Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    The only reason i think it would be easier is because atm, since i havent purchased the game i don't know exactly how the UI looks like, and do not want to accidentally link the last account to the wrong one, so if i had different emails for each i could just invite them sequentially and differentiate them by name.
    I see what you're getting at, and that would indeed make it easier to differentiate between them. It may provide you with considerable drawbacks however, depending on where your priorities are:

As I posted in this thread, there are currently limitations in place in regard to the WoW Token, where you are only able to buy up to 36 months of game time with gold every 24 months. If it's important to you to be able to save on (or even eliminate) the subscription cost by purchasing game time with in-game currency, then splitting them up over more than one Battle.net account is certainly advantageous.

However, the drawback to this is that a number of things that are Battle.net account-wide, will obviously not be shared between the WoW accounts that reside on different Battle.net accounts. These things include collections such as heirlooms, mounts, toys and battlepets, but also achievements and the ability to mail certain items such as reputation tokens between accounts.

There's no wrong choice there, it just depends on what's important to you. I do think these are the main issues though, I personally wouldn't distribute them over multiple Battle.net accounts if the only reason was to make that one-time setup easier.

Each new WoW account you add to a Battle.net account will be named "WoW' with a sequential number added behind it. You can make a little list for yourself on paper to help avoid confusion, and check off the links once you've made them. For example:

• Account A: WoW1 - Send invite to B
    • Account B: WoW2 - Send invite to C
    • Account C: WoW3 - Send invite to D
    • Account D: WoW4 - Send invite to E
    • Account E: WoW5 - Send invite to A

The invitations are sent by logging into the game with the veteran account for each link and clicking on a little "handshake" icon as you can see in this official screenshot, and then entering the e-mail address of the target Battle.net account you want to link it to. To help you differentiate between the different e-mails (if you do decide to put them all on a single Battle.net account), you can add a message to yourself in that window you see in the screenshot, e.g. "Sent from A (WoW2) to link to B (WoW3)". That shows up in the invitation e-mail that contains the link.

Unfortunately I've been unable to locate a screenshot of the Account Management pages on the receiving side for you. As I mentioned earlier, what you see there after logging in through the link from the invitation e-mail, is a list of the eligible WoW accounts on your Battle.net account, along with the option to create a new one. So you'll actually see those same names listed, WoW1, WoW2, etc., so you can cross-reference them with the list you made yourself to avoid mistakes.

As long as you take care of one link at a time, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get WoW and WoD, as i understand it, the previous expansions have all been condensed into the standard WoW pack? (Love that, even though i hate paying for expansions...shame EVE hates multiboxing)
    I don't have any recommendations for the lowest prices, but everything except the last expansion have indeed been rolled into one. So a basic WoW account now contains the original game, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. Next week a new expansion will be announced at Gamescom, and there's no information available yet on whether that means upon its release Warlords of Dreanor will also be rolled into the original game as well. Time will tell.

Depending on how you want to level and what you want to do in-game, you can also postpone your purchases of the Warlords of Dreanor expansion and focus on getting a number of teams to level 90 first while your Recruit-A-Friend links are active. Though that will of course have consequences for how fast you'll be able to earn gold for affording WoW Tokens (if that's of importance to you), and getting WoD right away does mean you get five character boosts to level 90 to start you off.

Choices, choices.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 08-02-2015 at 07:44 AM

/QuoteofAbove ^^

Thanks so much that clears up the info i've read from other googles
    pretty confident i can at least get through the account linking and stuff without a glitch

Regarding the expansions, if they do indeed rollback WoD into the "WoW" boxes and then release a new expansion on top that would be rather nice, I don't want to purchase, WoW and WoD just to have WoD rolled back and the money (technically) wasted.

I hadn't really cared much for the boost to 90 because i wanted to level (at least my first) team all by my lonesome

A question on herilooms, mounts, pets and other knick-knacks that are account bound and tradable between accounts on the same Bnet: exactly how difficult is it to get multiples of them? (difficult compared to having all accounts on the same Bnet)
    I don't really remember heirlooms much when i played...Don't remember the concept at all, nor account specific pets or mounts...

