Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default 4 Melee + Healer

Is this even viable any more? It seems to me with the AoE on most dungeon bosses, this is difficult. Or do I just suck?
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)

Are you straight IWT? I dont think that is entirely viable after leveling, you still need to tweak positions. I find the follow -> twitch separate and move the boss with the mob with the tank rather than the melee respond a bit easier.

Some keys, like "move other window (melee|slaves) (forward|back|right|left) on down event' is vital ... and a lot of people dont.

I would suggest a follow focus, follow tank, follow healer setup so you can easily control a melee character and have everyone non tank rally to him. I almost always have this a warlock that teleports away and the melee will roll towards her for a bit.

There is a a lot of damage without going all melee as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomotron View Post
    Is this even viable any more?
    Choose the master class and you can go 4 melee without heal/tank

(yes my interface sucked there)

but go for some gearfarming in tanaan first, if you're around 650 this can be done
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 09-08-2015 at 10:57 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post

but go for some gearfarming in tanaan first, if you're around 650 this can be done
    one timewalking dungeon and you get 500+ badges. That is enough to get some 675 ilvl after one single dungeon. The cost for gear is 25 to 50 badges a piece

This gives the quest The Unstable Prism which rewards 500 Timewalking Badges.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 09-08-2015 at 03:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    Impressive. Grimrail Depot is one of the heroics I have not yet been able to complete with a complete tank/3xdps/heals team. Cant get past Nitrogg.

Just some tips on how I deal with the AE situation on a full melee squad. Something HPAVC said.

I always drive from the healer. I'm also a lefty, so reverse this for whatever you need.

Up / Down / Left / Right - are reserved for the healer.
    Alt + Up / Alt + Down / Alt + Left / Alt + Right - are reserved for the tank role.
    Shift + Up / Shift + Down / Shift + Left / Shift + Right - are reserved for the DPS.
    Ctrl + Up / Ctrl + Down / Ctrl + Left / Ctrl + Right - Everyone.

Next you can do contingency layers which are basically just a follow up step. Do you want to press the key once and have them move or do you want to say, have a second keypress have them move and then do something else? I find that jump is a nice follow up. So that you can move on one and on the second one jump and move for a greater distance. Obviously you won't want to always jump. But it's nice to have it rolled into the same keymap on the second step for this reason.

What HPAVC said is absolutely true. It is far easier to position the tank than it is the DPS which for the most part you just want to keep out of fire. The tank in fire is far less of a problem. So I always move my tank in and out of harmful stuff just to protect my DPS.

Edit: More things I forgot to mention.

Your plan for all your keypresses should take into account not just the actions on the character you intend to act on but also all other characters.

What I mean by this for example is, when your DPS are leaping out of fire what ideally should your healer be doing? What should the tank be doing?

This opens up for some interesting ideas. Is the DPS moving? Should the healer also be firing a chain heal at the DPS at this time? How about if the tank is moving? Should the healer also be firing off a heal on him?

This makes your life easier to focus on the action itself instead of trying to do two things at once.
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 11-22-2015 at 09:53 PM Reason: More notes.