Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Post Posting of a video using isboxer v.2 is considered "advertising"

I thought you guys would enjoy this little conversation I had with CCCP.

First I posted a forum post showing Mirai's video of the dramatic improvement in is boxer 2.0 in launching clients.

It was removed stating a lack of contents by one of the IOC members.

Ok fine I then reposted it later adding some specific text on what was improved and how fast the new launch times were.

That post gets removed because it was stated that it was a repost which really threw me off. So I submit a ticket to the GM's asking for clarification and this is their response.

( sounds to me like they are grasping for straws trying to find the justification)

CCP xxxxx (EVE Online Customer Support)
    Oct 6, 17:44

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this.

Your post was regarded as advertising, and as such it was closed.

All the best,

CCP xxxx

Well, to be fair, I don't think Blizzard allows much of any outside advertising on their forum either. People who advertise things like their streams in the higher traffic forums generally get their thread locked or deleted, and only those who are hosting Blizzard-related PvP tournaments or charity streams are the ones that survive, but it really comes down to the CM/moderator's discretion.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

And it didn't occur to you that after your post was removed the first time that re-posting it would yield similar results? And why do you feel the need to spam the official forums with isboxer anyway? Anyone who still uses it likely frequents this site or isboxer forums. The only one grasping at straws is you.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 10-08-2015 at 02:46 AM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

If the point of you sending them the video was that, yes launch times are faster, what were you trying to achieve? I'd love it if they brought back ISBoxer to eve, i might even resub to like 16 accounts or open 4 more to make it an even 20.
    Don't think just because a 3rd party program launches their game faster is going to prompt a response other than advertisement to CCP or any game company

Look at the posts of Pyfa and EFT in the tools subforum on EVE, and then make an identical post but with ISBoxer. Make sure you don't break any rules and make sure you don't talk about Nov25 unless someone brings it up. ISBoxer is a tool just like any other program that is used in EVE, even though CCP is scared of it and doesn't understand how it works.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Look at the posts of Pyfa and EFT in the tools subforum on EVE, and then make an identical post but with ISBoxer. Make sure you don't break any rules and make sure you don't talk about Nov25 unless someone brings it up. ISBoxer is a tool just like any other program that is used in EVE, even though CCP is scared of it and doesn't understand how it works.
    Well, its their forum. If they don't want an ISboxer post then they are well within their means to delete it.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Well, its their forum. If they don't want an ISboxer post then they are well within their means to delete it.
    Then it'd be just more proof that CCP is biased against ISBoxer.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Then it'd be just more proof that CCP is biased against ISBoxer.
    Are you implying their position is irrational?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Are you implying their position is irrational?
    CCP? Yes, I have been since November 25th. Perhaps you were asleep for the past year?

CCP? Yes, I have been since November 25th. Perhaps you were asleep for the past year?
    Just making sure that horse was still the same dead one you've been beating on and not some new one that just looked pretty similar.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)