Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 47

Default 2.4 theorycrafting

Wake up guys! PTR is out, lets talk about 2.4 I didn't spend much time with the patch notes, just a quick glance, but looks very promising. Seems like Legacy of Nightmares rings are THE best option and will open a good amount of builds. I sure it will get nerfed, but for now, the set is doing insane damage. Monks with WoL are criting for over 70b:

GR70 in 3mins solo? Nerf on the way.

Seen Wizards with Firebirds doing huge damage as well. I know, PTR just started and things will change in the next weeks, still there are very interesting options here.

Philo has been streaming 4 mara/4 shadow and clearing 70s in around 4 mins with 2 people with FnR. So theres a lot of tuning that is necessary unless they plan on just letting people go crazy and go for super high rift numbers. With decent gear it looks like most classes can do 4-5 min 70s solo.

Those rings are absolutely silly though, but it does allow for diversity once they get balanced.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

DatModz is streaming a Blessed Shield spec, doing GR87 ... those rings will get nerfed on the next iteration for sure. Hopefully they will nerf it just enough so they compete with 6 piece sets.

Last edited by Devile : 11-13-2015 at 08:26 AM

Didn't pay much attention to the LoN builds since it was clear the rings were going to get nerfed. Not sure if they did it already, but read the post about the upcoming nerf to 100% on the PTR. Still a strong option, but not sure if they will be strong enough to push GRs.

So far I'm liking the new Firebird's set. Wizards are a strong option for S5. 3x Wizards + support Barb looks like a great combo.

A few DH builds I'm looking into:

Looking forward to the LoN nerf to see which builds survive. Also wanna see how good the new Invoker set is, as well as the Akkhan's. I think Condemn Crusaders will be me 2.4 T10 farming build.
    Last edited by Devile : 11-18-2015 at 05:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    A few DH builds I'm looking into:

Looking forward to the LoN nerf to see which builds survive. Also wanna see how good the new Invoker set is, as well as the Akkhan's. I think Condemn Crusaders will be me 2.4 T10 farming build.
    The monk t10 speed farming build with LoN looks absolutely retarded though, even post nerf numbers.

It seems like every DH build will be worth playing now, with nats actually falling behind everything else.

Almost every class has silly power creep, and it also seems that thorns in general is just beyond bugged.

HoTA barbs might also be really strong with LoN as it should outperform IK set, even with the damage multiplier hugely reduced.

Firebirds looks really interesting but not sure how well it'd be boxed as its not really a speed farming spec.

Why do you say condemn build will be strong for t10 in 2.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Why do you say condemn build will be strong for t10 in 2.4?
    Because:

1. New Akkan's set (6 piece set bonus = 450% damage)
    2. New Blade of Prophecy (100% Condemn Damage)
    3. New Frydehr's Wrath (200% Condemn Damage)
    4. Cubed new Akkhan's Addendum flail (AC = Prophet + Embodiment of Power runes) so u go with Firestarter for more Miranae Procs or straight Elite damage with The Furnance.
    5. New Endless Walk set + CoE.
    6. Cube ORotZ and have 3-4 laws up permanently or close to permanent.

Condemn hits pretty hard now, at least for T10, it should be more than enough.

Take a look at this video:

Not the best choice for gems or gameplay, but u can see clearly how he is 1 shooting elites at GR45 and the RG goes down in like 5 secs or so with paragon 645. Imagine 4 Crusaders properly geared with 2-4 laws moving at full speed?

I prefer Condemn Crusaders over Barbs cause they don't cause much visual lag, it feels a lot smoother and the AoE is ok. Same goes with Tempest Rush monks tho I haven't checked how good is TR in 2.4. TR needed Sweeping Wind to get acceptable AoE, but that caused visual lag.
    Last edited by Devile : 11-19-2015 at 10:21 AM

This Crusader spec looks fun and prolly ideal for Bounties:

Need to try the new Jade set to see if Manajuma + Jade is a better option.

S5 started today on the PTR and ppl already doing GR78 with Crusaders after the LoN nerf.

The 11/24 changes make demon hunters absurd for damage... 3,000% damage bonus from mara set now with bomb. Increases to UE damage as well (almost 3100% with perfect disc gear).

Nerf to firebirds.

What build is being played for crusaders?