Close
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 81

Default 60-Boxer on Emerald Dream

Not sure if all here have seen this post ...

Interesting complaint about multi-boxing again
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

ha funny post, Well just QQ really because they not got money to do it or though the big mutiboxers (all three of them) i think its more of the phasing problem then the boxers as even you was solo 200 vs 200 is not not going to help boxer or no boxer.

anyway.

im going to say something here, so i can say "i told you so" later.

shit like this is why CCP changed their TOS. you know it, we all know it.

they WILL end multiboxing in wow. and you will have no one to blame but yourselves.

i know mirai runs this place and usually reads it. so please, think with your head and understand, you MUST limit the number of characters isboxer can run or you will lose the only game that is giving you money i dont care if the dude running 80, 100 or whatever wows is your life long e-friend, get rid of him, he will cost you your livelihood.

it WILL happen if you do nothing, i don't care how you guys try to lawyer your way around it, when tasked with it, Blizzard wont limit the number of logins to a sensible value, they will just limit logins entirely, or remove every feature wow has that makes it boxing friendly. exactly like CCP did.

and no, they don't care about eroding the legal precedent that gave them the memory region protection years ago, they just don't care anymore about it, they know that if they lobby hard enough they can get a lot more out of politicians, so we cant count on that either.

and we boxers MUST make the lives of this idiots a living nightmare, we have to camp them out of existence, they are shit and are ruining our fun. im from KJ and we have to deal with that prepared simpleton who keeps crashing the zone outside org... constantly.

been boxing for almost a decade now, using initially nothing but alt+tab. and I've see this pattern develop in three different games so far. as soon a retards start making 80+ alts and the boxing community doesn't call them out on the complete idiocy and lack of any skill on what they are doing the player base gets fed up, they bitch long enough and boxing is over.

i know there are other tools out there, but we have to at least show some good faith.

Well mirai does not run isboxer lax does. And most the 40+ boxers dont post here or care.

I can understand that argument that if one person is running so many accounts that it makes the game unplayable, to laggy etc..then limiting the amount of accounts. It does not mater if it only a small number of multiboxers do this, it makes us all look bad imo. I would 100% be cool with them limiting us to 10 accounts( for raids ).
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Are you asserting that multiboxers don't report people for abusing game mechanics or violating EULA rules? /me is confused, but maybe I'm just a simpleton.

Quote Originally Posted by CMKCot View Post
    the boxing community doesn't call them out on the complete idiocy and lack of any skill on what they are doing the player base gets fed up, they bitch long enough and boxing is over.
    Stick with objective facts; that 'lack of skill' canard is old, tired, and repeatedly proven false, usually by butthurt people that couldn't strategize their way out of a wet paper bag. Furthermore, I would submit that the proper purview of this problem of a few people intentionally* crashing zones is a "disruption of the game servers" type of GM ticket under EULA clause 1(C)(ix). Unless you expect multiboxers to just give up and abandon their hobby because a few bad apples are being douchebags? You're not a college student perchance, are you?

* Intentionally meaning they know it crashes the zone either more often or more quickly than normal, so repeatedly doing it would seem to be an abuse of game mechanics, especially if they're dropping 40-100+ pets/banners/whatever to purposely exacerbate the situation. I'm kinda surprised that if this has been going on this long (and judging by the twitter stuff, it has been) and with the gazillions of complaints these folks have surely gotten every day that it is still going on. IT'S LIKE BLIZZARD DOESN'T EVEN GIVE A SHIT. Why ever could that be...

Again, just in case it wasn't clear, I'm not arguing that WoW might eventually decide to kill off multiboxing. I'm just saying that fratricide is not going to achieve your aims or sway the opinions of people who clearly do not listen to us and never have.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Well mirai does not run isboxer lax does. And most the 40+ boxers dont post here or care.
    I don't think he/she/it was addressing the 40+boxers but the ISBoxer dev primarily.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by CMKCot View Post
    as soon a retards start making 80+ alts and the boxing community doesn't call them out on the complete idiocy and lack of any skill
    I knew 79 was the sweet spot

...and all this shit was answered 5 hours ago. I am sure Mirai can clean up my post and make it nice and pretty.

Posted by Jalën
    Why do you allow this Blizzard?
    For the same reason we allow you to have multiple World of Warcraft licenses on your Battle.net account and to be registered to multiple Battle.net accounts. If we didn't then you could not create an account to be used by a minor child (that you are the parent or legal guardian of). You'd be restricted to having a single account, ever.

