Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default Rumours of Click To Move being removed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-removed-soon

I don't like the rumour mill but hey if it happens, it's gonna suck.

OUTLAND EU
    <Autobots Roll Out>

Honestly, it sounds like another multiboxer hater who is trolling given the fact that they started the thread, replied three additional times within 15 minutes of creating it, and then have said nothing beyond that for days. The fact that Blizzard would remove both /follow and CTM from the entire game to counter a few minor annoyances, when plenty of solo players use them, seems a bit excessive.

If you've ever had to displeasure of running into one of the many multiboxers who lag out servers with their 40 to even 80+ characters, cheer hard for this.
    One of the many? There must be less than 10 people, maybe less than 5, who run anywhere near that many accounts. Do I believe that that many accounts is excessive? Yes, but if those 5-10 people are the cause of this, and the rumor(s) are true, then I'd expect Blizzard to put a limit on the amount of accounts that are allowed to be multiboxed at any given time.

Also, the amount of multiboxer mis-information in that thread is staggering. It's not like we hide how we play away from the world behind password protected pay-only forums.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blizzard has been pretty busy excluding huge segments of players from WoW over the last several years, it honestly would not surprise me if they continue the trend.

Going that far out of their way just to deal with Prepared, though, I'd say is a long shot ... I'd love to meet the "many" multiboxers with 40-80 accounts. To say there might be 5 of those people sounds like a pretty high estimate to me.

However, I will say that CTM is totally not necessary (unless you want to work around no /follow in battlegrounds). We multiboxed WoW before it was added to the game in the first place...
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

The best part is that even if this were true and it being quite plausibly aimed towards Prep, it would change nothing. He does not even use CTM from what I can tell. His toons are simply always stacked. And ya, I am aware of 4 people that have boxed or 2 that currently are boxing 30+ accounts, so many might be a slight exaggeration

I just blew 500 bucks on expansions and transfers. I sure hope this is just a rumor
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

saying they said they would tell us if they stop mutiboxing before it happens they know we got xpac already. so to just remove it after peolders is silly.

I been finding out what i can and i know someone that was at blizzcon (playable demo) that said follow was still part of the UI. CTM is not the problem to be fair its ITW and CTM that kinda is the prob how they work togaver like they do (for melee teams). rift has both and both don't work like wow does. i meen follow is hard cored into the game if they can not change a bag? how the hell they going to remove follow (unless they do what they do in bg's that is more of a toon hack then removing follow )

removing click to remove for a few bg bots is probs going to be as useful as removing follow hmmm nope.

As for ctm/itw that is easy just ban the boxers doing it am sure we fucking stop then. (even a gm saying can you not come to bg's and ill stop) the pet is simple just hot-fix it like they did with with the soul trader.

If they is true that blizzard just needs to say what other games say Mutiboxing is not allowed any more in game. a lot of players play 2 accounts though. going around removing all our tools is just silly.
    Last edited by ebony : 11-16-2015 at 12:18 PM

I would think this is as baseless rumor in that Click to Move is a gaming staple. They are likely wholly ignorant of IWT.

I would like to hear from the developers (or product managers) what IWT was created for, like who justified the expense? Is it a development / testing 'pathing' tool that is used for testing and people thought it might be cute for accessibility?

I am sure the waypoint system still exists for development / testing, memories of being able to ride from Kargath flight path to Lothos with a single button was such an achievement. But that should have never been in the game.

I'll let someone else chime in with other details. My brain hurts from the stupid in that linked discussion on MMO-C. "Good multiboxers don't use follow..." /wrists
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I've been boxing for years and maybe 3 or 4 times in my life have I seen another boxer in WoW. And never more than 5 toons.

I see hate posts like that and think OK thats the 1 person who ran into a boxer, but how is he convincing the other 99 who've never seen one to follow along?

Thanks for posting that thread. I got a real chuckle out of it.

They won't get rid of either options; follow or click-to-move. The original post never quoted anything from Blizzard officially and was all about someone's hopeful opinion. Follow has been in the game since day one of vanilla and click-to-move was added later to assist people who have disabilities. Blizzard will never alienate a segment of their player base who legitimately require CTM.

As for multiboxing, well, most people have at least one or two accounts and multiboxing as a whole has little impact on others overall gameplay experience. Just more pointless posts with multiboxer rage in my opinion.