Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 47

It's looking like a invoker based thorns build sits at the top right now - That brings my question for next season:

I tend to play same class at first, to help gearing a "main" - This season I wanted to go crusader, but since the reward is invoker and that seem to be top dog, I was wondering if I'm correct in thinking that multiple thorns saders would stack horribly? Or is all the thorns damage projected, or are you completely relying on one main char to be hit all the time?
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

I really wanna try this for nonseason:

Love lazy builds

As for S5, I think I'll go with 4x Marauder DHs. They are looking very good. The rest of classes are going up and down on PTR. DHs look balanced and I'll just play for the additional stash space and the rewards. Then I'll go back to non season and try different things. Thorns Crusader looks OP but they will clearly nerf it more. No idea if they will stack ... i guess that will be the case.

LoN has added quite some diversity to the game but they will either nerf it or buff 6 piece sets cause right now its outperforming by a LOT. Not quite sure what class I'll play on non season. Wizards look good too, already cleared 108 but I'm sure its a bug/exploit or something wrong. WW Barbs are gone . WDs need a buff but are great for T10 at least. Monks are okish with a single build. I love the idea of 4x Thorns Crusaders but not sure yet.
    Last edited by Devile : 12-13-2015 at 12:08 PM

Work is still in progress in the PTR... with a lot of nerfs and buffs... so, I'm not sure yet.

But, as silly as it gets, I could go with any class (I'll probably keep using Wizards tho) and have that ring set with a lot of damage buffs according to the number of ancient items equiped, than get an Aquila Cuirass (probably a no-brainer in 2.4 anyway), and maybe use signature spells with Hydras, the rest being damage buffs (Magic Weapon, Familiar, Armor)...

Maybe something like this...

1x CC/DPS Wizard with Slow Time (dedicated hat is missing from this update of DIII planner) : http://ptr.d3planner.com/922961978
    2x DPS Wizards : http://ptr.d3planner.com/475404513
    1x Buff/DPS Witch Doctor : http://ptr.d3planner.com/428092216

This is pretty much the same as my current team, just with massive damage reduction and massive damage increase.

Are you sure your DPS Wizards will actually DPS? Doesn't look like it will scale much, not mention the lack of AoE damage. Sure Hydras will shoot faster and LoN will help with the damage, but there are no more multiplier besides LoN. Usually LoN builds scale very good because they rely on 1-2 items like Deathwish + Mantle of Channeling + other proc items that help boosting your damage by a lot. Also, did they change Depth Diggers? I remember the multiplier was for melee classes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    (...) Also, did they change Depth Diggers? I remember the multiplier was for melee classes only.
    Really ? I didn't know that. That's too bad, because simulations show that with a "reasonable" 7 ancient items (I already have ancient Serpent Sparkers), therefore +700% damage with LoN...

- Magic Missile / Glacial Spike (you are right pointing that I didn't do enough aoe with that former template) reaches 950M DPS...
    - Frost Hydra peaks to 1.3B DPS... Yes, B stands for billion

And I get a TON of damage reduction, too. Well, assuming I have more than 90% ressource. Hence the use of signature spells... Damage reduction should be 50% form Aquila Cuirass, 28% from LoN and 7 ancients, 17% from "Blur" (D3 planner calculates 70% overall)... And then come All Resistances, which are very high due to Intelligence.

But, once again, things might change and turn this template into a total cr@p
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 12-16-2015 at 03:13 PM

When Depth Diggers new legendary affix was added it worked for all classes but the they changed it so it only worked for melee classes. I think they changed the description and added "that generate resource" so it only worked for melee classes. WD and Wizard primary skills don't generate resources.

http://diablo.blizzpro.com/2014/07/1...-notes-update/

That's when they changed it. Not sure if they changed their minds again. PTR changes almost every week now.
    Last edited by Devile : 12-16-2015 at 04:16 PM

For S5 I'm 99% sure I'll go with DHs. Since there will not be any season only legendaries, dont think it will be worth playing it besides getting the stash space and a few achievements (banners, pets, sigils, etc.). Then i'll be back for non season and not sure what I'll end up playing. Whatever gets me to 80+ Maybe a mixed party, but I'll try to avoid that and go with single class.

Thanks for that (even if it ruined my day).

I always hated DH because they are so weak... But in 2.4, with that massive damage reduction that we are going to have, maybe they will be viable at last.

Yes, they had issues with survivability in the past but with the new items and set changes, that shouldn't be a problem. Also u can spam skills easier and with the HUGE AoE + burst damage, they are amazing for general farming. Goblins are nice but can be a pain with some classes and if u multiply that times 4, killing and then looting a Goblin Shrine can take FOREVER and in many cases some goblins will escape. With DHs that rarely happens and they die in the same spot. A decent 4x DH party will clear the whole map fast and make your life easy since nothing can really escape from u without the need of chasing. UE Multishot is very good and the new M6 looks very promising as well.

PS: Sorry for ruining your day