Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default New player seeking advice

hi, im new to multibox and there are two areas which i find most difficult to get use to

1: keep character in sync. i read tips on using isoboxer about having the same movement speed, and resync using walls and corners. but still monster affixer like waller and jailer makes it impossible to keep character in sync all the time. once they are out of sync i have to resync them, usually by turning broadcast off, resync, then turn broadcast back on, which is very time consuming

2: looting. this is not problem in greater rift, but in normal rift, i have to keep check multiple screens to make sure i didnt miss a loot and pick them up individually which again slows me down quite a bit

any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you

1) I think this is a common issue for multiboxers, waller jailer, partly frozen can make u caracters desync. What I do is to have seperate keybinds for my caracters like
    screen 1 - a and share space
    Screen 2 - w and share space
    screen 3 - e and share space
    screen 4 - r and share space
    but more experience will make easier for you to adjust to the affixes and resync on corners and smaller objects, I dont see this as a huge issue for me atleast not anymore.
    2) I'm not sure what the rules are on this website and therefor I can't tell you which programs, but there is programs out there that tells you when a legendary drop on your other screen, you can set it the rareity to what you like, but i wont pick up for you.

This is my system (perhaps I'll post my isboxer config, but for now you'll have to figure out on your own how I accomplished this):

F1, F2, F3, F4 switch to the applicable character.

When I press F2-4 (the Alt's F keys) broadcasting is turned OFF. This is because when I would be switching to an Alt I would either be looting or resyncing the one char or closing a menu that only that char has open and wouldn't want broadcasting.

When I press F1, I would want to turn broadcasting back ON, as this is my main. At times I would want to have broadcasting turned OFF on the main, and I have 2 keys: Accent Grave/Tilde will turn OFF broadcasting as long as it is held and turn it ON when it is released. This allows me to click around without broadcasting for small periods of time (such as looting or equipping or moving inventory). I have another (Alt-g) to toggle broadcasting on the main as well, in case I want to chat and don't want to be bothered with holding down Accent Grave.

There are probably other cases you could find to use logic behind turning broadcasting on and off. I recommend you make a Keymap specifically for Hess operations so you can make it run instead of repeating the logic for each key press you want it assigned to.

Also, as a change to the default Wizard setup in Isboxer for d3, you might want to separate mouse broadcasting from Keyboard broadcasting, and instead just use key maps for the skill keys you want broadcasted. Normally, the whole keyboard is broadcasted, but you might not want all of yours to open their inventory when you press C (actually, I do allow this, through a keymap, but I also turn off broadcasting AFTER the 'C' has been broadcasted, so my main can work with the mouse without also manipulating the Alt's inventory).

There are lots of quality of life improvements you can make for yourself.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

1. If it's too annoying, pick a class that has Immunity skills like Barbs with WotB, Monks with Epiphany, Crusaders with Akarat Champion. Also party buffs like Ignore Pain or Wings of Angel. And even if the class doesn't have something like that, they have a escape mechanism like Spirit Walk or Smoke Screen. Besides skills, u can always use corners to resync. No need to go thru the trouble of disabling broadcast. Eventually u get used to resync with objects and map layout.

2. I've used those programs and they ALL suck. Dont waste your time with them. They are all buggy as hell and u willl lose loot for sure. Eventually u fully trust the program and never double check, making u leave quite a few drops. Just enable sound and look your minimaps before changing maps. It was annoying at first, but then u get used and its fairly simple to do. I also have VideoFX for my other minimaps to the left of my main screen minimap.

There are 3 small minimaps to the left of the main screen minimap. Those are the other 3 chars minimaps. Whenever I hear the legendary drop sound, I can easily see which account has the drop. Just make sure Options, Sound, Play in Background is checked.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-13-2015 at 03:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    1. If it's too annoying, pick a class that has Immunity skills like Barbs with WotB, Monks with Epiphany, Crusaders with Akarat Champion. Also party buffs like Ignore Pain or Wings of Angel. And even if the class doesn't have something like that, they have a escape mechanism like Spirit Walk or Smoke Screen. Besides skills, u can always use corners to resync. No need to go thru the trouble of disabling broadcast. Eventually u get used to resync with objects and map layout.

2. I've used those programs and they ALL suck. Dont waste your time with them. They are all buggy as hell and u willl lose loot for sure. Eventually u fully trust the program and never double check, making u leave quite a few drops. Just enable sound and look your minimaps before changing maps. It was annoying at first, but then u get used and its fairly simple to do. I also have VideoFX for my other minimaps to the left of my main screen minimap.

There are 3 small minimaps to the left of the main screen minimap. Those are the other 3 chars minimaps. Whenever I hear the legendary drop sound, I can easily see which account has the drop. Just make sure Options, Sound, Play in Background is checked.

Devile - Can you please help with the mini maps! love this idea and don't know how to make this work.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
    Devile - Can you please help with the mini maps! love this idea and don't know how to make this work.

Steve
    It is using ISBoxer's VideoFX capabilities (you can liken it to Picture-In-Picture).

Search (google) ISBoxer VideoFX Setup. There is a tutorial from MiRai.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

I made a hotkey (Shift + <) to enable and disable my videofx maps, I use a bit bigger versions myself in a 2x2 square next to the original map with each map being 50% in size and a hole in the layout for whatever player is active. I really recommend making your maps toggleable, they are quite useless when you are sorting your inventories or doing greater rifts.

http://pastebin.com/rTrTjyse

I'm unsure if this helps but it's the xml configuration for my mapped key, of course the targets are all incorrect for your own config but I've calculated the distances and sizes for 1080p. If the resolution differs the maps will end up in the wrong spot.

This is what mine look like
    http://i.imgur.com/Xp3fYbc.jpg?1
    Last edited by NetQvist : 09-28-2015 at 05:50 AM

I use the slot in the top-right of my second monitor for the minimaps. I have my Alts in the Bottom Left, and Top Left and Right Corners. I don't find I need to actually look at their screens very often, anyways. When I push Tab (and it opens the map for all toons), I put all 4 of these maps in the Top-Left corner of the second monitor. Pressing Tab, Escape or Clicking puts the minimaps back.

Lokked