Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default New Build: Mostly Finished

It's been quite a long time, but here it is in its current form...

Original Post______________________________________________

Well, it's been about two years since I pieced my last computer together, and now I guess it's time for another one. I released sort of a teaser video today, but there will be more details to come later next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMTdkyWNV-o
    Last edited by MiRai : 05-24-2016 at 07:44 PM Reason: Updated Thread
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

should it not be "soom™"

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    should it not be "soom™"
    I've run into some compatibility issues, so there may be some delays.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I've run into some compatibility issues, so there may be some delays.
    A few delays was an understatement, but here's the build in its current form...

looks good i love red!

Funny how it almost always boils down to thermal efficiency.

I remember having to spray prototype 3DFX, S3 and ATI GPUs with freeze spray during evaluation testing. Never did have that problem with Matrox or NVidia. Was damned funny to be trucking along in a 2D video test and see the entire machine just freeze; spray it with a little freeze spray and it would pick back up again for a bit.

I like the case, though I cringe at the dust management.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

You look to young to have a Sega Genesis emulator. Do you play Shadowrun?

Beautiful work on your video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Funny how it almost always boils down to thermal efficiency.
    This is my first attempt at any sort of water setup (CPU only), and I'm liking the results. That's why the next step forward is going to me putting everything under custom water. Doing so is a bit restrictive when it comes to upgrading, and that was why I initially didn't choose to do that with the GPUs, but I think I'll be okay because I have GPUs which should last me at least another year. I don't think I'd put the GPUs under a 'complex' water loop (which couldn't be re-used) if I was expecting to change them out in only a few months.

I remember having to spray prototype 3DFX, S3 and ATI GPUs with freeze spray during evaluation testing. Never did have that problem with Matrox or NVidia. Was damned funny to be trucking along in a 2D video test and see the entire machine just freeze; spray it with a little freeze spray and it would pick back up again for a bit.
    This sounds like tech support from just before my time.

I like the case, though I cringe at the dust management.
    I honestly thought it'd be a bit better in the dust department, because I have a Silverstone FT02-B Fortress case, which also sucks air from underneath and blows it up and out, but I think the fact that everything is completely open allows the dust to get into things a bit easier. However, because it's so open it does make cleaning everything just that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    You look to young to have a Sega Genesis emulator. Do you play Shadowrun?
    I've actually never played Shadowrun, and I'm glad that people watching my videos think I look younger than I actually am. All this working out and trying to stay semi-active seems to be paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Beautiful work on your video.
    Thanks. i was worried the overly sarcastic bits would turn people off, and I almost re-recorded the video because of that, but in the end I just decided to release it in its current form, and if people don't like my sarcasm then people don't like my sarcasm. /shrug

Personally I was surprised you didn't check out your FPS for Quake..... Probably could have got like 5000FPS........ on that 60Hz TV of yours..

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I honestly thought it'd be a bit better in the dust department, because I have a Silverstone FT02-B Fortress case, which also sucks air from underneath and blows it up and out, but I think the fact that everything is completely open allows the dust to get into things a bit easier. However, because it's so open it does make cleaning everything just that much easier.
    That's a good point.

Further comment: cable management being what it is in most of my cases, I think I'd rather have that open architecture even if you have to figure it out on your own.

All that aside, it really is a pretty build. One I'm sure would look right at home in some big sweepstakes PC giveaway.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)