Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 49

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas1707 View Post
    Thanks for respon guys it worked out quite well i do torment 10 safely now with 4x hota barbs and it really fun

to another question regarding monks

do any of u have any experince with them this season? and can u even run 4x uliana monk's or how does seven sided kick work?
    Yes you can run 4x U6 without any big problems, it's quite fun also but you need to remember to use madstones for multiple cold or different EP elements (Cold is like 3x damage though). I recommend using crit builds with CoE and not BP ones for more consistency. The problem with U6 however lies in surviveability and snapshotting. Surviveability can be fixed by using a healing monk since you can't do dashing and movement as well as a single player monk. And I really do recommend using a healing monk as one, makes so you can face tank and just pull in mobs while spamming SSS.

Now here's the worse part, I'll just do a quick explanation. EP snapshots from several buffs like mythic rythm and so on, however you cannot override a EP already in place it only extends the duration so the generator and madstone EPs are generally low value EPs. You have to get your buffs correctly and within in a small window dash to another pack and apply your EP with the SKILL!! Next you need to use SSS and hit this mob without hitting a lower damage EP. This will spread the good EP and now you need to keep spreading it until you can't spread it anymore. Imagine doing this with several U6 monks, madstone probably makes it impossible.

Combine this with the fact that U6 in reality doesn't scale too well compared to say a HotA barb I'd recommend against focusing too much on multiple U6 monks and do what I realized this weekend.

Party composition:
    -Healing support monk with progression and xp gear (Epiphany and Dashing strike = BAD)
    -Support barb with progression and xp gear (BK weapons with 10% CDR each and max CDR on all other slots needed, also Chilank chain cubed and 6 second Cassius belt. Gogok also necessary and no whirlwind or charge, weapons are just for fury regen and CDR)
    -2x DPS (So far I've tried U6, HotA with 5% movespeed, Carnevil WD)

Let me just say that this is the best thing ever for multiboxing, the barb keeps your party at 40% extra MS and 100% IP uptime for immunity to most affixes and KBs/Stuns. The Monk is just friggin amazing with that crazy healing, combined defensive values makes a carnevil WD tank arcane beams at a GR60 and I just checked thoughness on the U6 a few times and it said 500mil! For the dps I'll probably be varying with what I'm doing from what I tested this weekend.

-Say you're speedrunning normal rifts, I'd say 2 U6 are amazing because then you can one shot TX elite packs.
    -Speedfarming G55-G60 rifts I think a perfectly geared U6 + HotA barb will do wonders, the hota barb sadly sucks for normal rifts due to dropping berserker constantly because you need to pick up shit.
    -Progression is a tricky one, I'm currently leaning towards 2x HotA barbs but it might easily go to HotA + HT/Carnevil WD or HotA + Sunwuko Monk. I'd love for U6 + HotA to work but I don't think the U6 has enough value sadly.

I did a 14min something 63 yesterday on my first test run with U6, HotA, SupBarb, SupMonk using mainly xp gear. And lets just say I have a major lack of gear on my HotA barb and only one ancient weapon on U6. Best part of all, no risk of dying even with xp gear!

Sorry for the wall of text but maybe it will give you some ideas, I can't recommend the support barb + monk enough. Enough movement speed and survival for everything! Screw dash like skills because it just messes you up in multiboxing, Chilank's chain is where it's at!

I don't like the idea of 2 pure support chars in the current meta. Sounds like overkill toughness and not needed at all. At least for 60s speedruns and to push 70s, I dont see how just 2 DPS will make it, specially since the second support doesn't add much DPS to the party. At most, a Barb as a support will add 30% (falter) + 10% (rend?) additive damage debuff which is really low. It will mostly add buffs which can be added anyway with just 3 DPS barbs.

I still need to work on my monk and hellfire amulets, but my plan is to do low 60s for exp speedruns (5mins max per run) and push 70s to upgrade gems. 3 HotA barbs, diamonds and isoteric alteration for additional toughness, with perma Ignore Pain (round robin on just 2 with some CDR is enough) and 1 with WarCry. With perma Inner Sanctuary, Mantras and the insane monk healing, that should be more than enough surviability. At least that's what I see from current GR70+ 4p parties. It's always 2 HotA barbs + 1 WW barb which is not support, it's DPS that just pulls stuff closer, but still does a ton of DPS.

