don't tend to change spec on the fly, but if you do, you can manage it, but you do need to manage it in a way that the tools you are using are designed to operate.

This named wow macro should explain what I was trying to do.

Code:
    /use [nocombat] Findle's Loot-A-Rang

!if (character is in "Warrior - ARMS") /click ARMS-ST
    !if (character is in "Warrior - PROT") /click PROT-ST
    !if (character is in "Warlock - Destruction") /click Destro-ST
    !if (character is in "Warlock - Affliction") /click AF-ST
    !if (character is in "Shaman - Enhancement") /click EnhaS-ST
    !if (character is in "Hunter - Beast Mastery") /click BMST
    !if (character is in "Hunter - Marksman") /click MARKS-ST
    !if (character is in "Monk - Windwalker") /click WWST
    !if (character is in "Mage - Frost") /click FRST
    !if (character is in "Mage - Fire") /click FIRE-ST
    !if (character is in "Mage - Arcane") /click ARC-ST
    This already exists in Game Helpers in World of Warcraft in Quick Setup as the 'DPS-ST' WoW macro.
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 11-26-2015 at 09:51 PM Reason: Clarity

So, as noted here. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Macro
    Conditional Macros

Conditional Macros are those that may include or omit lines depending on available conditions. Conditions are resolved at the time the ISBoxer Addon is generated, when you Export to Inner Space.
    So your current configuration is effectively excluding all the non ATG member options at the time of Export.

Why? well, because ISBoxer only sends Keystrokes and mouse pos/clicks to the game, it does not push info to say you are in ATG BlahDeBlah, so the resolution of your macro is done at the time of export, and any unmet conditionals are removed from the macro. Why does it not send ATG info?? Because WoW does not have an open interface that ISBoxer can shove anything it likes down it. It can only send Keystroke and mouse info, via the standard Windows mechanisms (to do otherwise is a clear breach of the EULA/TOS), so WoW has NFI that you are in ATG Mage-Fire, it just knows that you pressed the appropriate key combination.

You need to change that way you are configuring ISBoxer. You should have one or more Macro Sets, and assign those based on spec (if needs be). If a character can change spec mid session, then they need to be assigned both macro sets (the only restriction being that assignment of multiple macro sets will need to ensure unique key combinations across them). There was a discussion on organisation of the Macro Sets here http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6561.