Multiboxing is not a supported playstyle, but it doesn't violate our policies.
    11/20/2015 11:41 AMPosted by Jalën
    Didn't you ban Swifty for a server crash?
    Not exactly. That is the problem with this one, most people have very little understanding of the actual events that happened. The penalty you are referring to was done in error. After a more thorough investigation it was overturned.
    Some people would say, "just ignore it", but how can I ignore an issue that is the result of constant server crashes? How is it that something like this is allowed in World of Warcraft?
    Because that generally doesn't happen. While your connection may be impacted by having a lot of characters in an area, it rarely impacts server stability.
    The only benefit that I see is that it fills up your wallets with money.

Another misconception. Yes, a multiboxer may pay more in game purchases and subscription fees than you do, but that doesn't necessarily translate into more revenue. Encounters with a multiboxer may have a negative impact on another players game experience, because going up against 5 characters as 1 can be frustrating. So in the end that multiboxer may have cost us a player, and that can happen at any time.

It is allowed because the activity doesn't violate policy, period.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19972717210
    Posted by Askari
    I would suggest any blue go take a look at the Emerald Dream forums right now and see that our community is railing at the moment. Seriously, go take a look.
    What posts are created on the forum isn't indicative of how the server itself is behaving. During those times there are certainly drops,I can see them, but the realm/zone/instance itself does not go offline. There are population drops, but those don't zero out either.

That is more indicative of the individual users systems and connections as the area remains online and populated.
    11/20/2015 12:14 PMPosted by Askari
    Im curious how 1 person piloting 80 toons isnt considered botting?
    Because unless they are using a different method outside the normal ones used by the majority of multiboxers, they are otherwise in direct control of the characters.
    11/20/2015 12:05 PMPosted by Jalën
    Based on this blue post, we should just all sit on our hands and do nothing about it.
    No, I'm saying the activity that is often associated with multiboxers, is not considered to be a violation of our policies. From a CS point of view there is nothing that we'd be able to do.

If you believe they are somehow exploiting, or intentionally causing realm issues, using the right click report option or sending an email to hacks@blizzard.com with relevant information would be the course of action you'd want to take.

If this is a practice that you think should not be allowed or at least limited, you'll need to submit your feedback to our Development team. You can do that by posting in the General Discussion forum and/or submitting your suggestions via the in-game interface option.
    11/20/2015 12:05 PMPosted by Rasek
    Yeah the whole "They don't affect servers" is silly, considering Emerald Dream has been brought down a ton this week alone due to too many characters fighting in a single space.
    To be clear, no, it hasn't. There was an issue yesterday with several realms, Emerald Dream included, but the realm itself outside of this week's maintenance has not had any other major incidences.
    11/20/2015 12:14 PMPosted by Askari
    Lets be honest though, Blizz only cares about money; but yet they wonder why subs are so low.
    That may be your honest opinion, Askari, but that is what it is, an opinion. While we absolutely value the opinion you may have, that doesn't make it accurate. It is unfortunate that those that voice such an opinion that we "only care about money" are rarely apt to change their mind, even with all evidence to the contrary.

As I heard one of our Developers say recently, it is our games that bring in the revenue but the revenue does not drive the decisions about our games.

I think this discussion has run its course.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 11-20-2015 at 11:39 PM

oh i forgot to say our 40 mutliboxer on outland used to raid stromshild a lot, one time (last few months) he got told by a gamemaster to leave the zone and stay away from it as it was infarct making the server lag for them and they could tell from hardware logs of the realms that it was not coping well.
    He did not banned and took the note and just stayed to sw/if and other zones that was not as painful for the servers. So blizzard doing nothing is a lie.

And talking about realm stable-able Outland eu had a guild that was using lag switches (players out there to crash the realm) to get a easier win he got a full ban last mouth for this. so blizzard does do stuff about this.

outland-eu sounds as bad as this us server.

But like the blue posts say to ban us there going to have to stop real players using the tools we use and its not fair on them to what stop a handful of mutiboxers and that post might have a lot of posts but to be fair it could only be 3 or 4 players kicking off and using other accounts to post off. and once one starts the others join in.

we always been hated nothing going to change, even though half the time we die fast just when we don't!
    Last edited by ebony : 11-20-2015 at 11:25 PM

Gotta admit now I want to make a team on Emerald Dream....
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 11-20-2015 at 11:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    I knew 79 was the sweet spot
    heh

It is allowed because the activity doesn't violate policy, period.
    That may be your honest opinion, Askari, but that is what it is, an opinion. While we absolutely value the opinion you may have, that doesn't make it accurate. It is unfortunate that those that voice such an opinion that we "only care about money" are rarely apt to change their mind, even with all evidence to the contrary.
    I think this discussion has run its course.
    /thread

att_144211194867854.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)