If Blizzard fixes the lag, it would be amazing to have a Bears WD with cubed SMK for perma BBV and a bunch of debuffs. Wish Crusaders were viable, but they suck right now.

As soon as I have my monk ready, I'll record some videos.

PS: I'll try to hit 60s with just 4x HotA barbs and see how hard it is. I'm sure the lack of healing will be a problem.
    PS2: I see ppl doing high 70s and 80s with 2 DPS and 2 support, but 1 DPS is a Carnevil WD and the support barb spams health globes.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-14-2015 at 02:03 PM

How do u move "correctly" with the hesling monk i find it very hard because of the wotb speed buff to sync them well and what about dash or ephany ? what skills do u use and what movement speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas1707 View Post
    How do u move "correctly" with the hesling monk i find it very hard because of the wotb speed buff to sync them well and what about dash or ephany ? what skills do u use and what movement speed?
    I don't have Epiphany or Dash at all, I only use my support barb's chilank chain shout to get an additional 40% movement speed 100% of the time, then there's the green mantras 10% as well and the damage aura MS on kill that you can use for normal rifts. For WotB I only have 5% movement speed on the barb so when WotB is activated he moves at the same speed as everyone else.

Pretty happy atm, even with some control issues I managed to do 60 with my U6, HotA, SupBarb, SupMonk in XP gear in 6:01. A bit better control and I could have gotten that like 2 minutes shorter. A bit slow at moving between groups -_-

Quote Originally Posted by NetQvist View Post
    I don't have Epiphany or Dash at all, I only use my support barb's chilank chain shout to get an additional 40% movement speed 100% of the time, then there's the green mantras 10% as well and the damage aura MS on kill that you can use for normal rifts. For WotB I only have 5% movement speed on the barb so when WotB is activated he moves at the same speed as everyone else.

Pretty happy atm, even with some control issues I managed to do 60 with my U6, HotA, SupBarb, SupMonk in XP gear in 6:01. A bit better control and I could have gotten that like 2 minutes shorter. A bit slow at moving between groups -_-
    I've been brainstorming with something like this, my WWx4 barbs hit a wall in the high 50's. Can you post a video or two when you can? I'd love to see the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by AnNiMosSiTY99 View Post
    I've been brainstorming with something like this, my WWx4 barbs hit a wall in the high 50's. Can you post a video or two when you can? I'd love to see the gameplay.
    Will try to remember to do that. Kind of had the same issue with WW myself, either the elites take way too long to kill or you start dying.

Here's my B.Net accounts in case that's interesting, should have the correct heroes selected. Only been playing this setup for two days so it's still a bit wonky.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/N.../hero/66251624
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/N.../hero/64303062
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/N.../hero/64304949
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/N.../hero/66251625

My biggest issue atm is getting a correctly cycle on the HotA barb, I'm failing to proc F+R at the start of the fight and I either forget to use a generator or use it too often. Worst case scenario I'll have to hardwire it somehow.

Other current project is gearing the monk for SW but that ancient furnace is still hiding, might have to use a strength one but that's a huge loss of dex. Let's just say SSS is a big pain in the ass when you're trying to move quickly, it's constantly active when you don't want it to be and the monk gets de-synced.
    Last edited by NetQvist : 09-15-2015 at 03:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I don't like the idea of 2 pure support chars in the current meta. Sounds like overkill toughness and not needed at all. At least for 60s speedruns and to push 70s, I dont see how just 2 DPS will make it, specially since the second support doesn't add much DPS to the party. At most, a Barb as a support will add 30% (falter) + 10% (rend?) additive damage debuff which is really low. It will mostly add buffs which can be added anyway with just 3 DPS barbs.

I still need to work on my monk and hellfire amulets, but my plan is to do low 60s for exp speedruns (5mins max per run) and push 70s to upgrade gems. 3 HotA barbs, diamonds and isoteric alteration for additional toughness, with perma Ignore Pain (round robin on just 2 with some CDR is enough) and 1 with WarCry. With perma Inner Sanctuary, Mantras and the insane monk healing, that should be more than enough surviability. At least that's what I see from current GR70+ 4p parties. It's always 2 HotA barbs + 1 WW barb which is not support, it's DPS that just pulls stuff closer, but still does a ton of DPS.

