Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Multiboxing 4x Witch Doctors: Angry Chicken patch 2.3

Intro
    When I first started playing D3, back on vanilla, I picked Witch Doctor since it was the closest to a Necromancer, my favorite Diablo 2 class. Got bored of them fairly quickly since pets sucked back then so I tried other classes. Eventually I saw Inigo's stream and fell in love with multiboxing. The first class I tried because it had obvious advantages compared to the rest was WDs, but eventually I was forced to go with other classes because of the underwhelming damage, retarded pet AI, FPS lag, etc.

Patch 2.3 added a lot of changes to the game and improved WDs by adding a completely new set, the Arachyr's set, and improving the Manajuma's. I decided to give WDs another try on Season 4 since its probably the least geared class I had and there's 0 motivation to chose other class because of the lack of decent Season 4 exclusive legendaries. After trying WDs for over a week, I'm very happy with them. For the first time in ... FOREVER, I enjoy playing WDs. Actually it's quite fun now. I think there's a right balance between pets and self damage, and some build diversity.

This build is focused exclusively on speedfarming T7-10, bounties and keywardens. This build is not good for pushing Greater Rifts. Arachyr set won't get u past GR55. U will hit a wall very fast. For high GR, the Helltooth set is your only choice right now.

The build
    This is gonna be a short post thanks to D3planner This build is a work in progress and there's a ton of things to test and may not be right:

http://www.d3planner.com/997659620

Basically u go with Arachyr's 6 piece set and Manajuma's weapon and mojo. This should give you crazy fast movement speed and very good burst damage. It's so fast that it needs some time to get used to multibox 4 chars without dsyncs cause it can be hard to control.

I'm going with Wormwood, Quetzalcoatl and CoE in cube for huge AoE damage. U can probably go with The Furnace and Leoric Crown, but eventho that will kill elites faster, trash may not die that fast and u will be forced to move a lot more or simply skip small packs and focus only on large packs of mobs. Wormwood + Pestilence rune can clear a whole screen without casting a single skill and also kill a lot of stuff off screen. Very useful if you are farming greater rift keys and u want the highest number of keys per hour.

Not using In-Geom either cause it relies too much on elites density and when there are none, or u stop to loot u lose the buff (4 accounts take a while) making In-Geom useless. I rather have something more consistent that always adds value to your farming.

I haven't tested if Creeping Death adds damage to the build, but I think adding Locust Swarm damage to shoulders, chest and mojo are prolly a good idea.

Gems I use: BotT, Toxin and Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard. T7+ u really need 1 defensive gem or u will die every now and then.

Gameplay
    Is not that straight forward since I'm not focusing on CDR to have 100% uptime of your Hex. I rather combine Hex Angry Chicken with Spirit Walk to keep moving fast and not die in case u don't 1 shot an elite pack. The idea is to use Angry Chicken to nuke a pack and if they don't die instantly, Spirit walk, cast Soul Harvest, cast Plague of Toads and Haunt to proc your F&R to finish them or reset your cooldown killing trash for Hex to come back up and nuke them again. Basically rely entirely on Grave Injustice to reset your cooldown and use Hex to move from pack to pack, nuke, Spirit walk to escape from danger or just wait til Hex is available and repeat the sequence.

Since the cooldown mechanic for Spirit walk was changed, I don't use them both at the same time, or at least I try not to, because killing trash while in Spirit walk won't reset the cooldown. That's why it's important to wait until it's over to use your nuke so Spirit walk is available right after that.

Here's a quick video of a T8 Rift. Can't do fast T10 yet cause I'm low on paragon and don't have a single ancient weapon.

Since Arachyr's 6 piece bonus increases by 800% the damage of your creature skills, Locust Swarm and Plague of Toads hit extremely hard. Angry Chicken can 1 shot elites depending on your gear and F&R proc. If u time your CoE and hit when it's on poison + F&R, u can even 1 shot the RG.

Some considerations. I have 1 WD using Hwoj Wrap belt to keep everything slowed by 80% which instantly procs your BotT for the whole screen and more. This kills a LOT of trash without u even attacking. I also have 1 WD using Locust Swarm Cloud of Insects for 25% reduced damage, which may or may be not needed depending on your toughness. Finally, 1 WD uses Haunt Poisoned Spirit for the 20% damage debuff (need to test if this actually stacks when all 4 use the same rune).

U may also notice I'm not focusing on just 1 element. Plague of Toads is Fire, Haunt is cold and Hex is poison. Why? Because of CoE, tho I'm not sure about this since this is for a speed build and u dont stay more than a couple seconds casting the same skill and u may actually not get that 200% buff more frequent because of constantly changing skill elements. Again, this is a work in progress

It's fun build to play and one of the fastest for keywarden farming since the chicken moves insanely fast and can go thru objects, even break doors. The one thing I truly hate is the damn Toad of Hugeness that swallows enemies while u are hitting them. A ton of times I've wasted my Angry Chicken nuke cause of this and since u have 4 toads, sometimes when there's 1 elite left, it gets swallowed FOUR TIMES before u finally kill it. Blizzard really needs to fix this :/

I may change Soul Harvest with a Piranhado round robin or just have in on a couple WDs.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-09-2015 at 11:52 AM

Thanks for posting this. I made some WD's after doing Barbs and was wondering what your build was. You always post excellent guides. Thanks!

In a few days I'll post my Helltooth build for GRs, but is nothing fancy. U can pretty much copy any Helltooth Acid Cloud build and it will work. The only realy problem is the massive lag it causes.

Since I got annoyed at my barbs never getting ancient gavels I've been doing 4x carnevils. With just two WDs having 6 Zuni, DoD, Carnevil, F+R and the other two lacking zuni + DoD I can do 45s in 5min. I am however uncertain how this will end up, some mobs that go straight for the WDs just disturb you so much and fear/vortex is a huge issue at the moment. Really thinking of dropping a WD for a support barb so I can 100% IP.

The damage of just my 2 WDs without ancient gear is just insane already tho. Unless the aoe damage stack of a hota barb is really good I'm thinking that a Carnevil is doing like 3x the damage when it's "working".

Carnevil is my next build and might try it sooner than later cause Helltooth lag is just unbearable. I'm doing 55s for exp and I die a LOT cause everything freezes. Got pretty much all the gear, tho no ancient weapons so far. Guess I'll start farming mats to try to get better weapons with the cube. Got like 2 SMK already, nonancient tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Carnevil is my next build and might try it sooner than later cause Helltooth lag is just unbearable. I'm doing 55s for exp and I die a LOT cause everything freezes. Got pretty much all the gear, tho no ancient weapons so far. Guess I'll start farming mats to try to get better weapons with the cube. Got like 2 SMK already, nonancient tho.

Im building my WD's now after farming shards on my barbs. I can only do GR 50 on my barbs since I die so much without having a monk. I'm thinking WD's might be the way to go for us pushing high GR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Have you tried removing all area damage from gear as well as paragon, it helps a lot.

Pretty much done with WDs and Season4. Lag makes the game UNPLAYABLE. I really wanted to give WDs a fair try, but Blizzard needs to get their shit together and fix this problem ASAP.

Angry Chicken is fun, but thats for speedfarming only. For real exp u need to do GRs and the only build for that is Helltooth and Carnevil. Carnevil kinda sucks IMO and Helltooth lags like hell. Yeah, even without Area Damage. My screen freezes COMPLETELY for several seconds and after that, I just show up dead. Full party wipes over and over which completely kills the fun of playing.

Back to Barbs and nonseason for now.