Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Old time boxer back and rusty

Just wanted to say hi guys. I use to live on this site when I wasn't boxing during WOTLK lol. Quit WOW when Cata came out and started playing again at the end of MoP solo. Been having a blast and leveled up 8 level 100's. Slowly over the months I've been upgrading my old accounts and reactivating them. One more to go before I have a full team of 5 again.

Let me say I feel like a noob that just washed up on a deserted island. I need to relearn so much...

How are people doing things now? I remember one reason I left was the macros became very unboxer friendly in the Cata revamp. I have ISboxer of course!

I'm also having some strange problems as well. In ISboxer my repeater regions won't work from my main window but work fine from the slave windows. So I just placed my lead in a slave position and running from there. But would be nice to get it working right.

Anyway great to be back!
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    How are people doing things now? I remember one reason I left was the macros became very unboxer friendly in the Cata revamp. I have ISboxer of course!
    If you're referring to the timing-based comma macros being "broken" after WotLK, then not much has changed since then and people have adapted. There are plenty of macro threads from WoD in the Macro sub-forum. You can also move to a "Pro" rotation setup.

I'm also having some strange problems as well. In ISboxer my repeater regions won't work from my main window but work fine from the slave windows. So I just placed my lead in a slave position and running from there. But would be nice to get it working right.
    Software-specific help threads should really be broken up (per topic/thread) so that they're easier to search and find for other users, but if you gave your Repeater Region a name, then you should recreate it without a name.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Welcome back to the FRAY!
    May I inquire about your.....

Server Faction and team makeup?

Well the guys and gals here are a persistent bunch. I am pretty sure the macro changes and removal of follow was extremely fun for them to find work arounds for.

Welcome back.

Thanks guys!

Yeah Mir I have to get some eye drops and coffee and read the forum posts for the past few years, heheheh. I'll adapt. If multiboxers are anything they are adaptable.

I am on Shadowsong where I was born and raised since vanilla =) I have a long way to go before I'm good again at boxing. Practice practice! Just like when I first started doing it back in WOTLK. I sucked at first and eventually could do some amazing stuff.

Hey I heard there were addons that reduced all your keys to 1 button?? It was a trade chat discussion of course. They were talking about Arena for dummies which is basically 1 button. Is there anything for PVE like this? Sounds like a great solution for boxers.

Well I will be reading and relearning. Good to be back!

Hey I heard there were addons that reduced all your keys to 1 button?? It was a trade chat discussion of course. They were talking about Arena for dummies which is basically 1 button. Is there anything for PVE like this? Sounds like a great solution for boxers.
    They are probably talking about Gnome Sequencer which is used together with macros from WoW Lazy Macros to create a 1-button macro for you.

I have never used it as the Pro system MiRai linked works so well I have never needed to look for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    They are probably talking about Gnome Sequencer which is used together with macros from WoW Lazy Macros to create a 1-button macro for you.

I have never used it as the Pro system MiRai linked works so well I have never needed to look for anything else.
    That is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Oh my lord this is really awesome. I've reduced my dps team down to one button.

I know ISboxer macros are infinitely better. There is a bit of a learning curve... I honestly tried using them in the past and it wouldn't work perfectly for me. That's why I relied so heavily on castsequences. But that addon will fit my needs perfectly to get up and running sooner than I expected.