Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

Hi Devile,

You are doing really great job! I try play like 'you' (I mean this setup) but it is not easy.
    Can u please share with me your isboxer config ? I would be very grateful.
    Greetings.

Hi Devile!
    I've been trying out your setup and it seems solid!
    But I started wondering what I did wrong when I wasn't able to get out maximum efficiency of the group and I noticed your post
    about the whole "mapped keys" thing. I've been trying to make it work but it seems a bit complicated...
    Would it be possible for you to share your isboxer config file as the previous poster asked?
    It would be much appreciated!

I play Seasonal HC and would really like to see what this setup is able to accomplish without dying.

Greetings.

Don't think this will make much sense to you guys, but anyway, here are my keymaps:

http://pastebin.com/su0Yhd29

It's not exactly what I posted but it's pretty much the idea. I focus only on a few skills while I spam others that run every X seconds so they don't "waste" ORotZ procs. I don't need Laws of Hope Wings of Angels in less than 10 secs so I don't spam it as soon as it's available. I rather save those ORotZ procs for Akarat Champion so I don't have downtime or even Shield Glare or Judgement to I can spam those.

I'm sure u guys can simplify it, but I'm too lazy for that and it works for me.

I realized that I was pushing 70+ with exp stuff. I'll switch for a little more damage/survivability and see how good I do. I'll update my build or maybe create a new spec for pushing GR and another for speedruns. I'll prolly record some videos later tonight. Already got all my Leoric rings/amulets so I should do a little better. The one thing I can't seem to get is the Istvan blades. I've gotten like 10 Little Rogues and 0 Slanderers :/
    Last edited by Devile : 11-04-2015 at 01:49 PM

Group made and practicing with it now. The biggest hurdle so far is managing SC applications timed with Shen's buff, and keeping the buff up in the rifts I am doing (45-55 leveling gems). Also spending time playing with keybinds. All in all, having fun with it so far.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F.../hero/66589342
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/67904479
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s.../hero/67904477
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F.../hero/66854039

Not pushing GR70+ anymore until I get Paragon 1000+ and/or Season 4 ends. RG fight is a pain in the butt, too long and boring. Recorded a GR70 run so u can see the gameplay:

Granted I did it with a Conduit + Power pylon, but still I've managed to do GR70 without pylons, just better density and a better RG. I can easily get to the RG with 4-5 minutes left but the fight takes more than that :/

Time to farm mats and focus on exp. I've updated my spec in D3planner to show what I'm using currently. Basically going with less/no IAS on gear and The Furnace in Cube but Pain Enhancer instead of Gogok. For speedruns, I just switch us Ruby's on Helm and Oculus rings instead of Hellfires.
    Last edited by Devile : 11-06-2015 at 10:27 AM

Well, 2.4 will destroy this spec so u have like 6 weeks to try it. SC won't proc from other party members and heal monk will be drastically nerfed which means GG for this combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Sadly, not a straight 1 to 4 setup, its a bit complex so its easier to multibox. Basically I've created keys for every skill for each character. They can share the same hotkey in some cases depending on the functionality. For example:

1 = Static Charge on SC monk and mouse1 for the other 3 chars
    2 = Breath of Heaven on SC monk + Blinding Flash on heal monk + Condemn on Crusader + Sprint (3s)
    3 = Inner Sanctuary on heal monk + Shield Glare on Crusader
    4 = Judgement on Crusader (it messes up Cyclone Strike so u wanna have all mobs pulled before using this)
    5 = Laws of Hope on Crusader (10s) + Mantra of Healing (0.7s) on heal monk + Ignore Pain on Barb (11s)
    6 = WarCry (10s)
    7 = Threatening Shout (3s)

I try to use more keys because when u use the same hotkey for 2 or more skills on the same char, sometimes u dont cast the skill. Not a problem when its a low cooldown skill that u can spam, but when it's a timed buff/debuff that u rely on, u can easily die. For example Ignore Pain which I have every 11 secs. If I share it with WarCry or Sprint hotkey and eventually I send it both at the same time, I may miss Ignore Pain, since I have it on trigger once and run the risk of having 11 secs of Ignore Pain downtime which will most likely get me killed. I don't see this when each skill has its own hotkey. Of course I'm not mashing all 7 buttons. My mouse takes care of 2567 and I just focus on 134, right/left clicks.

Since SC monk needs certain rotation when u use 2 generators, it makes it a little bit difficult to make keys work and not lose your F&R buff. My rotation is:

1. Cyclone Strike to pull everything really close and proc F&R on SC charge monk.
    2. Inner Sanctuary + Shield Glare + Judgement
    3. Main attack to get Assimilation stacks (only 3 hits needed).
    4. Static Charge on different mobs to spread the debuff
    5. Main attack to proc it even more

On the meantime, I spam the other skills that are on 2567. I know, it doesn't sound simple, but u get used to it pretty fast.
    I have a few questions on the key setup
    1) Are you never using EP or the mantra on the SC monk? or when you don't name a character, is that a straight broadcast?
    2) I am having horrible sync issues with this build, I'm guessing that you hold down shift a lot to avoid this?
    3) Is your mouse macro:ed to auto cast 2,5,6,7?
    Last edited by Perrigrin : 11-18-2015 at 07:00 AM
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Perrigrin View Post
    I have a few questions on the key setup
    1) Are you never using EP or the mantra on the SC monk? or when you don't name a character, is that a straight broadcast?
    2) I am having horrible sync issues with this build, I'm guessing that you hold down shift a lot to avoid this?
    3) Is your mouse macro:ed to auto cast 2,5,6,7?
    1. Yes I never use EP. I just rely on the Uliana's 2 piece set bonus for EP. Yes, I know there are "tricks" to get more damage from EP but I don't really care, Uliana's makes it simple. Remember your damage is based on how much spirit u have and applying EP manually can be negative. I use Mantra of Transgression on the SC monk. The active effect of MoT is completely useless. I just need the passive 10% IAS. I do spam Mantra of Healing on the heal monk every second.
    2. Always. I never attack without holding shift and that has nothing to do with this setup. Ever since I started multiboxing, I learned it was the best way to avoid dsyncs and now I'm used to it. Even playing solo, I hold shift when attacking. With this setup, I rarely dsync, even with the SC monk teleporting a little here and there, its very easy to teleport him back to the party. If I dsync, Wings of Angels helps rsync in a second, so not an issue.
    3. Yes.

Also, forgot to mention I move around with FORCE MOVE. I don't click to move at all. I only click to attack and that's always done with SHIFT. I have force move on my SPACE BAR so I move my party just by pointing where I wanna go and holding space, never clicking on the ground. If I want to attack, I release space and shift + click on targets. Move again? release shift+click and press space. That pretty much removes dsyncs because u never move with clicks on the ground. Clicking on the ground causes most dsyncs cause not all chars are positioned EXACTLY on the map and not all see the exact same content (mobs may not be seen in the exact place for each char, loot on the ground, etc.).

I only get little dsyncs with the SC monk because of the short teleports from FoT but are easy to fix.
    Last edited by Devile : 11-18-2015 at 01:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    3. Yes.
    nm figured it out
    Last edited by Perrigrin : 11-19-2015 at 10:50 AM
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

I have a question, I guess using a second generator like WotHF is supposed to be dashing out more damage since it attacks faster than FoT?
    But I feel like when i hold down on WotHF it deals out much less dmg than when I hold down on FoT, whether it is a large group of mobs or a single
    single target like the RG. Am I missing something? And btw, thank you so much for this setup, your key maps made all the difference!
    Sincere regards// Marik