Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Grimrail 2nd boss

I asked in another thread but think it got buried in the posts content. But I am having a real problem with the 2nd boss on heroic grimrail depot...

In the other thread somebody mentioned a 'sweet spot' to stand but after 2 hours trying to find it- well I need help. The problem I have is when he gets in the cannon. At this point I'm not sure if I'm just suppose to hide my team, dps the ads, and use the cannon? Or am I suppose to find this sweet spot and dps him out?

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    I asked in another thread but think it got buried in the posts content. But I am having a real problem with the 2nd boss on heroic grimrail depot...

In the other thread somebody mentioned a 'sweet spot' to stand but after 2 hours trying to find it- well I need help. The problem I have is when he gets in the cannon. At this point I'm not sure if I'm just suppose to hide my team, dps the ads, and use the cannon? Or am I suppose to find this sweet spot and dps him out?

When you enter the path right is blocked, you need on the opposite side of that. So go left, turn right across the middle and park your team there. When he lays down the fire you run to middle then go back.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    When you enter the path right is blocked, you need on the opposite side of that. So go left, turn right across the middle and park your team there. When he lays down the fire you run to middle then go back.
    Thanks man, I will be trying and will let you guys know how it goes. This guy has really frustrated me lol.

Well I tried and it didn't work for me. I'm going to pretty much the only area you can go in the middle, and like the other spots the floors ignites and I can't heal through it. If I put my slaves over and use a cannon I get the furthest but not enough to get him back out of the cannon. Like everything I know just keep trying but I'm up to a lot of gold in repairs now and the fun's over.

Anyway, gave it about 10 tries before I called it for today.

Whats your item level? Might just need to gear up a bit more first.

I back my slaves up there, tag as many mobs as I can with the tank. The tank picks up all the barrels and uses the cannons. When the boss lights the floor on fire I move to the middle, and when the fire is over I move them back.

I failed about the first 20 times but now I can do it every time.

I'm getting closer. I see the rhythm to the fight... First I sit in the first area behind the very first boxcar, tag and rip through all the mobs, leave my team there and get ina cannon and get of 2 shots. Then I get knocked out of the cannon, grab my team because that's usually when the floor first gets lit. We move to the second area up behind the safe area and this is where it goes south. Between suppressive fire and the floor being lit in the second area- my guys go down and my priest can't stop to heal.

I'll keep at it- I'm hard headed. Sheesh I remember doing Spine of Deathwing and the frustration... Then after so much practice I got so damn good at it I could do it in my sleep.

Probably try again tonight. The sad thingis I outgear all this by a long shot. Most of my team is in 695 gear. My tank is like 705 or something- he's been my main solo and boxing. In fact my tank has many times ended up solo-ing a boss down when my team bit it. It's about being in the wrong place a the wrong time and getting more familiar with the patterns.

When running away from the fire on the floor, try running behind the pillars, that blocks the fire from the boss.

You do outgear me quite a bit, my team is 675-680. I'll run that again when I get a chance to get the fight fresh in my mind, in case I am missing something.

Not the best win as two of my team died, been awhile since I had run that and was a bit rusty. But we got him down.

My team is around 675'ish, you can view them in my signature.

A couple times I missed the sweet spot when not paying attention, but luckily the toons got stuck on a crate and did not fall off the train.

WOW! Thank you very much John. I can't believe you did this for me but I sure appreciate it!!!

I will let you know how it goes!

-Will

Got it down!

That sweet spot on the far right corner was the spot I needed. Once I got there I had all day to use the cannons. Got it on the 3rd try after you showed the spot in your video! Almost did it without losing anybody but 3 out of 5 team members flew off the train after Nilrog went down, lol. Tovra the last boss was a cake walk- glad to get that one done.

Now I will head to Auchiduon and hopefully get my legendary rings going for my whole team.