Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Default Static Charge exp/speed party

Static Charge monk took over the speedfarming scene quite fast after that chinese monk beat GR70+ with suboptimal gear. Since then there has been a ton of theorycrafting and the meta has changed to SC monks. The nice thing about this is that supports now can actually do a lot of damage by proccing Static Charge. I'm not playing that much the game cause of real life responsibilities and issues with my ISP, but on my spare time I've been thinking on a multiboxing spec based on SC for speedfarming.

It's a work in progress and it needs testing, but the idea is to use it for 60+ speedfarming or even 70+ if u are Paragon 1000+. It's based on just 1 DPS and 3 supports. There are several skills I'm not sure yet, but it might come handy to some of u:

SC Monk
    It's a hybrid build since Raiment 4 piece is kinda useless cause we can't dash on a mixed party without dsyncs. Using Cyclone Strike to proc F&R (it procs right???) and get some CC, and Uliana's 2 piece to spread Exploding Palm easily. Yeah I know a Sunwuko is far better for EP but I had free slots and EP is prolly the best. Besides the party won't use an EP monk, so why not have a hybrid and just spread EP with the generator skill? It's free DPS and applies by itself
    http://www.d3planner.com/753261985

Support Generator Heal Monk
    The new heal monk based on Istvan's set using WotHF FoF to proc Static Charge from the SC monk. Some exp gear to boost the party.
    http://www.d3planner.com/928280072

Support Crusader
    Basically a Condemn Crusader to proc more Static Charge. Reciprocate rune has a very nice proc coeficient and should work very good. We don't want extremely high procs or it will literally freeze the server. Judgement Resolved with Sacred Harness belt should add a nice 40% damage reduced debuff. Laws of Valor is debatable, it could be Laws of Hope Wings of Angel. Shield Glare also debatable, could be something else (Provoke maybe?). More exp gear here.
    http://www.d3planner.com/720575702

Support Barb
    This is the only one I didn't know how to make it to proc Static Charge so it's basically a zDPS barb without WW. It's there just for the buffs/debuffs. I know WotB Slaughter procs a lot but it kinda breaks the server and u die from lag. It's a matter of testing I guess, but if it doesnt work, then I guess this is it. Some more exp too, why not.
    http://www.d3planner.com/793251064

I've considered some party buffs in all profiles, thats why toughness is pretty high on each char. Only the buffs that will be up 100% of the time or while moving. Useful to have an idea of how much toughness u will have. Things like Inner Sanctuary should boost your toughness by a lot more.

There are more ways to squeeze higher procs but I think this is a good starting point since lag will be the main problem here. Too many procs and u will lag to death. Too few and u will miss DPS. Also made it so skills can easily overlap in this mixed party without much work. Making it work should be fairly straight forward.

Anyway, let me know what u think. The forum is not moving much lately anyway :P
    Last edited by Devile : 10-20-2015 at 04:33 PM

This looks like so much fun! Id love to try it out but all my accounts are at 530ish P. I look forward to hearing how it goes and eventually try it out.

This comp took top spot for 4 man NA today.

I have had so little playtime but i was toying with something similar last week.
    My SC monk was little changed from what you posted, my barb is more of a zDPS hota variant. The heal monk I'm running i squeezed in 2p raiment for the increased speed to generators while i search for a pair of Istvans.

I haven't had time to try the crusader yet. I think it will be better than the HoTa barb or Dart Dr i have been running in that slot. I really like BBV but the sader will proc as much or more, and bring either LoH-WoA or LoV-Crit and more bonus XP gear.

Not having WotHF-FoF on the SC monk doesn't seem to be a problem, the others seem to proc more than enough for efficient trash clears. Not sure about the RG till i actually gear up a sader, atm my 1 dart DR helps melt RG in decent times but i think my trash clear will be better once i get a sader going.

EDIT: The zDPS hota barb is smashing really fast with a pair of istvans/BoFM/cubed GoJ, i couldn't think of a better skill to proc SC with.
    Last edited by Mamut : 10-24-2015 at 02:29 PM

Did a few low 60s on my first try, but kinda hard to play lately cause I'm still having issues with my Internet connection and it's very frustrating to lose bounties/GR keys because of frequent random disconnects. After I fix this I'll play more, push 70s and upload some videos.

The build works pretty good, tho I made some changes to it (HotA barb). 0 lag so far so I think I can squeeze a few more procs here and there. I may switch Laws of Valor Critical to Laws of Hope Wings of Angels since it's so hard to move around without dsyncs and melees really need to be in sync or they will hit nothing and they won't proc Static Charge. Survivability doesnt seem to be a problem but DPS is on the low side. Sometimes I melt elites, sometimes it takes quite a while and I think it's because only my main is hitting targets and the rest of the party is not. Wings of Angel should help with that.
    Last edited by Devile : 10-26-2015 at 12:41 PM

Wings of Angel was definitely the way to go. I lost some DPS but being able to just rush thru trash that gives no progress or skipping annoying elites, made me jump to GR66 fairly easy. RG is a problem for me since I'm playing non season and the lack of Bane of the Stricken increases the RG fight by a LOT. My gems are below 60 and I'm not even paragon 900 but i think I'm doing ok. Paragon 1100+ and 70+ gems and I should be able to do GR70+.

