Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Question Multi-Boxing & Wow - WoD

I haven't multi boxed for about 5 years, but recently started wow again, and I kind of miss multiboxing.

What is the current state of multiboxing on WoW? I used to run heroics in WotLK with a Bear (main) and boomy (dps).

Is it still allowed?

I know now that WoW relies on procs to get the max damage - how hard is it to setup procs for different toons?

I plan on using Synergy Broadcast and a lot of macros.

Before I even start this. I'm asking, is it worth doing anymore?

A lot of Eve players might say otherwise but WoW still the best game to box right now.

Only problem with WoW is burn out from playing too many years. Everyone has that by now.

Whether or not it's "worth" boxing WoW anymore is something no one else can really answer for you. It's quite impossible for someone else to state for a fact how much enjoyment you would get out of it and if that is enough to warrant the expense.

In the game's current state there is actually a good amount of things to do on the PVE side. Mythic dungeons, time walking, challenge modes, multiple raid difficulties...

On the PVP side we've been getting the short end of the stick sort of. Damage isn't nearly as bursty, so the advantage we gain from focused damage and burst isn't nearly what it has been previously. On top of this /follow has been removed from BGs and Ashran, leaving us to deal with work arounds such as the Brew Pup follow, which work well enough but aren't still quite the same. I'm still having a lot of fun PVPing though, but I would imagine compared to what you could do with Ele Shamans / Frost DKs in Wrath (Read: Melt everything), PVP is a lot more challenging.

And as far as setting rotations up and whatnot, a lot of classes have been significantly simplified since Wrath... Positional requirements are gone, there are less spells to worry about than ever before, etcetc and we've gained lovely tools like Gnomesequencer and M6. Then again we've lost some macro tools such as delays (or whatever they were called) , but I would argue that apart from a few specs you can be very efficient in your setups with enough tweaking.