Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ISBoxer FPS

Default ISBoxer FPS

I have an ISBoxer character set with 2 slots. FPS limiting is turned off in WoW in both windows. In ISBoxer the performance tab has the same settings for each slot.

When the second slot window is in the foreground the FPS is less than half that of the first slot. I can't figure out why they aren't the same.

This is where we point people to start looking for the potential answer:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    This is where we point people to start looking for the potential answer:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate
    I went through everything on that page and could not find anything that is different between the two windows or limiting the framerate.

Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    The profile was too large for Pastebin so I deleted the macros.
    http://pastebin.com/3nsQnmzJ

The character set is called "2 slots".

I'm going to say the problem you're having is probably within Config.WTF.

It appears that several of the Characters in your configuration were Copied from others, including their original Virtual Files. So, for example, Boombewm, Icyecho and Icyblaze are all using the same Config.WTF file. Separately, Fierycurse, Fieryecho, Fieryrain, and Zippee are also using the same Config.WTF file. Based on this, I'm just kind of assuming you don't realize that it's happening (or why it's probably complaining about account names every time you Export) and perhaps don't realize that you have different settings from one character or set to another.

Snagitjr and Snagitsr are using different Config.WTF files. If you want them to have identical performance right now, you can probably go into the WTF folder and copy the good performing one to replace the bad performing one.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    It appears that several of the Characters in your configuration were Copied from others
    Yes. Are the Config.WTF files created by ISBoxer? Should I edit each copied character to use its own Config.WTF?

it's probably complaining about account names every time you Export
    Yes, I've been meaning to look into that. But I still don't understand the issue. It complains about the sub-account name and when I check they are all correct.

Snagitjr and Snagitsr are using different Config.WTF files. If you want them to have identical performance right now, you can probably go into the WTF folder and copy the good performing one to replace the bad performing one.
    I tried that and still have the same result.

Yes, I've been meaning to look into that. But I still don't understand the issue. It complains about the sub-account name and when I check they are all correct.
    WoW saves the account names in Config.WTF, and you have different accounts saving over the same Config.WTF because of the different Characters all on the same files.

Yes. Are the Config.WTF files created by ISBoxer? Should I edit each copied character to use its own Config.WTF?

ISBoxer creates the Character-specific Config.WTF files, by copying the master Config.WTF file. Whatever settings are in use at the time you make your new Character will be used for that Character. So it can happen where your old characters don't have Antialiasing or something configured, but then you turned it on later or it became a default setting and then the new characters have it in their Config.WTF file ... dropping the FPS.

Yes, every character should be using its own Config.WTF. Or at LEAST each ACCOUNT should have its own Config.WTF.

I tried that and still have the same result.
    If the problem isn't WoW video/audio settings (as would be confirmed by comparing/copying the Config.WTF or the in-game options panels), and isn't ISBoxer settings (confirmed by looking at them) unless you forgot to Export to Inner Space, then at that point I might disable some WoW Addons. Then search for demons, and when you're done with that go back to http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate and use the tool in the "Identifying framerate bottlenecks" section to capture a report so we can see if that indicates it is GPU, CPU or RAM related...

Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start