Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Devilian

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    So... Fun's over? Or am I getting that wrong?
    I don't know, but it doesn't sound good. It's always confusing when they first say things such as, "just like in our other games," because multiboxing in RIFT with third-party software is allowed, but in a game like ArcheAge, it is not (for probably a good reason). She said that they discussed it on their livestream, but does anyone have that link?

It's always frustrating when I read, "must be controlled without the use of any third party software," but then in the next line define it as, "automation software and unauthorized third party software." Like... is there a list of authorized third-party software? Unfortunately, the line after that about "manipulating multiple characters," while still open to interpretation, probably seals the deal.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Err... Did they just change their stand on multiboxing? Stumbled upon this post on their forums, and it would appear clicks/commands being sent to multiple windows simultaneously is infact an issue.

For those lazy to click:

So... Fun's over? Or am I getting that wrong?
    sound clear to me.. but I still think its stupid that they allow multiboxing BUT not an effective means to do it. A game like that is not going to be boxed effectively "independently"
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

You think they can detect IS Boxer?
    You just multibox Dungeons so nobody will see you doing it, there is only a problem when people see you moving around in public and report you.
    I feel very stupid spending money to get the Husky on my 3 Chars...

i cant imagine play devilian with only 1 account since this would simplify the game its just plain booring...
    Last edited by Flexiflo : 01-05-2016 at 07:45 AM

GW2 did this also.. they really are only allowing you to have multiple accounts for things like trading - not playing them all at once.

I didn't think they would allow boxing unless they found a way to stop it in pvp like Rift.

@Flexiflo they are very good & if you email them and explain the situation I'm sure they would give you a refund on the Husky's you got.

Might be a problem cause i bought everything with my main and gifted it to the alts... cause steam wallet on mainaccount...
    I explained it to GM and asked if i get banned for multiboxing before the clear statement this morning.

I spent like 600$ all in all for all 3 chars - and now its all gone if i cant play them 2gether... i might ask if they could merge them

The Terms of Use says ...
    2.a.
    use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, modifications (mods) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience;
    The question is whether the third-party software is both unauthorized and "designed to modify the Game experience".

2.f.
    use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines,” or otherwise collects information from or through the Site, Account(s), Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items, if any), Game Client(s) and/or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game(s) or the Service to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that Trion may, in its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
    In this section they specifically carve out unauthorized software that "reads areas of RAM used by the Game(s) or the Service to store information about a character or the game environment". (Not really related to multiboxing.)

But here's the real problem. The Devilian team is referring to the same Terms of Use that applies to RIFT. The RIFT team specifically reiterated last year, after Archeage came out with its no broadcasting stance, that multiboxing with broadcasting is allowed in RIFT. The Devilian team should be clear that this is a game policy and not a blanket Terms of Use issue, because if we agree that it is allowed in RIFT, and the Terms of Use applies to RIFT, then we must assume that the software is not "unauthorized" for the purpose of the ToU.

Hmmmmmmmm.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

so ok i asked if they could refund my stuff to my main account, then a new GM contacted me and asked what accounts and what items need to be refunded.
    I explained it to him and now i guess its in process

lets see what response i get