Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Windows 10

Default Windows 10

Anyone else upgraded to Windows 10 yet? I did and seem to be having some issues with performance being much choppier in my slaves windows playing wow....

Just curious what anyone elses experience has been so far....

I was going to wait for a month or so to let them iron out the bugs . There was a Nvidia update yesterday that was to fix a few of the bugs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Syferr View Post
    There was a Nvidia update yesterday that was to fix a few of the bugs ?
    That'd be nice, but I don't see anything newer versus late last night. Took a fair bit of time, research, and manually disabling core services to finally get 353.62 to install. Seems to be pretty stable so far, though I haven't tried multiboxing with it yet.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

As for me I get near the same perfomance, because i'm running 20-25 clients (WoW) at one PC. So, i get lag spikes sometimes like before or less or higher.
    But i found 1 problem, when i listen online music or radio through Chrome and CPU go to 95-100%, music quality go down to ~10-15% than before. And CPU sit more time at 95-100% than Windows 8.1.
    On the other side, my WoW clients use less RAM and i get better perfomance in Marvel Heroes 2015.
    Last edited by woloss : 08-03-2015 at 06:03 AM

Most comments I've heard from people using Windows 10 up to release put it pretty close to the same performance. I am sure for some people it is worse and for some people it is better, I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to "does W10 outperform W8.1 for multiboxing?"

when i listen online music or radio through Chrome
    Well there's your problem
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I upgraded my home theatre PC to Windows 10, but have not yet updated my gaming computer or work computer.

Some of my notes.

1. Ease of installation, 5 stars. I clicked OK and came back a few minutes later everything was done and working correctly.

2. Speed, 5 stars. This was kindof a low-end PC I use for movies, not even a graphic card. Boot up time is now only a couple seconds, programs load almost instantly instead of 15-20 seconds, and no more lag at all watching movies. I am going to assume the weaker the computer the more noticeable the speed increase is, since not everyone had the same results as me.

3. Software compatibility, 5 stars. Only one program needed updated but it already had the install file waiting on my desktop. That was spybot search and destroy.

And lastly, everything feels the same. No learning curve for this update.

Scared to update my gaming computer yet, don't want to live without boxing even for a day if something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I upgraded my home theatre PC to Windows 10
    *SNIP*
    Boot up time is now only a couple seconds, programs load almost instantly instead of 15-20 seconds
    Are you actually doing a full boot or just resuming from S3/S4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Are you actually doing a full boot or just resuming from S3/S4?
    Yeah sorry that is what I meant. Resume not boot.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Yeah sorry that is what I meant. Resume not boot.
    Oh, absolutely, then. They've made pretty massive strides with resume caching and such, especially on systems designed to make use of it. I'm going to have to do some testing with S3 on my home unit to see if it actually works properly now; I could usually rely on Win7 to eventually get itself into a funky state after a week or two of resumes.

We're starting to see the bugs pop up now, though I have not experienced any issues.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/08/...10bugs-emerge/
    http://www.siliconbeat.com/2015/08/0...-pcs-unusable/
    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/74...s-and-more.htm

I am concerned about the claims that FireFox is making.
    https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/0...e-and-control/

Is Microsoft really going to throttle their competitors again?