Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Mouse repeater region issue

Hi guys,

Well I am getting my ISboxer set up and having a weird issue. From the lead window I set up my repeater regions but the regions won't work from the lead window. They do work from the slave windows. I have tried several combinations if not all options and it just won't work. So I am just putting my lead in a slave position and it works fine from there. It would be great to get it working normally though.

I know it's something i'm doing wrong or missing.

Running Windows 10 on a brand new PC. I can give you all my specs if needed.

Thanks! -Jinkobi
    Last edited by jinkobi : 09-23-2015 at 09:07 AM Reason: need coffee
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

Your ISboxer profile , and a copy of the ISboxer.Regions.CHARSET.CHARNAME.xml from the InnerSpace/Scripts folder would be better than the specs of your PC. It is more likely the issue will be in those.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    Your ISboxer profile , and a copy of the ISboxer.Regions.CHARSET.CHARNAME.xml from the InnerSpace/Scripts folder would be better than the specs of your PC. It is more likely the issue will be in those.
    My profile is just the defaults from the quick setup wizard in ISBoxer. I will finish off my 5th toon today and will finally have a full team and can investigate it more seriously.

I know it's something I'm doing wrong or option I'm missing. Luckily I can work around it by using my slave window. I set the regions up from my lead and it works in my slave.

I also found that my WOW folder had been right protected. So I unprotected it and that cleared up a few other issues I'd been having non-ISBoxer related. Will let you guys know if I get things worked out today with a full team.

Things sure have changed in ISBoxer since 5 years ago, WOW! Lax sure hasn't been relaxing! Some things are neat but I must admit that I feel locked in to a certain method using the key maps. I never was a big fan of keymaps and just wouldn't bind keys on my slaves and keybroadcast.

Is the ability to just broadcast keys still in ISBoxer without also broadcasting the mouse? I liked my old method of being able to keybroadcast and mousebroadcast separately on the fly.

Once I settle on a solid ISboxer profile I'll paste it. But like I mentioned it is just a straight up Quick Wizard profile with nothing special.

The button overlay is kind of cool but it decided to randomly switch my buttons around! And no I wasn't moving buttons and mousebroadcasting either. Just odd.

My mouse repeater region problem still persists from my lead window. I put my tank in a slave window and it works from there. But I am experiencing incredible mouse lag in the mouse region.

Ah well we all know how it goes and it takes some time to get the kinks worked out. I did manage to do the holiday boss and messed around killing regular Everbloom trash. Will keep you guys updated- any input is always welcome. Maybe somebody else had the same problem out there.

You can setup mapped keys that broadcast. You could also modify, or copy and modify, the Always On -> Activate Repeat mapped key to do only keyboard repeat. This would just be the adjustment of a tick box on one of the actions.

The overlay menu would not switch any of your in game skills hotbars around at all. The only thing it does is broadcast Assist Me to the slave toons and 1 to = to all toons, depending on which button you press or if you use the keyboard keys 1 to =. Theres no changing of anything in game to it. As usually moving skills on action bars requires mouse, I cant say how this would be achieved if using the overlay menu, as the mouse would be trapped by the menu and not even be able to click directly on the in game action bar in order to do a drag/drop.

Finally, your repeater issue is starting to sound like a multi computer issue. Are you using multiple computers? Normally there is only lag in the repeater region because you end up with two regions fighting for control of the mouse, so when you move the mouse in the repeater region, the other controlling repeater region says, no the mouse is not there, it is over here and it ends up looking like lag, but it is really two different regions thinking they are in control. This may also occur if you are broadcasting the mouse.
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 09-25-2015 at 05:28 PM

Thanks Bob!

Well I have toyed around with a few settings and have my repeater regions going from my lead window again. Whew. Looks like it was a small checkbox in the options- make game believe it is foreground. New PC and I'm still learning its ins and outs. It replaced a 7 year old Frankenstein.

I must have moved buttons or unintentionally drug the bar. It also wouldn't be the first time I had WOW do something weird all on its own lol.

After I get a get more comfortable and practiced- I'll see if I can create my own mouse repeater and key repeater hotkeys that are separate. That is definitely one thing that I'd like to have again. I'll just work around it for now.

What I'm realizing is things have changed and my memory has faded. Just have to start from scratch and relearn everything! My biggest pain now will be getting all my slaves through the silver proving ground LOL! I had totally forgot about that crap...

Thanks again!