Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Most efficient Death Breath + mats farming combo?

Been trying different setups to get more mats and DBs per hour. Some specs "may" seem like the best since they work solo, but multiboxing is a different beast. Also, speed is not everything since most of the time they are not that consistent cause they don't take in consideration that u will focus on killing elites, stop to loot every time and also, u will face goblins which can boost by a LOT your DBs and mats per hour.

In my experience Sage's set is MUST. U can do fast T7 runs, but still will fall behind a spec that uses Sage's set. U can do T10, but again consistency is a problem since u will stop to loot just 1 DB and not 2+ like with Sage, not to mention Goblins ARE a big problem once u go T8+. Even with high DPS, a goblin pack won't be easy/fast to kill and once they run all over the place, looting will take FOREVER.

So? what combo to use in order to:

• Get a high amount of DBs, mats and keys per hour
    • Kill all goblin packs
    • Get consistent results (less than 5 mins per rift, 25+ DBs per rift)

My first choice was Barbs. They can rush thru content, destroy T10 and get more loot. WRONG. Yes they move and kill fast, but they kinda suck on single target, u get screwed with waller and the visual lag from a lot of tornados + battle rage explosions make it hard to control in close spaces. I have a very decent computer, but still, my fps drop on certain maps and if u get close corridors, doors and shit, u end up dsyncing. Also some elites can move around and be a pain, not to mention u will NEVER kill a goblin pack in the same place. They will run ALL OVER the place :/ On top of that, if u wanna use Sage set, u need to go with IK set which is pretty bad when u multibox cause of the Fury issues.

Monks? Good damage, can use Sage with a generator build but they completely lack AoE. Gob packs are also a nighmare. WDs? Good AoE but 6 piece sets only, so that means no Sage. DHs? Good AoE but again, only 6 piece sets, no Sage. Crusaders? No AoE, 6 piece sets, lackluster damage, etc?

So Wizards?. Tal's has decent damage for T7-10, it's a 7 piece set that can use Belt and Amulet slots, so there's plenty of room for Sage and even other sets. They have good AoE and even CC. The main problem was mobility and survivability on T9+. So I added a support Barb and the result was just what I was looking for. This is the spec I'm running right now:

http://www.d3planner.com/692520615
    http://www.d3planner.com/304292450

3 Wizards + 1 support Barb. The Barb provides perma Immunity (bye bye knockback, slow, frozen, etc.) and movement speed. Illusory boots on all party members so I can rush thru the map and only stop to kill Elites and Goblins. Sure, Wand of Woh is not the most common item in the game, but u can always get it from the Cube or just use any Ancient Weapon with Woh cubed. Doing T9 with just 1 Ancient Woh + Furnace (the others have random weapons with Woh cubed) and elites die in like 2 secs without a chance to run or even attack. The build has enough CC to kill everything fast before they can do anything. Black Hole + Blizzard Frozen Solid locks everything in place and the meteors do the rest. Explosive Blast is just free DPS that takes care of trash while u move around.

Numbers are pretty consistent cause u dont have dsync issues caused by FPS lag, or run into problems with certain elites that knock u back, or those stupid spiders that slow u over and over, etc. Every Elite kill is 2+ DBs and they never represent a threat so your farming speed is not affected.

If anyone has a better combo to farm DBs and mats, I would love to hear about.
    Last edited by Devile : 11-11-2015 at 06:09 PM

Updated my setup to this:

http://www.d3planner.com/177834746
    http://www.d3planner.com/636340406

Wizards are similar but since I'm not using a support Barb anymore, had to change a few things to add more survivability. Luckily, 2.4 improved WoH and Tal Rasha's. The damage is excellent for T10 farming. Keeping 4 stacks all the time is super easy. I just cast all 4 elements and leave EB autocasting. To keep all 4 stacks, I just cast my main attack and that will refresh all 4. Pretty nice. That keeps the bonus up all the time for high DPS and toughness.

Switched the cube from The Furnace to Orb of Infinite Depth and Niffur's boots to Krelm's bracers. Niffur's are overkill, u will 1 shot everything with your meteors, even the RG dies in a couple seconds. Since u dont have perma ignore pain, knockback is a pain in the butt, so this one takes care of the problem.

The support Crusader eliminates the need for Illusory boots and opens room for Gloves of Worship which helps a ton on Bounties. Also Condemn has great synergy with EB cause it pulls everything towards you while running. Also, u can throw some thorns damage to help. Shield Glare has like 2 secs cooldown and u can pretty much spam.

Very happy with this setup. Is very fast, damage is perfect for T10 and it's fairly easy to use. Even Goblins die fast, tho I haven't found a gob pack yet to see if I can take them all down. Since meteors have a cooldown and are a big part of your single target dps, it may get tricky to kill packs. Single gobs die in 1-2 secs.

I haven't timed yet but I'm getting far more DBs per hour than before.

PS: Already had 3 Ancient WoHs but since 2.4 added 100% EB damage I did the math and a 2.4 non ancient WoH with 100% EB does more damage than a Ancient 2.3 WoH. Since the ancient affix didn't change, I rerolled all 3 to get the 100% EB damage. Got 1 Ancient so far. It hurts a bit my meteor damage, but overall is better.
    Last edited by Devile : 01-13-2016 at 11:39 AM

I would recommend 4xDH using a Multishot combo, either with Unhallowed set or Marauder. Get 25% speed, wear or cube Illusory boots and use Vault to skip anything other than elites. Unfortunately there is no way that you can mix Unhallowed or Marauder with Sage...