Devlie,
    Thanks for trying to figure out right group comp for multibox farming. Is it possible for you to share d3planner links of 4 characters?

Thanks

You can find the d3planner links in the first post of this thread. I've been updating each char accordingly. My chars are here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D.../hero/57636972
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/57636971
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/47389262
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F.../hero/41308824

U will notice there are some differences because I don't have all the items, specially hellfire rings/amulets. I'm kinda lazy d3planner is what I'm aiming for.

PS: Made some minor changes and GR67 went down easy. RG fight still remains as the only problem. Just pushing a little bit to see how far can I go with my current setup and level up a little bit my gems. Will start recording exp/hr to see whats the best exp for my party. Prolly high 50s because of the RG, but once I have access to Bane of the Stricken, I'm sure high 60s will be an option. Fixed my internet issues so now I can play more
    Last edited by Devile : 10-29-2015 at 11:10 AM

Did a quick change to my build and doing much better now. GR79 went down with 1min left.

Since I'm not playing Seasons, RG is a complete pain in the butt. Most RGs take more than 5mins to kill with IAS gear on the monk, so going no IAS and more damage is a better choice. I switched to The Furnace in Cube instead of Flying Dragon and also I'm using 2 generators on my monk to proc it more. The trick here is lag. Once u notice u are lagging, that means your party is hitting the max procs the server can handle so u should go to more damage instead of more IAS/procs. If u dont see any signs of lag, then u need to work on your setup cause u are not squeezing all the damage your Static Charge can achieve.

Not having a second generator on the SC monk was a bad idea since I wasn't procing enough. I never felt any lag whatsoever. When I started using SC + WotHF FoF and full IAS I noticed a clear increase in DPS but the server started to lag like crazy. Switched to less IAS, cubed Furnace and WotHF Assimilation and reduced the lag but the DPS was still there. Elites melt with high density and the RG takes considerably less time.

GR69 went down at first try, prolly luck cause there was good density and mob types. GR70 is taking time cause I'm getting crap mobs and horrible RGs that move all over the map :/ Completely doable but will require some fishing.

Not bad for my paragon level and 60 gems.

PS: Got GR70 after a few tries. Silver Spire did the job.

I'll keep pushing a little bit with this build but eventually I'll try with 2 Carnevil WDs for more dps, tho the lack of the Crusader may be a huge problem. Crusader makes it so easy to move around the map.
    Last edited by Devile : 11-01-2015 at 08:09 PM

Devile,

Nice job! I am about to start this party myself. I have 70's of all toons on 4 accounts, and tons of gear, so I am confident I can do this and even throw in WD's at some point too.

How do you map your abilities? Are you using straight 1-for-1 on all 4, or do you have some round robins going? That is always the toughest part for me.

Sadly, not a straight 1 to 4 setup, its a bit complex so its easier to multibox. Basically I've created keys for every skill for each character. They can share the same hotkey in some cases depending on the functionality. For example:

1 = Static Charge on SC monk and mouse1 for the other 3 chars
    2 = Breath of Heaven on SC monk + Blinding Flash on heal monk + Condemn on Crusader + Sprint (3s)
    3 = Inner Sanctuary on heal monk + Shield Glare on Crusader
    4 = Judgement on Crusader (it messes up Cyclone Strike so u wanna have all mobs pulled before using this)
    5 = Laws of Hope on Crusader (10s) + Mantra of Healing (0.7s) on heal monk + Ignore Pain on Barb (11s)
    6 = WarCry (10s)
    7 = Threatening Shout (3s)

I try to use more keys because when u use the same hotkey for 2 or more skills on the same char, sometimes u dont cast the skill. Not a problem when its a low cooldown skill that u can spam, but when it's a timed buff/debuff that u rely on, u can easily die. For example Ignore Pain which I have every 11 secs. If I share it with WarCry or Sprint hotkey and eventually I send it both at the same time, I may miss Ignore Pain, since I have it on trigger once and run the risk of having 11 secs of Ignore Pain downtime which will most likely get me killed. I don't see this when each skill has its own hotkey. Of course I'm not mashing all 7 buttons. My mouse takes care of 2567 and I just focus on 134, right/left clicks.

Since SC monk needs certain rotation when u use 2 generators, it makes it a little bit difficult to make keys work and not lose your F&R buff. My rotation is:

1. Cyclone Strike to pull everything really close and proc F&R on SC charge monk.
    2. Inner Sanctuary + Shield Glare + Judgement
    3. Main attack to get Assimilation stacks (only 3 hits needed).
    4. Static Charge on different mobs to spread the debuff
    5. Main attack to proc it even more

On the meantime, I spam the other skills that are on 2567. I know, it doesn't sound simple, but u get used to it pretty fast.