If Blizzard fixes the lag, it would be amazing to have a Bears WD with cubed SMK for perma BBV and a bunch of debuffs. Wish Crusaders were viable, but they suck right now.

As soon as I have my monk ready, I'll record some videos.

PS: I'll try to hit 60s with just 4x HotA barbs and see how hard it is. I'm sure the lack of healing will be a problem.
    PS2: I see ppl doing high 70s and 80s with 2 DPS and 2 support, but 1 DPS is a Carnevil WD and the support barb spams health globes.
    Okay not sure how I missed your post up there but here's the problems I currently have with 3 dps and the healing monk which you just have to have, it's impossible without that LPS when you are constantly eating affixes at 60.

1. Movement, the only way you can do proper movement as 3 dps barb + monk is to use charge and dash, I'm not really sure how well that works since I haven't tried it. I guess you could also sacrifice the third barb's element ring for grandeur and run chilanik's belt on him. Getting permanent chilanik just isn't happening on a single HotA barb without dropping the ruby though.

2. When you say 2x barbs as IP round robin I guess you mean to drop the elements ring for a grandeur and use a 6 second cassius belt so you can still use leorics as cube. This means you'll need 10% paragon, 8% shoulders, 8+8% from rings/gloves, for 52% uptime which is cutting it a bit short due to lag but it should work. You could of course drop the ruby and crown to keep elements but that would drop your xp to 0% with a diamond, so that's more for progression.

3. If you do manage to keep the three rubies and leoric's with charge + dash as well as 227% on the monk you're looking at 118,25% xp per char versus 154,5 xp with 2x 227% support. The difference between those two should be 3,47 GR levels in terms of xp, so you'll need to do at least 4 levels higher in GRs to get the same XP as a 2 man support team. The mob health increase for that should be like 1,9 times the health of the level that the 2 man team is running, that means your third barb has to do almost as much damage as your other two barbs combined. This is why xp scaling in the game is friggin retarded! Health scale is 1,173 and xp is 1,08 per GR level. Health scales at more than twice the value of xp.

4. Concerning surviveability I'm not running esoteric or diamonds on my current hota barb and he is the first to die with the 100% ip + healing monk at 60s+, Now tbh I don't like the idea of using esoteric on a hota barb. You really need stricken, pain enchancer and trapped to get that damage through the roof!

PS: The WW barb you're seeing in those speed rifters at 65-70s is actually a support barb usually with BK weapons just spinning using the ancient spear to pull mobs in. Of course I could be incorrect but from what I've seen that is the case, sadly it's kind of hard to do that as a multiboxer =(. Looking at the group composition I think the best are HotA+HotA/SunWuko+SupBarb+SupMonk, I'm sadly also aware of the fact that both the SupBarb and SunWuko are very hard to play as a multiboxer since they are generally doing their own thing. The Carnevil could actually do some amazing things due to BBV for the HotA barb, aspeed makes HotA pretty nuts.

And now go prove me wrong so I could actually do the 3 HotA + Monk as well =)

PS2: The Xp calculations are a bit incorrect since I'm actually dropping the cubed leoric on my support barb in favor of having both chilanik and cassius. I really need to see how well charge and dash works together, it's probably a fucking mess for me currently since I'm proccing F+R on the U6 monk with a generator and then the barb would have to use FC to proc it.....
    Last edited by NetQvist : 09-15-2015 at 06:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by NetQvist View Post
    Okay not sure how I missed your post up there but here's the problems I currently have with 3 dps and the healing monk which you just have to have, it's impossible without that LPS when you are constantly eating affixes at 60.

1. Movement, the only way you can do proper movement as 3 dps barb + monk is to use charge and dash, I'm not really sure how well that works since I haven't tried it. I guess you could also sacrifice the third barb's element ring for grandeur and run chilanik's belt on him. Getting permanent chilanik just isn't happening on a single HotA barb without dropping the ruby though.

