Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Coming soon to the PTR: Patch 6.2.3 Preview.

Looks like we got a bit a catch up before the xpac to get all the last stuff that you might of not to around to box yet.

The post is at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...iew-10-14-2015

HighLights:
    • As all boxers love them so much be fun to go back! - Cataclysm dungeons are getting Timewalking: Grim Batol, Stonecore, Lost City of Tol’vir, The Vortex Pinnacle, Throne of Tides, and End Time.
    • Some more wotlk dungons to play around with: Pit of Saron and Magister’s Terrace are also getting Timewalking.
    • An Infinite Dragonflight mount (Infinite Timereaver) has a chance to drop from any Timewalking dungeon boss.
    • Maybe a few boxers could join up and try some Cross-Realm Mythic Raiding will be enabled.
    • Easy gearing have come back with Valor It is earned from Heroic and Mythic Dungeons, various Bonus Events, and your first Raid Finder run each week!.
    • Mythic dungeons will be the most lucrative source of Valor.
    • This could be kinda cool as Heirlooms are BOA now! Maybe they be doing rungs like they did in MOP to get the weps with gold. seems like you get a free mount as well! Mythic dungeons can drop a Heirloom Trinket that will scale to level 110.
    • Items can be upgraded by 10 item levels.
    • Defeating Archimonde on Heroic difficulty or higher will reward the Grove Warden mount (for a limited time)!
    • Mythic Warforged items can be even higher item level now, anywhere from 685 to 725 in five item-level increments.
    • Baleful items can also be higher item level, anywhere from level 655 all the way to 695.
    • Warlords Season 3 is coming, with Warmongering Aspirant gear at PvP item level 715, Warmongering Combatant gear at 730, and Warmongering Gladiator gear at 740.

Anyone got anything to say?

Good job i nerver removed valor points form Jamba.

I'm getting a piece of 670 gear per toon from garrisons about every 2 days. The Valor from Heroics seems interesting. I'm still getting back into the swing of things after several months of break; may have to look into the timewalking stuff.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Really excited they're adding Timewalking dungeons. I've not started boxing WoW again yet, but I've had a blast running these solo

Looks like we need to do Mythics for the best stuff, and I can't down a single boss in any dungeon on Mythic. Heroics are easy mode though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Looks like we need to do Mythics for the best stuff, and I can't down a single boss in any dungeon on Mythic. Heroics are easy mode though.
    Is it encounter dynamics or not enough DPS problems you're having?

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    Is it encounter dynamics or not enough DPS problems you're having?
    DPS. I'm pushing 12k-14k in the charts and others at my iLevel tell me they're doing 25k.

There are possibly additional mechanics on the bosses, read a few contradictory posts about it. But I think its mostly just really tough. I will probably need to be pushing 700 iLevel before I could do much in there.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    DPS. I'm pushing 12k-14k in the charts and others at my iLevel tell me they're doing 25k.

There are possibly additional mechanics on the bosses, read a few contradictory posts about it. But I think its mostly just really tough. I will probably need to be pushing 700 iLevel before I could do much in there.
    My problem was always DPS, I never could get my macros or setup to perform very well. Can only imagine it's harder these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    My problem was always DPS, I never could get my macros or setup to perform very well. Can only imagine it's harder these days.
    Not necessarily harder, IMO, just that there's such a HUGE gap between entry-level epics at ~645 and the raid stuff up over 700. Maybe it's the same as always but seems to be such a much larger scale to me.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I love the Timewalking stuff. I didn't start boxing until WOTLK before quitting WOW at the beginning of CATA and restarting 5 months before MoP ended. So I basically only had boxed WOTLK at level. Brings back memories doing the WOTLK timewalking and seeing what it would have been like to box other expansions.

After gearing up 8 toons solo to around IL 700 and now pushing 680+ on my new team that I've only leveled up a couple of weeks ago. I've picked up a few tricks for rapid gearing. I don't raid hardcore because I have too many characters. But you don't have to raid to get to high IL.

When you first ding 100 do the shipyard quest for sure to get to Tanaan. Baleful gear drops like candy from rares, which are plentiful, and also chests. You will get baleful items very rapidly from chests. You can literally bare minimum get a full set of 650-675 gear in a day. Doing a few bonus areas doesn't hurt to fill gear gaps with apexis crystals. Having flying unlocked will make everything vastly faster.

Every day go kill the 3 rares @ Highmaul in Nagrand. You will probably get 1 empowered apexis (worth 20k apexis) that will upgrade your gear to 695.

Kill Kazzak every week for a chance at free 705+ gear. I've went straight from heirloom capes/crap wrists to 705 replacements in 1 kill.

Lastly Timewalking is an easy way to instantly gear your guys. But you'll be replacing it with baleful which is infinitely easier to get- so it's up to you. Luckily the gear isn't that expensive and you can get a whole set from that 500 coin reward for doing your first Timewalking dungeon.

P.S.
    Crafted gear is dirt cheap now.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

I'm glad that I farmed full arena gear on two teams just 2 weeks ago in 10 hour sessions

(wasted time)^2

I hope that we get some good balancing patches atleast too
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 10-16-2015 at 09:19 AM