Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Default IsBoxer Loot system for WoW

This started as an experiment to find the easiest way to loot in WoW, those darn Apexisis crystals in Tanaan jungle drive me crazy. Turned out to be very easy, as IsBoxer has everything built-in already, I just had to tinker with settings for awhile.

I now have full control of all loot on each toon from any window. Here is a screenshot.
    Clipboard01.jpg

I added extra buttons, there are accept/cancel buttons below each individual loot window, and another accept all/cancel buttons to do everyone at once. I added commands to load the menus and the video source set to an IWT key, it works very well.

It works with IWT, Fetch glyph, and Loot-a-rang. It handles the "are you sure" BtA messages and loot rolls. It works with any party order or size. And its very obvious if someone didn't get to loot from an "object busy" message.

It does not slow down looting at all, actually seems faster. (Couldn't make a video to show how quick it is, it only recorded the game window not the VideoFX windows.)

So what do you all think? Worth the effort to continue working on it to polish it up?

I would be very interested in this John.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenmill View Post
    I would be very interested in this John.
    Same. Always interested in better mouse traps.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

This might be alot of reading, but really it wont take you very long to set up. Best part is you only have to set it up once. To add it to your team you just drag the character set down to the menu, to remove it from your team drag it away.

Before Starting
    1. Get a Findle's Loot-a-rang

First step.

1. In WoW settings turn off "Open loot window at mouse".
    2. In Wow settings turn off "Auto-Loot".

Second step. (Instructions for creating VideoFX)

1. Loot something and create a Video FX Source over the loot bag.
    2. Repeat for each toon.
    3. Use the "Save As" feature to save the set as "Auto"

Third step. (Instructions for creating VideoFX)
    1. Add 4 Video FX Viewers using the names you created in the second step.
    2. Set Repeater Pass through to Yes.
    3. Repeat for each toon.
    4. Use the "Save As" feature to save the set as "Loot"

Fourth step.

1. Back to IsBoxer. Make a copy of your current loot keybind.
    2. Add a VideoFX Action to the keybind that loads the video set "Loot" you created in step 3.
    3. Add a second step and add a VideoFX Action that loads the video set "Auto"

Break Time
    You now have a basic working loot system, go ahead and test it out and play around with it.

Fifth step.
    The following are the various macros you may or may not need to use, depending on how you loot. Add them to IsBoxer if you wish.
    # Turn Auto-Loot on and off
    /script if GetCVar("autoLootDefault") == "1" then SetCVar("autoLootDefault", "0"); print("Autoloot Off"); else SetCVar("autoLootDefault", "1"); print("Autoloot On"); end

# Close the loot window
    /run CloseLoot()

# Accept all loot and any BtA message.
    /run LootSlot(1)
    /run LootSlot(2)
    /run LootSlot(3)
    /run LootSlot(4)
    /run LootSlot(5)
    /run LootSlot(6)
    /run LootSlot(7)
    /run LootSlot(8)
    /run LootSlot(9)
    /click StaticPopup1Button1

# Loot-a-Rang
    /cast Findle's Loot-a-rang

Final Step (Instructions for creating menu buttons)

You need an Accept and Cancel button for each toon, plus an additional Accept and Cancel button for all.

The Accept buttons sends the Accept All macro to each individual slot, and the Cancel button sends the CloseLoot macro to each individual slot. And the two additional Accept/Cancel buttons send the macros to everyone.

Settings

The fastest possible way to loot.
    Turn Auto-Loot ON, set group-loot to "Free for all". Get a Findle's Loot-a-rang. Have your loot keybind execute a step when "pressed OR released". The first step opens your VideoFX/Menus and loots, the second step closes your VideoFX/Menus using a Timer Action set for 3 seconds, same as Findle's Loot-a-rang cooldown.

After you hit your loot keybind, you can spam click the accept all macro.

Most versatile way to loot.
    Turn Auto-Loot OFF, set group-loot to "Free for all". Have your loot keybind execute a step when "released (default)". The first step opens your VideoFX/Menus and loots, the second step closes your VideoFX/Menus. This is how I usually use it, you use your mouse to loot everything. Its still very fast since you have the "accept all" button to spam click.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 10-22-2015 at 03:58 PM Reason: work in progress

Very cool!
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

I did it!!! Found the fastest possible way to loot in WoW.

At least I think I did. Anyone that farms alot, especially crystals and quest items that drop for all toons, please take a look at the video and tell me what you think.

No more spamming your loot key and watching chat to make sure everyone has looted. Every toon loots every time and you're sure they have. I am guestimating I spend 1/3rd less time looting now. You kill stuff, loot, and move on without hardly a pause.

I have auto-loot ON and use a two step loot macro activated when "pressed OR released".
    First step loads the VideoFX viewers and menus and uses Findle's Loot-a-Rang macro.
    The second step unloads the viewers and menus on a Timer Action set for 3 seconds.

3 seconds happens to be the cooldown on Findle's Loot-a-Rang, so if your toons have not looted by the time the VideoFX viewers close, then you know you are able to hit your loot macro again.

Now its a pleasant experience to farm the apexis crystal stuff. Let me know if you see room for improvement.

Last edited by JohnGabriel : 10-22-2015 at 09:56 PM Reason: updated video

Interesting. Still cannot find Findle's Loot-a-Rangs on my server, even over the weekend. /wrists
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

very very cool

Nice!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I like it.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology