Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default SWTOR+GTAE=AWESOME!!! (side note:Treek )

So in the past discussions about how to handle GTAEs in this game.. it was thought that this was hard to manage. Well, im not sure if anyone mentioned it here yet, but if not, or anyone missed it, i have good news! If you are targeting an NPC ( or player if your healing ) and you double tap your GTAE it will auto place it at that targets feet! I discovered this by accident, and im not sure if this was already known.. but it made me happy as hell. Its a pain to put down your GTAE on your main window.. then switch to the next and do the same, and most the time the follower characters camera is all missed up ( they don't stay looking ahead ) so you have to first re-position them before doing a GTAE. Now sometimes the follower is not facing correct and i will assist/and fire a single target ability so they turn and face the group of mobs. On my BHs i have to do that with sweeping blasters, but not with death from above, i can just assist and double tap that and mass destruction ensues!

Side note: Get the companion Treek and gear her up..Shes is an awesome Tank who has great agro/dps/ae agro, and who heals herself very well. And she is the best healer companion as well. Well worth the creds or CM to buy!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

There is a setting in the options for double tapping ground target AOE's if I remember right. I picked up Treek on my third run through. (Imperial Agent) I wasn't all that impressed. With the 12x xp and the 25% xp bonus buffs you get after each planet for 1 or 3 hours; you out level the content pretty fast. Upgrading your gear every other planet with the increase in commendation tokens and decreased commendation costs keeps you in max level gear compounds how powerful you are.

I found going through the storyline with a dps class/stance to be much faster. But my biggest disappointment with Treek and I imagine HK is the same is that they are storyline mute. They contribute nothing to the dialogue or cutscenes. Having Vette with the Sith Warrior was great. Same goes for the smuggler's first companion who is hell bent on getting his gun back. The Jedi Knight I ditched the starter droid companion for the emperor's child companion and it was great. Mute Treek for the agent... I know I missed out a lot and should have stuck with the first companion, the female rattatak, considering what happens when the story goes to Corellia.

I am just running through the storylines and not moving on past chapter three. But they have basically turned on god mode. If you want to just max level as fast as possible, when you hit 47, Take the quest to go to Makeb from your ship's computer. Get the orbital satellite buff that makes you have the stats of a level 55 and a % based heal over time. Grind the 12x story missions until you hit 55 and jump to the Revan expansion. Revan drops you right into the solo versions of the flash points and the rewards are a full set of gear that is better than you can buy with commendations. Again the game gives you a buff in the form of a companion that can nearly solo the entire flashpoint. When you finish Rishi the game will have upgraded that full set with another and Yavin and Ziost do the same. When you finish Ziost you have a full set of iLevel 190 gear and are more than ready to start the daily group finder operation if you want to upgrade to the 192 purple gear.

Basically after the level 45 commendation upgrades, you won't need to spend another commendation for upgrades. Oh and the weekly quest on Yavin will give you a full set of 192 purple gear for the companion of your choice. It's also legacy bound so you can mail it to a newer character and can equip it as soon as you hit 55 I think? 58 maybe? I can't remember but it's under level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    So in the past discussions about how to handle GTAEs in this game.. it was thought that this was hard to manage. Well, im not sure if anyone mentioned it here yet, but if not, or anyone missed it, i have good news! If you are targeting an NPC ( or player if your healing ) and you double tap your GTAE it will auto place it at that targets feet! I discovered this by accident, and im not sure if this was already known.. but it made me happy as hell. Its a pain to put down your GTAE on your main window.. then switch to the next and do the same, and most the time the follower characters camera is all missed up ( they don't stay looking ahead ) so you have to first re-position them before doing a GTAE. Now sometimes the follower is not facing correct and i will assist/and fire a single target ability so they turn and face the group of mobs. On my BHs i have to do that with sweeping blasters, but not with death from above, i can just assist and double tap that and mass destruction ensues!

Side note: Get the companion Treek and gear her up..Shes is an awesome Tank who has great agro/dps/ae agro, and who heals herself very well. And she is the best healer companion as well. Well worth the creds or CM to buy!
    I too discovered this by accident and thought, "This is too good to be true!."

That feature went live in 2.7

So I have been two boxing and just discovered you can two box the "solo" flashpoints 8) FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    So I have been two boxing and just discovered you can two box the "solo" flashpoints 8) FUN!
    I just recently got back into the game dual boxing. What classes you running Lyonheart?
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    I just recently got back into the game dual boxing. What classes you running Lyonheart?
    My main team is two BH/Mercs, they are 60. I like them the best so far. I have several duos ranging from 20-50. Goal is to have most dark side classes up to 55 before expansion goes live.