Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default EQ2: Who wants to go to prison?

Im not sure what to think. >> Prison Server

Part of me finds the idea..well interesting? If you get caught cheating, you get sent to a server where you can cheat all you want?! I'm just wondering if multiboxers will be sent there lol
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Im not sure what to think. >> Prison Server

Part of me finds the idea..well interesting? If you get caught cheating, you get sent to a server where you can cheat all you want?! I'm just wondering if multiboxers will be sent there lol
    That's really interesting. I like the idea of grouping the troublemakers but the entire point of MMOs is to play with your friends so this seems opposite of that. I'd be pretty upset if I was moved off my primary server w/ friends to another server without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    That's really interesting. I like the idea of grouping the troublemakers but the entire point of MMOs is to play with your friends so this seems opposite of that. I'd be pretty upset if I was moved off my primary server w/ friends to another server without them.
    I can see people actively desiring to play there as it opens up some interesting toys to fiddle with. Of course, being on the same server as hacks means necessarily it will impact certain things like markets for certain consumables. Then again, maybe things will be so cheap there that it'd be easier in some aspects.

Makes me wonder, though: since you can /petition to get sent there, would it be the most populated server in the game? Frankly, with all the cheats and hacks open to be (ab)used there, it's a brilliant idea for getting people to show you how to spot exploit behavior; conversely, Big Data trends would probably be flip-flopped there, making spotting anomalies through trend-mapping more difficult.

As you say, pretty interesting.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I have a feeling it WILL be the most populated server. We will know when they have to open more prison servers lol!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I don't like to start false rumors, but I tuned into the EQ Livestream on Twitch today and literally caught the last two sentences to an unknown question about boxing. The sentences I remember were "you have to have boxes to box, using things like ISBoxer and MQ won't work. That's all were discussing on boxing." They then talked about how there will be instancing so people don't have to deal with "bot armies" and being able to do content on their own schedules and not have to compete with boxers. About twenty minutes later during a summary, the lady again brought up that they are implementing a hardware detection against software boxing.

I can't believe that these guys are in charge of an mmo. Either ban boxing or GTFO of my way.

Okay, vod is up. http://www.twitch.tv/everquestlive/v/18681701 Apparently they are going to launch a No Box server, not implement some anti-boxing policy. It's at the 47 minute mark.

They are launching a new EQ TLP server this winter at some point and implementing both instancing in the beginning expansions and also limited the ability to multibox.

I don't think EQ has a healthy enough population without boxers though and don't see that server doing too well. All it seems it will do is siphon players from the already existing new TLP servers, further fractioning the playerbase.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Yeah, EQ needs a complete overhaul of the development team. I'm not sure if you watched that vod or not, but when they were asked about changes and content players have been asking for, the whole group of them put on the "hurr-durr giggle" faces and said they had better things to do like put in more cats than new epic storylines or quests.