Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default what do you guys do at lvl cap?

heya folks long time lurker first time poster

so i have been looking to do multiboxing for a while now and now that i have the hardware i order i was wondering what do you guys do at lvl cap i was thinking of doing pvp but blizzard threw a spanner in that (yes yes i know you can jerry-rig it to sorta work but if blizzard is working against us in BG/asheran then i don't wanna do it in the first place) so what do you guys do? in my optic most raids are solo-ble so no need for multiboxing to run them arenas are kinda ok i guess but seems a bit dull in the long run
    Last edited by Purp : 09-10-2015 at 11:54 AM

From a WoD point of view start a new chars.... up to 60 100's now

there is a "lot" to do but i would not call it fun so i just don't do it.

if not i do bg's solo or arena.

jeez you're quick to respond i didn't even get to edit and spell check my post before i got a replay

Yea I dont have that many @100 but I do have in the neighborhood of 24, finaly getting garrisons lined out and all in order so they are almost sustaining themselves gold wise. + a Heroic raid or two clear.

Blog Entries

When I played, I used to do a combination of pvp (mostly battlegrounds, in 40s premades with a mix of boxers and single players), dailies for gold (the ones that were boxing friendly... mostly kill stuff types), and the odd instance here or there. Also leveled up other teams, to have more toons at maximum level, as you never know when something is going to change and you'd like to try a new combination whether due to an integral part of your team has been nerfed or another combination emerges that would rock.

Trade skills is another option for gold. Alchemy had a series of once a day transmutes, where the base material cost a certain amount and the result cost a bit more, so a player could make a few hundred gold in the click of a button. My army of transmutes (had 46 toons who could do the top transmute) essentially generated free gold, with a mass broadcast of the mouse over the transmute button. Each season, the game typically has a transmute you can do. The pursuit of gold is its' own game too.

Taking a combination that isn't necessarily orthodox, and making it work can be fun too. One of my sets was healing druids, who didn't contribute a whole lot towards killing the enemy, but they certainly made it difficult for others to die around them. Leveling them was a little painful at times, as was gearing them for pvp (at the start, a single max (same level as them) toon, could destroy the entire group)... but as the honor pieces started to accumulate, and it wasn't that long of a process, quickly multiple groups of characters could not take my five out, and anyone who decided to kill stuff near me was basically immune to death as they destroyed the opposition. Players generally like you, when you're helping them by keeping them alive.

If you like to experiment or if you'd like to share what you're doing, consider streaming your play for the enjoyment of others. I was on a twitch.tv (a free service you can stream to) and greatly enjoyed watching what others were doing, and not just for the game I was playing currently.

One thing to consider, make a team or teams (or transfer an entire team, or possibly a booster/seed character and do Recruit a Friend on the new server), and play with other boxers. Basically nothing was more fun, in the context of World of Warcraft than being in the same guild as a lot of boxers... most nights, there were five or six other boxers online, and doing things with others is what makes the game. Long live <The Zerg>!
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    40s premades with a mix of boxers and single players)
    that nostalgia

When I played I was either doing pvp, farming gold, or doing achievements. Didn't delve much into the pet battles. Honestly there is so much stuff in WoW at this point im surprised you could ever run out of things to do (whether they are enjoyable is another matter entirely)
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.