2. When you say 2x barbs as IP round robin I guess you mean to drop the elements ring for a grandeur and use a 6 second cassius belt so you can still use leorics as cube. This means you'll need 10% paragon, 8% shoulders, 8+8% from rings/gloves, for 52% uptime which is cutting it a bit short due to lag but it should work. You could of course drop the ruby and crown to keep elements but that would drop your xp to 0% with a diamond, so that's more for progression.

3. If you do manage to keep the three rubies and leoric's with charge + dash as well as 227% on the monk you're looking at 118,25% xp per char versus 154,5 xp with 2x 227% support. The difference between those two should be 3,47 GR levels in terms of xp, so you'll need to do at least 4 levels higher in GRs to get the same XP as a 2 man support team. The mob health increase for that should be like 1,9 times the health of the level that the 2 man team is running, that means your third barb has to do almost as much damage as your other two barbs combined. This is why xp scaling in the game is friggin retarded! Health scale is 1,173 and xp is 1,08 per GR level. Health scales at more than twice the value of xp.

4. Concerning surviveability I'm not running esoteric or diamonds on my current hota barb and he is the first to die with the 100% ip + healing monk at 60s+, Now tbh I don't like the idea of using esoteric on a hota barb. You really need stricken, pain enchancer and trapped to get that damage through the roof!

PS: The WW barb you're seeing in those speed rifters at 65-70s is actually a support barb usually with BK weapons just spinning using the ancient spear to pull mobs in. Of course I could be incorrect but from what I've seen that is the case, sadly it's kind of hard to do that as a multiboxer =(. Looking at the group composition I think the best are HotA+HotA/SunWuko+SupBarb+SupMonk, I'm sadly also aware of the fact that both the SupBarb and SunWuko are very hard to play as a multiboxer since they are generally doing their own thing. The Carnevil could actually do some amazing things due to BBV for the HotA barb, aspeed makes HotA pretty nuts.

And now go prove me wrong so I could actually do the 3 HotA + Monk as well =)

PS2: The Xp calculations are a bit incorrect since I'm actually dropping the cubed leoric on my support barb in favor of having both chilanik and cassius. I really need to see how well charge and dash works together, it's probably a fucking mess for me currently since I'm proccing F+R on the U6 monk with a generator and then the barb would have to use FC to proc it.....
    I also started running 3 hota 1 heal monk after I felt like I was hitting a 'wall' with WW. Charge/dash actually works pretty well. Occasionally the Monk gets a bit desynced, because charge tends to lock on a target. What is really annoying, is when one of the barbs ends up charging somewhere else and isn't hitting what you want. You either lose a bunch of dps because he's not hitting, or lose a bunch of dps repositioning Bit of a learn to play issue I think but it happens regularly enough for me that I'm considering swapping 1 barb to a support crusader.

Weird I know, crusaders are completely off meta at the moment but perma 50% move speed+ability to walk through mobs was amazing when I boxed crusaders and I think it would work really well with the Hota+heal monk. Walk through everything at a decent speed, aggro a few rooms, move to a corner or w/e and nuke everything. They don't bring much damage increase (shield glare + the usual strongarms/toxin, judgement is pretty useless for hota) but I'm going to try it anyway before I try support barb. The other option is illusory boots ofc but I don't really want to drop 41% xp or convention for those. Theoretically everything stays nicely synced up, and you can drop charge/dash for other skills.

After deciding that I figured I should try get some use out of the 20% crit from judgement, so I'm also swapping one barb to a Wuko monk. No ancient furnace but an almost perfect non ancient, so that will do for now. I feel like that comp (HotA/Wuko/SupMonk/SupCrus) is very similar to the current meta for speed farming, but much more suited to multiboxing. You're right that it's pretty much impossible to effectively box a pull support barb, and I agree with the 2 support/2 dps thing. 2 fully exp geared toons is pretty huge for farming those paragons.

As I said, haven't tried it yet. Was getting a bit frustrated with 3xhota for speed farming 55-60 though, so I'll try this and see how it goes.