At T7 nothing will escape from you, not even a Goblin Rift.

At T10 with Marauder set I have some survivabilty problems and I can goof a Goblin rift if I have an elite at the same time (which happens most of the time LOL), plus I need to lay towers to increase damage, and some Goblins escape in the process. I need to use Unhallowed set, but I don't have 4x complete sets yet.

But still I'm chaining T10 missions for 5+5 mats (and DBs in the process) with this setup and it goes nicely. I just reset when I have Malthael encounter.
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 01-13-2016 at 12:56 PM

Sage makes a very noticeable difference on your DBs per hour. That's why I wanted a combo that included it. Also with this party I just run around killing stuff without needing to stop much. I only stop for elites, shrines (nemesis) and to loot. I move around at 75% MS which is not a lot, but works very good, even better when I get a Fleeting Shrine which lasts 10 mins and there's a high chance I'll find several during my playtime. Same with Empowered. Moving thru everything, no knockback, 1 shotting most mobs, little dsyncs (only cause of lag) and getting a lot of DBs. Only problem I find are those annoying spider webs that slow me but most of the time I run past them. 4x DHs can't compete with this, not even UE.

As for DH, for T10, UE is a LOT better than M6. AoE is just huge compared to M6, and u dont need to stop to place turrets. If u are having survivability issues with M6, then u are missing pieces cause u should be over 120m toughness and thats more than enough for T10. Maybe try this:

http://www.d3planner.com/605408036
    Last edited by Devile : 01-13-2016 at 01:28 PM

great discussion here. i am new to multi boxing and only will be doing 2 chars. so probably 2 wizards with Devile setup. So thanks for the post! I am trying to figure out what is the best way to pick up loot on chars such as yellows. I only have 2 chars to worry about. Early on in the season every yellow and blue is important so its hard to just skip them and only pick up death's breaths.

Phalanx Bow crusaders might be one of the most efficient for double deaths breath farming with swiftmount and such, just bombardment for the elites if you have to. Easy use of sage set. But I would use Invoker's early personally and you can run with this. http://www.diablofans.com/builds/699...ing-solo-group

Talrasha with wand of woe is one of the fastest as well, but takes a lot of gear.
    WD with angry chicken will still be great for speed clearing especially for bounties.
    Barbs have IK + Sage
    Monk have rainment + sage

I always just threw sage on one toon when doing normal rifts on my UE demonhunters since it was very hard to get materials for everyone to continually craft and then just get whites to convert from battlefield. But if you are looking for sage on all your characters then crusaders are probably going to be the best way to do it.

TBH though with t10 now being the norm with the power creep.... theres really no need for sage's set.

It is looking like A LOT of people will be playing crusader this time round so I may play them this time.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 01-13-2016 at 04:12 PM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Those Crusader builds look good on paper but I really need to see them in action first. And I'm talking about multiboxing action, not SOLO cause the problem I've always found with Steed Charge is that u cant do shit while on it. I mean, u cant cast skills and if u round robin laws for example, u end up dsyncing cause the one that casted a law will cancel the horse while the others are at max speed. I copied that diablofans build to d3planner and doesn't look that good for multiboxing:

http://www.d3planner.com/742382823

I like the idea of running around with the horse and killing stuff, but I hate CC and this build seems vulnerable to CC which will get u dsync. AC has 18 secs cooldown :/ Sure u will blow all your cooldowns on elites, but its fairly easy to run into packs before your cooldowns are over. Prolly add Leoric Crown and ditch Death Watch Mantle for Gloves of Worship.

As for Sage's, its a matter of taste I guess. For me its at least 30% faster. Dont see why not use it. Besides there's something really annoying about stopping to loot just 1 DB. Solo, why not? 4x chars? Naaa, I rather make that stop count for something more than just 1 DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    As for DH, for T10, UE is a LOT better than M6. AoE is just huge compared to M6, and u dont need to stop to place turrets. If u are having survivability issues with M6, then u are missing pieces cause u should be over 120m toughness and thats more than enough for T10. Maybe try this:

http://www.d3planner.com/605408036
    Dude, we agree on that, and I posted a very similar template elsewhere.

HOWEVER

I already have one character with "Wraps of Clarity" bracers, "Zoey's Secret" belt (8.2 bonus per familiar), and when I place "Cloak of the Garwulf" in cube, I'm getting WAYYYY less than the 140M+ expected in the planner.

[edit] exact numbers...

- Raw Toughness : 14.3M (quite weak, I know, using Witching Hour and Cindercoat)
    - With "Zoey's Secret" belt (8.2 bonus per familiar) : 34M
    - With "Zoey's Secret" belt (8.2 bonus per familiar) and "Cloak of the Garwulf" in cube : 55M
    - With "Zoey's Secret" belt (8.2 bonus per familiar), "Cloak of the Garwulf" in cube and "Wraps of Clarity" effect activated: 79.8M

I think it has been patched tho, I could swear I was getting less that 50M yesterday. But still, it's not what was expected in the planner.
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 01-14-2016 at 12:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKGqyVTYscE

You essentially never get off horse unless you are going to bombardment + iron skin to kill elites
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKGqyVTYscE

You essentially never get off horse unless you are going to bombardment + iron skin to kill elites
    Different build based on Akkhan set, not invoker Already saw that one and I liked it more than the build you posted before.