Just had a google, assuming that most of the heirlooms are vendor based (hopefully) shouldn't be too hard getting them across all 5 accounts...right?

For (Lets say) the benefit of WoW tokens, is it enough to outweigh the drawbacks? Pets, mounts (don't know much about obtaining BoA pets and mounts) heirlooms...etc

Thanks again for the halp

Edit: Also how important be the tokens for reputation
    Last edited by thedevilyouknow : 08-02-2015 at 05:12 AM

Regarding the expansions, if they do indeed rollback WoD into the "WoW" boxes and then release a new expansion on top that would be rather nice, I don't want to purchase, WoW and WoD just to have WoD rolled back and the money (technically) wasted.

I hadn't really cared much for the boost to 90 because i wanted to level (at least my first) team all by my lonesome
    I was thinking the same, and given you're keen levelling at least your first team the normal way, I would indeed just focus on that for the time being and perhaps see about other teams as well if you like. By the time WoD becomes an option, you can look into purchasing it still (and perhaps find it discounted somewhere), or there might be some info by that time about whether or not they'll roll WoD into the main game or not in the near future.

A question on herilooms, mounts, pets and other knick-knacks that are account bound and tradable between accounts on the same Bnet: exactly how difficult is it to get multiples of them? (difficult compared to having all accounts on the same Bnet)
    I don't really remember heirlooms much when i played...Don't remember the concept at all, nor account specific pets or mounts...

Just had a google, assuming that most of the heirlooms are vendor based (hopefully) shouldn't be too hard getting them across all 5 accounts...right?

For (Lets say) the benefit of WoW tokens, is it enough to outweigh the drawbacks? Pets, mounts (don't know much about obtaining BoA pets and mounts) heirlooms...etc
    That depends entirely on the items in question.

For example, a ordinary vendor mount can just cost a little gold, which you'd have to spend for each Battle.net account, which would be no big deal at all. Personally I'm suffering from a severe Mimiron's Head follow-train addiction when I fly around in the game. That's a mount that has a 0.9% drop chance from Yogg-Saron in Ulduar 25, so obtaining something like that for multiple Battle.net accounts can be immensely time-consuming unless you're incredibly lucky. There are also mounts that cost quite a chunk of gold, or require additional currency such as Apexis Crystals, and those would have to be farmed and spent for each Battle.net account. And there are mounts that require achievements as well, which again, you'd have to obtain for each Battle.net account.

My point is that it's hard to tell, as some things are incredibly easy to obtain, while others can require a lot of time/effort/dedication. However, it very much comes down to how important such things are to you. Because certainly none of those things are a requirement to have fun in the game.

It works pretty much the same way for battlepets and toys. I personally enjoy collecting things like mounts, battlepets and toys, and as such I'm quite pleased that when I've obtained one of them, it gets added to my collection and it's available to (almost) all of my characters. But if you don't care (much) about that, then you wouldn't be spending time farming them anyhow.

And to be honest, I can also imagine it can actually be a fun and gratifying accomplishment to farm such items for multiple accounts. So it depends on your playstyle and what you enjoy doing as well.

As for heirlooms, in 6.1 the heirloom collection tab was introduced. When you obtain an heirloom, it gets added to your collection, and you can then make as many copies of it as you'd like, just by dragging the item from the collection tab to your bags. Most of them can be obtained for gold, and upgraded as far as level 100. A few more can be obtained from a guild vendor (again, for gold, though they might require a certain level of guild reputation and/or guild achievements to unlock - but you could join some random guild to purchase them if needed). So if your WoW accounts would be spread out over multiple Battle.net accounts, you'd simply have to buy them for each one. How much gold that adds up to depends very much on what heirlooms you want to have, and how far you want to upgrade them (though initially it seems like you wouldn't have a need to get them to level 100 just yet, and that saves you quite a chunk). So no, it wouldn't be difficult, it'd just cost you some gold.

