Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 31

Blue or GTFO imo

Found another person claiming that /follow is being removed in Legion. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=9#comments check the comment by roent(can't figure out how to link directly to the comment on MMO-Champion forums). I'm asking for a source from him because I don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Found another person claiming that /follow is being removed in Legion. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=9#comments check the comment by roent(can't figure out how to link directly to the comment on MMO-Champion forums). I'm asking for a source from him because I don't believe it.
    The reason they give doesn't even make sense, let alone there not being an actual source.

Probably because a blue poster said they're removing the /follow function. Something to do with PvP leeches.
    PvP leeches using /follow? Where exactly is this happening? Seeing as /follow was disabled in battlegrounds over two and a half years ago (March 2013), and was never a part of Ashran, it would appear that they're misinformed.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Still can not get a client download to look in the api.

EDIT: i got the 7.0.1 WoWAPI (blizzard add-on changes) that us addondevs use to work out whats been changed in lines of api changes so i took a peek at the blinding's (KeyMap UI) and follow and ITW are both still in the game form the looks of it. This file has got changes from live so they have been working in it.

EDIT2

Found click to move code as well that's still in the interface menu.

I would not worry and in a few days am sure we get into the game to check this out!

Edit3 found the click menu as well

Last edited by ebony : 11-20-2015 at 01:24 PM

Damn it, Ebony! You keep your "research" and "facts" out of this!

I jest, naturally. Cheers for looking that up. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Thanks for the sleuthing Ebony!
    your welcome! i meen it ""might"" not work in-game but seems dum to leave the code there still, but everything else they removed thats going in xpac EG: ghyphs so one would think they would of cleared it up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Damn it, Ebony! You keep your "research" and "facts" out of this!

I jest, naturally. Cheers for looking that up. ^^

The facts always wins then some MMO-champ mine craft kiddey crying. ((funny how it was not posted on the wow forums))

or though they did remote this emote

Code:
    %s motions for you to follow.
    Last edited by ebony : 11-21-2015 at 11:35 PM

Just more vomit from MMO-Champion.

I see from time to time that same crowd in game and on boards bitching about class envy ( not having the dough to pay for two accounts ) always complaining incessantly in the hopes that Blizzard gets fed up and takes action. Notice they never quit. It isn't a matter of their experience being made worse. It is their class envy that hurts.

No doubt this is exactly how /follow in BGs got removed. Personally if they really, truly want to stop 80 boxing, want to stop bots, want to stop all the abhorrent shit that goes on with the bots and multiboxing just do the following:

1. Limit /follow to battle net account.
    2. Limit the number of characters that can be in any instance of WoW on a battle net account to a total of 5. Or whatever they feel comfy with someone multiboxing.

Getting rid of CTM will never happen as it creates too much overhead figuring out who legitimately needs it and who doesn't. Besides, the number one way to kill botting is to stop creating content around timesinks. Instead create around challenge. Nobody is going to run a bot for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    Just more vomit from MMO-Champion.

I see from time to time that same crowd in game and on boards bitching about class envy ( not having the dough to pay for two accounts ) always complaining incessantly in the hopes that Blizzard gets fed up and takes action. Notice they never quit. It isn't a matter of their experience being made worse. It is their class envy that hurts.

No doubt this is exactly how /follow in BGs got removed. Personally if they really, truly want to stop 80 boxing, want to stop bots, want to stop all the abhorrent shit that goes on with the bots and multiboxing just do the following:

1. Limit /follow to battle net account.
    2. Limit the number of characters that can be in any instance of WoW on a battle net account to a total of 5. Or whatever they feel comfy with someone multiboxing.

Getting rid of CTM will never happen as it creates too much overhead figuring out who legitimately needs it and who doesn't. Besides, the number one way to kill botting is to stop creating content around timesinks. Instead create around challenge. Nobody is going to run a bot for something like that.
    follow was removed becouse they said many times it was the bot's and there was no real use for anyone (but mutiboxers) needed to follow in PvP. the outside would there is reason in there eyes follow is useful. just saying.

and if the lua files was not a nulf i got some in-game stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    follow was removed becouse they said many times it was the bot's and there was no real use for anyone (but mutiboxers) needed to follow in PvP. the outside would there is reason in there eyes follow is useful. just saying.

and if the lua files was not a nulf i got some in-game stuff.

They stated that it was held up because multiboxing in BGs was not wanted. According to them. They were alright with breaking our gameplay.

So my point to them is when is multiboxing ok and when isn't it? Get rid of the grey area and let the ruling stand.

I play more than one account because playing one account bores me to tears. It has nothing to do with gaining an advantage on anyone. I actually prefer 3s arena for starters, or 5 man dungeon runs on the hardest setting. I do it for the challenge and diversity which so many games sorely lack by design.

I want for them to set rules on multiboxing so that I know what I can and can't expect. Giving me back /follow and limiting my multiboxing to say, 2 or 3 accounts I'd be alright with that. I guess some would want more so maybe 5 but no more support beyond that.

There are good things and bad things about multiboxing like anything else that can be done with the game. The point is to recognize the good things multiboxing brings to the table and the bad things so that a reasonable decision can be reached.