Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: M6 Add-On

Default M6 Add-On

This seems to be a particularly interesting add-on for creating macros with. It was created by the author of OPie and MasterPlan, and was released earlier today.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/m6x

https://www.townlong-yak.com/m6/
    https://www.townlong-yak.com/m6/conditionals
    https://www.townlong-yak.com/m6/macros
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Here are some conditionals I consider special.

moving
    We can check in a macro if our follow is broken.

ready
    We can check if spell is off cooldown, no more castsequence hangs

have (also known and level)
    I don't know what I'd use it for, but you can make class macros in isboxer that work for any level if you can check for items.

So yeah I would try this, bet its most useful for PvP teams.

Indeed, as well as /qsequence:
    /qsequence can be used to run through a comma-separated list of spells/items, each execution triggering the next entry on the list. Unlike /castsequence, it does not support reset=, and always advances to the next entry on the list, regardless of whether the current spell/item was successfully used.
    It seems to do the same thing as GnomeSequencer in that sense.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Seems very good indeed and will definitely help with some of the fine tuning I've been trying to do to my PVE team. I do also like that it's actually configured ingame instead hopping in and out the game to edit a file like with Gnomesequencer.

Someone should slap Lax around to add in these special conditionals to ISBoxer's built-in macro helper. I'm sure foxlit would be nice enough to just let him borrow the Lua code, so it should be an easy copy and paste. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Someone should slap Lax around to add in these special conditionals to ISBoxer's built-in macro helper. I'm sure foxlit would be nice enough to just let him borrow the Lua code, so it should be an easy copy and paste. >_>
    i was looking at the code for "special conditionals" but there not really that special there more conditionals and its like why has no-one done this before!

Anyone have any luck using M6? Also, if you load the M6 addon, can you place the M6 Macro text in an ISBoxer WoW Macro?

The [flag] conditional looks very powerful.

[flag] is interesting because it provides you with memory in the conditional environment, allowing macros to change each other's behaviour in a very flexible way.

A limited equivalent exists in the default set of conditionals as well: the [bar:1/2/.../6]conditional can have its state modified using the /changeactionbar command; you could think of this as a miniature flag, limited to taking one of six values. Depending on which action bar is active, a macro could then choose to do different things. [flag]basically provides an unlimited number similar conditionals, each of which can be set to any number of values.

/qsequence A, B, C is in some sense a special case of [flag] and /cast; it could instead be written as:
    /cast [noflag:foo] A; [flag:foo=1] B; C
    /cycleflag foo=3

Which is overkill if all you're trying to get is /qsequence, but allows you to manipulate the sequence state directly instead of requiring it to always advance: you could make the sequence advance only when you press a different button, have a third button run the sequence in reverse, or skip some parts of the sequence if you're not in an arena, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    [flag] is interesting because it provides you with memory in the conditional environment, allowing macros to change each other's behaviour in a very flexible way.

A limited equivalent exists in the default set of conditionals as well: the [bar:1/2/.../6]conditional can have its state modified using the /changeactionbarcommand; you could think of this as a miniature flag, limited to taking one of six values. Depending on which action bar is active, a macro could then choose to do different things. [flag]basically provides an unlimited number similar conditionals, each of which can be set to any number of values.

/qsequence A, B, C is in some sense a special case of [flag] and /cast; it could instead be written as:
    /cast [noflag:foo] A; [flag:foo=1] B; C
    /cycleflag foo=3

Which is overkill if all you're trying to get is /qsequence, but allows you to manipulate the sequence state directly instead of requiring it to always advance: you could make the sequence advance only when you press a different button, have a third button run the sequence in reverse, or skip some parts of the sequence if you're not in an arena, and so on.
    We need translation for this post, STAT!