Whether the drawbacks outweigh the advantages depends entirely on how important things like mounts, toys and battlepets are to you, and how keen you are on paying for subscription time with WoW Tokens - based on current limitations.

Achievement hunting for the most part fits into the same category as the mounts, toys and pets: it depends on whether you care about such things. But one thing to keep in mind there is that for Warlords of Draenor, a new model has been introduced for unlocking the ability to fly, and one they seemingly intend to carry forward into future expansions. The current one is called "Draenor Pathfinder", which is a meta achievement that requires you to discover a bunch of treasures, work through all the quests in all the new zones, get a few reputations to Revered and do a few other things as well. In order to unlock flying on Draenor for all of your characters, you'd have to obtain said achievement for each of your Battle.net accounts.

There's no information available about whether or not the Draenor Pathfinder achievement will still be a requirement to fly on Draenor after the next expansion has been released.

Thanks again for the halp
    You're welcome.

Also how important be the tokens for reputation
    In my opinion, not hugely important. It's mostly a matter of convenience to be able to mail tokens around. As an example, some garrison missions yield Battle.net account bound tokens that increase reputation with a certain factions. That allowed me to simply stockpile all of those I obtained through various characters on a single bank alt until I had enough to send them to my main, who then became Exalted by the timeless art of clicking. I was then able to purchase the pets and mounts for my account-wide collection, with no need to obtain that reputation on other characters.

While I found that rather convenient, it's not as if separate Battle.net accounts would prevent you from obtaining such items. It just means you'd spend a little more time farming the rep or tokens, that's all.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 08-02-2015 at 07:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    A question on herilooms, mounts, pets and other knick-knacks that are account bound and tradable between accounts on the same Bnet: exactly how difficult is it to get multiples of them?

it'd just cost you some gold.
    "Some gold" translates to "about 320,000" for all heirlooms upgraded to level 100.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    "Some gold" translates to "about 320,000" for all heirlooms upgraded to level 100.
    Correct, but as you could also read, he wouldn't have a need to upgrade them all the way up to level 100 just yet, and it also depends on what classes and specs he'd like to level exactly.

That said, it can indeed add up quickly, particularly when using multiple Battle.net accounts as each one will have their own collection.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 08-02-2015 at 04:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    x5

I am going to assume that if my party all stuck together and did the same stuff then they should get the same achievements...or most of them together
    With gold though i guess it'll just be fun doing it across multiple accounts....who knows

Split accounts it is

Hoping the linking of the accounts will still work across different Bnets

x5
    Heirlooms now get stored like mounts and pets and i think should be available to all characters (i've not confirmed this though)

Hoping the linking of the accounts will still work across different Bnets
    It doesn't matter if it's the same BNet or not. The only requirements to link two accounts together is that they're both World of Warcraft, and they're less than 30 days old—That's it. Stop worrying about whether different BNets can be attached to each other, because they can. If different BNet accounts couldn't be linked together then that would defeat the entire purpose of the RaF system altogether seeing as that's how friends recruit each other—Using different BNet accounts. As multiboxers, we're lucky that the RaF system can be used on the same BNet account, otherwise we'd be forced to use separate BNet accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by omegared View Post
    Heirlooms now get stored like mounts and pets and i think should be available to all characters (i've not confirmed this though)
    He has decided to use five entirely separate BNet accounts.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I don't have anything new to add that everyone else hasn't already mentioned, but I really don't think you will enjoy having them on separate Bnet accounts, assuming you plan on keeping them all.

Linking and RAFing are not technically synonymous as i understand it

A lot of other games have RAF in some version or another, letting vets or friends bring in more people with added bonuses

WoW is the first game (that i know of) that has allowed that system to go both ways, so yes, worrying about spending around 24(i think that is the average) US dollars (x5) and making a tiny mistake or error due to not knowing a brand new mechanic is only logical.

It should be fun to see how much the game has changed over the years
    My girlfriend also wants to play with me should be...interesting
    Thanks for the help again, sure I'll come crawling back here with a headache sometime soon after purchase