You mentioned having some issues with your 'rotation' to keep both F&R procs up. I just have my isboxer set up to send my combat rotation to each toon, every time I press one button (5). IE I sit there spamming 5 and it'll spam my generator on uliana monk and SSS on cd, spam cyclone strike/inner sanc/blinding flash on heal monk, and for the barb it'll hit a generator, spam hota for 4.5s, generator, etc. Automates a lot of it I guess, but makes it a hell of a lot easier. If I'm running charge/dash for the 3 hota group then yeah I just hit the charge/dash keybind every now and again.

Anyway, this got much longer than I expected. I'll try the Wuko/SuppCrus and see how they go.
    Last edited by Magicme : 09-15-2015 at 12:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    I also started running 3 hota 1 heal monk after I felt like I was hitting a 'wall' with WW. Charge/dash actually works pretty well. Occasionally the Monk gets a bit desynced, because charge tends to lock on a target. What is really annoying, is when one of the barbs ends up charging somewhere else and isn't hitting what you want. You either lose a bunch of dps because he's not hitting, or lose a bunch of dps repositioning Bit of a learn to play issue I think but it happens regularly enough for me that I'm considering swapping 1 barb to a support crusader.

Weird I know, crusaders are completely off meta at the moment but perma 50% move speed+ability to walk through mobs was amazing when I boxed crusaders and I think it would work really well with the Hota+heal monk. Walk through everything at a decent speed, aggro a few rooms, move to a corner or w/e and nuke everything. They don't bring much damage increase (shield glare + the usual strongarms/toxin, judgement is pretty useless for hota) but I'm going to try it anyway before I try support barb. The other option is illusory boots ofc but I don't really want to drop 41% xp or convention for those. Theoretically everything stays nicely synced up, and you can drop charge/dash for other skills.

After deciding that I figured I should try get some use out of the 20% crit from judgement, so I'm also swapping one barb to a Wuko monk. No ancient furnace but an almost perfect non ancient, so that will do for now. I feel like that comp (HotA/Wuko/SupMonk/SupCrus) is very similar to the current meta for speed farming, but much more suited to multiboxing. You're right that it's pretty much impossible to effectively box a pull support barb, and I agree with the 2 support/2 dps thing. 2 fully exp geared toons is pretty huge for farming those paragons.

As I said, haven't tried it yet. Was getting a bit frustrated with 3xhota for speed farming 55-60 though, so I'll try this and see how it goes.

You mentioned having some issues with your 'rotation' to keep both F&R procs up. I just have my isboxer set up to send my combat rotation to each toon, every time I press one button (5). IE I sit there spamming 5 and it'll spam my generator on uliana monk and SSS on cd, spam cyclone strike/inner sanc/blinding flash on heal monk, and for the barb it'll hit a generator, spam hota for 4.5s, generator, etc. Automates a lot of it I guess, but makes it a hell of a lot easier. If I'm running charge/dash for the 3 hota group then yeah I just hit the charge/dash keybind every now and again.

Anyway, this got much longer than I expected. I'll try the Wuko/SuppCrus and see how they go.
    Have you tried using hold position when using charge and dash? That removes the lock on thing for solo at least.

And you pretty much hit the nail straight on the head there with the walk through mobs, I've also thought about the illusory boots but not the crusader, think I'll start gearing that on my barb support account actually now and see how that goes. And hopefully I'll get my sunwuko geared as well, got all pieces but the amulet and furnace are dog shit so U6 will do for now. If you're only doing like 55s U6 seems to be perfect but it starts losing effect at 60.

Any chance you could share the config for the rotation, I spent like 2 hours trying to get the same damned thing to work but something was really strange. I've got cleave on left and hota on the right mouse button for my barb. When I tried to make a button I could spam it worked as long as I was NOT controlling the barb, if controlled then the right click from the hotkey action for 4,5 seconds made him MOVE even when I was holding down hold position. It was really strange.

Currently uploading 2x 60s that took like 9min, I just can't seem to get it together sadly and get a good rift for another 6min so I'll put them here once they are done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcmd_ooEZ6I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV51H9Wri1I
    Last edited by NetQvist : 09-15-2015 at 02:30 PM

@NetQvist - Can you share your builds for those videos? Or is it still relevant for the links you posted above?
    Last edited by MiRai : 09-17-2015 at 11:39 AM Reason: Formatting
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/