Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default WoW clients hang when using certain keymaps

Hello, I am having an issue with my clients hanging when I do my dps rotation in WoW. I started using the isboxer pro setup and am still experimenting with rotations and keymaps.

The problem is the "paladin - protection" keymap seems to be freezing WoW on all clients but is fine when solo.I notice that the cpu load goes to 100% and does not come down. I have to manually close the non-responding clients in task manager. These paladins are only lvl 10 so I do not have many abilities. I could just make them all retribution and be done with it, but I want to try dungeons and check out all the features of isboxer

here is a pastebin of my config http://pastebin.com/4EmQHaAw

also, is there a way to organize the character list in isboxer? I want to put spacers between groups but have not found a way to move the spacers up the list.

thanks for the help

To move things up and down the list in ISBoxer, ALT+UpArrow, ALT+DownArrow. It shows it in the right click on other items, but the Characters don't, but they respond to the Hotkeys.

There is nothing in your config that should cause the hanging.
    Do you have other addons? or interfaces that might be interfering, like especially one which is setup to bind to CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+NUM2. Try disabling them.

Also, what is chewing up all the CPU? The game clients? As ISBoxer/InnerSpace only sends single sets of keystrokes to the game, and only when you press a Key then it is unlikely the issue is anything within it, but rather how the game is responding to the input, and that puts it squarely back in the court of, Is your macro doing it or do you have some other addon/ui that is not playing nice.

thanks for the reply mbox_bob, I will check addons and keybinds in game and in isboxer to see if that is the issue. The cpu normally runs at 45%-65% when I play on my 5xpriests. It spikes to 100% and stays there a second after I push 2 on my keyboard to start the dps rotation. Not sure why all clients are freezing though as the only dps rotation that is running is for my prot pally. Each client says "not responding" in the task manager and each client is around 16% cpu when this happens and stays there.

also the ctrl+alt+shift+num2 will be changed to ctr+alt+shift+l and ctrl+alt+shift+j for each macro, will mess around with it a little more and see if that helps
    Last edited by cybernerv : 08-25-2015 at 07:12 PM

After a more thorough look, for some reason Slot 5 is only allocated a single CPU core, but all the other slots are allocated all 4 like the other slots. You can check this by selecting your character set, then Slot 5, and looking at the performance tab.

Other than that (which should really only cause slot 5 to lag terribly), I can't see any reason why the problem would be occurring due to your profile.

hmm I deleted all addons except isboxer and still freeze. I disabled isboxer addon and still freeze when keymap buttons is enabled. When the keymap button is disabled, it does not freeze. I will either see if there is something wrong with my profiles in innerspace or uninstall and reinstall innerspace and see what happens or both.

will check back and thanks for telling me about the cpu profile using only 1 core, will see if that is the cause as well.

One other thing I have noticed, is that your AOE DPS Rotation (I was looking at the DPS Rotation because that's what you said the problem was), calls itself.

e.g.
    Combat Hotkeys calls AOE DPS Rotation in Virtual Combat, this is replaced by Paladin - Holy AOE DPS Rotation which calls AOE DPS Rotation in Virtual Combat, which is replaced by.....

THIS WOULD CAUSE AN ISSUE... circular references are bad (I guess I should have seen this earlier )
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 08-25-2015 at 08:03 PM Reason: rest was fluff

that was exactly what the problem was. I must have copied and renamed the wrong keymap
    just tried ingame and nothing is crashing, thanks a bunch!