Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: XP sharing 2.3

Default XP sharing 2.3

If I understand well, in 2.3 XP and XP bonus are shared among all party members...

Which means, if my zDPS wears a Hellfire Ring (+35% XP), it instead gives a bonus of 8.75% XP to each character ? Right ?

Yep, that's right. Haven't tested it but according to the patch notes, that's how it should work.

• Experience gained, including all sources of Bonus Experience, is now averaged across all players in a party that are eligible to receive experience
    The patch note is kind of phrased weird. If I were to interpret that literally, I would say that they are taking the exp received by each character and splitting it evenly among all characters. Or maybe that they are just splitting the bonus. Who knows. It's pretty clear it's a move to silence all the whiners about certain builds being unable to gimp themselves into an XP build and thus the builds that can disproportionately benefiting; so if their implementation is not "fair" I'm sure there will be more outrage on the forums.

That said, I have no idea how you would test this...

Just a quick update about this. Did a quick test with my party that has mixed classes, dps with no exp gear + zdps with full exp gear. The results:

• Exp bonus from gear is fully shared evenly among all party members. Doesn't matter what u have or don't, what your sheet details are, etc. All party members will receive equal amount of experience from mobs. Did several runs and after each run, every character gained the same amount of exp at the end. Don't ask me about math, formulas, percentages, etc. cause they are completely irrelevant. U will get the same amount of exp regardless.
    • Pools of reflection are not shared. Those work only on the char that has the 25% buff. If u die or it runs off, u won't get anything from other chars in the party that still have the 25% buff. So, don't die
    Last edited by Devile : 11-07-2015 at 12:48 PM

Not to derail the thread - But how do you anticipate the reduction in +XP contribution at 70 to affect zDPS & Support gearing?
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

It's hard to tell since there isn't much info about it but there's a good chance we won't see much EXP gear used in support classes. Maybe ppl switch to Asheara's set instead of Cain's