Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default melee + range duo

I have been duo boxing 2 delrasha wizards with decent success (can run 45s relatively quickly); But now I got a monk geared on one account and would love to run them together - The monk is currently in a EP+Support build.

This question is not so much about the builds, that I can figure out - But if someone has experience doing 2 very different classes while boxing - Do you have like 1,2,3,4 for one class and q,w,e,r or something for the other? or just spam and hope?
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

Spam and hope? Dont think so, unless u want to get them killed or not be efficient at all

U need to plan your combo and builds, then test them. There are some skills that can "overlap" like buffs. Attack skills are completely different and u need to plan how to make them work with the same keys (if possible) if not, remap them. I try to avoid remapping because it makes it harder to coordinate the more keys u need to press.

Mixing melee and range classes works, but it can be difficult. The easiest way to do is to make the melee pull mobs in melee range, like monks using Cyclone Strike Implosion and only then have your party attack. Otherwise ranged chars will attack without moving while melee will walk to the target causing a lot of dsyncs. The problem with pulling mobs is that ranged chars dont have 30% native damage reduction and they can die if they dont have enough touchness.

Well I can post how I did it for U6+Carnevil+SupBarb+SupMonk I guess. With this I don't even need keymaps.

For proof of concept I did a 60 without ancient weapons and pretty bad gear + xp on the supports with this. I switched the carnevil to a bad hota barb after and then I did 63. But I'll use the carnevil as example since you wanted ranged.

Order is: 1, 2, 3, 4, Left, Right (Sorry for the names, can't be arsed looking up all the skill names)

U6: Blinding for spirit, Agility Mantra, Healing for spirit, SSS, Generator, EP

Carnevil: Suck soul, Piranhas, Dagger fetishes, Grasping Dead, Poison Dart, Voodoo

Support Barb: War Cry (Has cubed chain), Ground stomp (filler), Threatening Shout, Ignore Pain Mob Rule (Has 6 sec belt + full CDR with BK and gogok), Weapon Throw for gogok uptime, Ancients

Support Monk: Blinding, Cyclone, Mantra, Sanctuary, Crippling Wave or Deadly Reach, Mystic Ally

Okay so here's how I played it. Whenever I'm moving I'm just spamming the 1 key like crazy for the war cry movement speed, none of the other skills interrupt movement. When I got to a elite I used hold position and then hit 4 + 3 once and started holding left mouse for generator attacks. Push right mouse for the voodoo and then keep spamming 4 and sometimes 3. If needed hit 2 to pull in stuff.

I made this party up yesterday so I haven't had time to do keymaps but once I do it will rule supreme!
    Last edited by NetQvist : 09-14-2015 at 06:56 AM